IGNORED

BCFC Podcasts

pl00peh91

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I agree Sir Geoff.  Ian is incredibly negative, even when we win sometimes.  I honestly believe he thinks he should be manager.  Changes his opinion on players, systems every week.

He blocked me on twitter after I asked him if he ever said anything positive about City ?

4 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Not a lot of love on here for Ian Gay, is there?

Pretty sure his sources told him this wasn’t true ?

I like Ian. Yes he comes across like a bit of an old curmudgeon sometimes (often) but he’s not scared to say what he thinks on the radio or the poddy. 

I as an elder statesmen of this Club (I’m knocking on the door of 60 that can remember the Dolman being built (the bowls green underneath was state of the art back then) and further back, like the idea that someone can blurt out something about Luton away in 75, (0/0 Jimmy Mann hit the crossbar and Clive Thomas blew up while the ball was coming in from a corner. Luton scored and their players went nuts) to fill any voids. 

Personally I find the others a bit smarty (again personal opinion) and I’m never quite sure when they are on. After Twentyman is a good time for the old guys as we would have forgotten half of the match by Sunday. 

Good Luck to all the podcasts for the coming season. My personal opinion (again) is that we will have way more to shout about than Ian thinks!

Regarding Ian, the new FBC 21/22 episodes have revisited his odd obsession with player heights. Going on about DaSilva etc on the recent episode, Brentford did OK with Rico Henry at identical height.

If we collect a quid for each time he reels out "...we've got Nakhi Wells who's 5 foot 6...." we'll fund a new striker by the end of August!

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I agree Sir Geoff.  Ian is incredibly negative, even when we win sometimes.  I honestly believe he thinks he should be manager.  Changes his opinion on players, systems every week.

Towler a prime example last season, week after week he said needed to be picked, and when he was he wasn’t ready to be selected!!

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Will you be making any appearances this season Fevs?

2 hours ago, Red Zeppelin said:

Regarding Ian, the new FBC 21/22 episodes have revisited his odd obsession with player heights. Going on about DaSilva etc on the recent episode, Brentford did OK with Rico Henry at identical height.

If we collect a quid for each time he reels out "...we've got Nakhi Wells who's 5 foot 6...." we'll fund a new striker by the end of August!

I know, winds me up.  Either a “midget” (crass term) when describing Wells or Dasilva, or 6’2” and likes a tackle. 

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Will you be making any appearances this season Fevs?

Some, yes…but can’t commit because now got things like travel to factor in, and time away from home….last season because it just watch the game on Robinstv it was let of a commitment.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I know, winds me up.  Either a “midget” (crass term) when describing Wells or Dasilva, or 6’2” and likes a tackle. 

Some, yes…but can’t commit because now got things like travel to factor in, and time away from home….last season because it just watch the game on Robinstv it was let of a commitment.

Coincidentally I saw Wells in the supermarket this afternoon (not wearing a mask, obviously) and I was surprised at how small he is. 5ft 7 according to Wiki. He's very slight with it too. Somehow looks bigger on the pitch I think!

3 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Coincidentally I saw Wells in the supermarket this afternoon (not wearing a mask, obviously) and I was surprised at how small he is. 5ft 7 according to Wiki. He's very slight with it too. Somehow looks bigger on the pitch I think!

Yes, not very tall.

Through plenty of travel I “treat” myself to all 3 usually. 

OSIB would be my go to choice- I think the way that runs is very “easy listening” and the added extras of the “a cider with” are really good. 

3peap are good, slightly calmer in my opinion. 

FBC irritates me, yet I still listen….. The presenter doesn’t seem to be able to control Ian, and Ian is very vocal and often goes off on a tangent about something, then as others have mentioned changes his mind. 

Id personally be very keen to hear a @Davefevs monthly recap with his data insights to dispel a few myths and give us some insight into some of the stats and data of our performances. 

genuinely grateful for all the time and effort that’s put into producing these tho- certainly beats listening to talksport or a random music shuffle!  

Just now, ohhhshauntaylor said:

OSIB would be my go to choice- I think the way that runs is very “easy listening” and the added extras of the “a cider with” are really good. 

FBC irritates me, yet I still listen….. The presenter doesn’t seem to be able to control Ian, and Ian is very vocal and often goes off on a tangent about something, then as others have mentioned changes his mind. 

