IGNORED

Yate v Bristol City U23's

Steve Watts

I'm hoping to make it, depends on work. @Steve Watts Had a look on their website and unfortunately not much info? Kick off 19:45 and that's it.

This is all they have on the website www.yatetownfc.com  They are still advertising the upcoming fixture with FGR, which was 17th July! If it's any help, Forest Green Match was £7 adults, under 16's free and the clubhouse opened about 2 hours before kick off. 

Cannot find anything on the BCFC or Bristol Sport websites. Might be worth checking it is still going ahead..

I'm going with the two boys. They answered the question about prices on Twitter £7 for adults, kids are free tonight.

Last year the club house was open for bevarages not sure about food options but pre covid did all the normal stuff.

It's mostly standing but there is a small stand if you need to sit down.

1 hour ago, Old Rascal said:

I'm hoping to make it, depends on work. @Steve Watts Had a look on their website and unfortunately not much info? Kick off 19:45 and that's it.

This is all they have on the website www.yatetownfc.com  They are still advertising the upcoming fixture with FGR, which was 17th July! If it's any help, Forest Green Match was £7 adults, under 16's free and the clubhouse opened about 2 hours before kick off. 

Cannot find anything on the BCFC or Bristol Sport websites. Might be worth checking it is still going ahead..

I see Steve Watts has responded and he is a Yate boy. After my Stockwood days I then lived in Yate. It is a great place and the Shire Way Community Center is good for a beer. Or if you would like to rough it the 002 pub if it is still there at Abbotsway  Shopping center but take a few mates 

7 minutes ago, City oz said:

I see Steve Watts has responded and he is a Yate boy. After my Stockwood days I then lived in Yate. It is a great place and the Shire Way Community Center is good for a beer. Or if you would like to rough it the 002 pub if it is still there at Abbotsway  Shopping center but take a few mates 

The 002 is still there. Now the Abbotswood Inn. Still rough as a badgers arse.

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

The 002 is still there. Now the Abbotswood Inn. Still rough as a badgers arse.

Hahaha I have some memories going back to 1982. I got a bit of a dust up in the toilets by three blokes. I later found out the girl I was seeing in Yate was still engaged to one of the three.

However we are still happily married almost 40 years later.

Its funny when we went back to the UK late 2019 I took my son and brother in law to the same pub and the pub was stuck in some kind of time warp. It still looked like shit and gas heads also frequent this pub when desperate to find a cheap bear to console their sorrows. ?

1 hour ago, City oz said:

Yate struggles for a decent boozer. Spoons in the shopping centre is probably the worst. Part of the ' Bermuda triangle' of Yate...where within a few feet you have a Spoons, Betting shop, Vape shop, Tanning booth, Post office and Dr's surgery. And a Gregg's just round the corner. The outside looks like the start of an F1 grid, only being motability scooters, seen people park up and literally run in when raining...it's like a miracle ? seems some live their whole life in that area ? Joking aside and tongue in cheek...it's pretty sad.

Better heading into Sodders, where there are a better quality of pub. Horseshoe and Squire my preferred drinking houses. Less Gas ?

Yate Town FC is a great little Club and always worth a visit. 

Fingers crossed I'll be there tonight.

3 hours ago, City oz said:

Hahaha I have some memories going back to 1982. I got a bit of a dust up in the toilets by three blokes. I later found out the girl I was seeing in Yate was still engaged to one of the three.

However we are still happily married almost 40 years later.

Its funny when we went back to the UK late 2019 I took my son and brother in law to the same pub and the pub was stuck in some kind of time warp. It still looked like shit and gas heads also frequent this pub when desperate to find a cheap bear to console their sorrows. ?

Abbotswood shops and pub are pretty shocking and in desperate  need of investment/knocking down.

Some decent take-aways though.

Chav central.

6 hours ago, spudski said:

Yate struggles for a decent boozer. Spoons in the shopping centre is probably the worst. Part of the ' Bermuda triangle' of Yate...where within a few feet you have a Spoons, Betting shop, Vape shop, Tanning booth, Post office and Dr's surgery. And a Gregg's just round the corner. The outside looks like the start of an F1 grid, only being motability scooters, seen people park up and literally run in when raining...it's like a miracle ? seems some live their whole life in that area ? Joking aside and tongue in cheek...it's pretty sad.

Better heading into Sodders, where there are a better quality of pub. Horseshoe and Squire my preferred drinking houses. Less Gas ?

Yate Town FC is a great little Club and always worth a visit. 

Fingers crossed I'll be there tonight.

I've lived in yate for 17 years now, I grew up in Winterbourne and Frampton. If you want a pint go up the street. I totally agree the place has lost alot of drinking pubs. I used to like playing pool in the railway. Unfortunately it's all about