Id personally be very keen to hear a @Davefevs monthly recap with his data insights to dispel a few myths and give us some insight into some of the stats and data of our performances. 

genuinely grateful for all the time and effort that’s put into producing these tho- certainly beats listening to talksport or a random music shuffle!  

Ian also knows everyone’s wage- likes to quote things like “we’re paying him good money, £18k a week” 

19 minutes ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

As I’ve spoken to Dave (Headhunter), I think FBC works best with Dave hosting and two others, not three….doesn’t matter which 2.  You get more bouncing off each other, a chance to counter the other person’s views, which get lost when you have to wait your turn and the next person has drifted onto something else.

I like OSIB, especially when Rob is on….adds some chaos / extremity….but I like his views on the game importantly.

3 Peeps is pretty slick, but is a bit safe imho.

But I think we are lucky to have 3 pods that offer something different.  I listen to them all time permitting.

What happened to BS3 Talk, the young guns?

14 hours ago, pl00peh91 said:

Hello all, I was just wondering ahead of the new season which Bristol City podcasts are continuing? I’ve seen that Gregor MacGregor’s one with Michelle Owen (Robins On The Wire) has been discontinued.

Anyone know whether the others are continuing this year? It would be useful if someone could explain the differences between them to the uninitiated too! Thanks

While technically a Bristol City podcast; there is Bristol City Vixencast (for the City Women team) which I joined last season, and helped build/develop. I've even mentioned elsewhere how I used OSIB as inspiration, and have appeared on 3PIAPC before.
We're planning to return for the new season in the FA Women's Championship, having taken a break over the summer

The forgotten one here seems to be BS3 talk although not sure it's still being done. Clearly a good dynamic between good friends that just want to have a laugh. Not aggressive and overly opinionated and they call each other out and have a laugh at duplicity of some of there own statements. Think top gear. 

OSIB is the beige of podcasts for me (unless Robs on), nothing too dramatic or funny, decent analysis, seems overly positive when we lose and positive when we win. The most professional of all the podcasts and despite what others say I think it sounds more professional than some professional podcasts. Think the one show. 

I have to listen to FBC live - it winds me up a bit but I find it really annoying listening a day later. Think Jeramy vine. 

On 3 peaps I seem to have no idea if it's going to even mention Bristol City so stopped listening. Think picking a random TV channel and seeing what's on. 

12 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I don't know Ian, but for me he's comfortably one of the most knowledge and interesting contributors to listen to, whether I agree with him, or not. 

I think that's the thing with Ian - he does know his stuff but to many he is a marmite character, somewhat like Piers Morgan although he hasn't stormed out of the studio on any of our live recordings!!

It is good to read what listeners think about our content, be it good or bad. All of the podcasts are different and whilst we have largely come across as negative who would argue that for the past 3.5 years other than for the happy clappers performances on the field and the antics of those off it [MA] have reflected the majority view? Some have rightly noted that we have been positive about the appointment of Pearson and the promotion of youth. How refreshing it was to hear Pearson say on SOTC last night that he would never buy a player that wasn't an improvement on what we already have  - so many of LJ/MA acquisitions did not appear to satisfy that criteria.

FBC Podcast will always be fiercely independent. We are not affiliated to the club in any way and probably explains why we haven't been invited down to the training ground for a tour, get player interviews, view behind closed door friendlies - if we were to go down that path I feel it would make it difficult for us to call it as we see it. We haven't had a sponsor and aren't seeking one but if we did I'd give the money to a different charity each month - we do it for the buzz and that it allows us to express our views to who ever chooses to listen and provokes debate.

Thanks to all who listen live, download the recordings and to Ian, DaveFevs, Mark, and other contributors who make it what it is.

3 minutes ago, headhunter said:

FBC Podcast will always be fiercely independent. We are not affiliated to the club in any way and probably explains why we haven't been invited down to the training ground for a tour, get player interviews, view behind closed door friendlies - if we were to go down that path I feel it would make it difficult for us to call it as we see it.

I don't think any of the podcasts are affiliated to the club are they? Apart from the one that Downsy is on and everybody ignores anyway......

21 minutes ago, headhunter said:

I think that's the thing with Ian - he does know his stuff but to many he is a marmite character, somewhat like Piers Morgan although he hasn't stormed out of the studio on any of our live recordings!!

It is good to read what listeners think about our content, be it good or bad. All of the podcasts are different and whilst we have largely come across as negative who would argue that for the past 3.5 years other than for the happy clappers performances on the field and the antics of those off it [MA] have reflected the majority view? Some have rightly noted that we have been positive about the appointment of Pearson and the promotion of youth. How refreshing it was to hear Pearson say on SOTC last night that he would never buy a player that wasn't an improvement on what we already have  - so many of LJ/MA acquisitions did not appear to satisfy that criteria.

FBC Podcast will always be fiercely independent. We are not affiliated to the club in any way and probably explains why we haven't been invited down to the training ground for a tour, get player interviews, view behind closed door friendlies - if we were to go down that path I feel it would make it difficult for us to call it as we see it. We haven't had a sponsor and aren't seeking one but if we did I'd give the money to a different charity each month - we do it for the buzz and that it allows us to express our views to who ever chooses to listen and provokes debate.

Thanks to all who listen live, download the recordings and to Ian, DaveFevs, Mark, and other contributors who make it what it is.

Personally feel the live show straight after the game is a really strong aspect to your podcast. Good or bad it’s emotive because of it, without really giving people time to reflect / calm down. As someone who doesn’t get to many games due to living in Yorkshire and with a young family , it’s almost like being in the pub straight after the game.

@3 Peaps In A PodCastcleatly have a relationship with ex players and are trusted by those involved. The Murray, Thorpe & Carey one was exceptional  and would recommend anyone to listen to it who hadn’t.

@Shtanley& @petehintonOSIB is always a good listen, goes so far off track at times it makes it more enjoyable. ‘Cider with’ the way you make your interviewee so relaxed and open is a real credit and skill. 

As many say , lucky to have three top quality fan run podcasts and thank you to all for your efforts, as it’s clearly a time consuming effort. 

12 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I bumped into Tomas with his glamorous gitlfriend in Sainsburys Bedminster last week................... I swear he's put on more muscle during the Euros, and looks even Bigger   than on  the pitch... Ha!                                          

4 hours ago, Pezo said:

The forgotten one here seems to be BS3 talk although not sure it's still being done. Clearly a good dynamic between good friends that just want to have a laugh. Not aggressive and overly opinionated and they call each other out and have a laugh at duplicity of some of there own statements. Think top gear. 

OSIB is the beige of podcasts for me (unless Robs on), nothing too dramatic or funny, decent analysis, seems overly positive when we lose and positive when we win. The most professional of all the podcasts and despite what others say I think it sounds more professional than some professional podcasts. Think the one show. 

I have to listen to FBC live - it winds me up a bit but I find it really annoying listening a day later. Think Jeramy vine. 

On 3 peaps I seem to have no idea if it's going to even mention Bristol City so stopped listening. Think picking a random TV channel and seeing what's on. 

Hey mate - any show that starts “Bonus Show” will be post match reaction and will be out the day of or the following day of each game.  In addition the episodes starting “Robins Reunited” is also Bristol City quality.  Those that start “Episode” are anything goes as this is the original concept of 3 Peaps.  

42 minutes ago, 3 Peaps In A PodCast said:

Hey mate - any show that starts “Bonus Show” will be post match reaction and will be out the day of or the following day of each game.  In addition the episodes starting “Robins Reunited” is also Bristol City quality.  Those that start “Episode” are anything goes as this is the original concept of 3 Peaps.  

Thanks, the difficulty for me is I get a notification about things I'm not interested in which is annoying enough for me to unsubscribe. Reading back my comment it is unfair - the Robins reunited are great and I check in every now and again to see if there is a new one. 

I like to listen to all 3 podcasts over the course of a few days after a game..........to listen to the contrasting opinions and analysis.  I have to say that OSIB is my favourite, as it is more humorous and witty, the other two tend to be a bit more earnest and volatile.  However they are all worth a listen, as they often raise aspects of a game that I may not have considered or picked up on.  Long may they all continue to thrive!

All of the Podcasts have more strengths than weaknesses.

I am really grateful to all of them for taking the time and trouble to produce them. Especially important during last season when fans could not discuss games at the Gate or in their local.

Ian seems to be getting stick on here. I like him, he tells it as he sees it. Don’t always agree with him, but that's what makes life interesting.

Thanks to all who work hard to create the pods. It is appreciated.

Archived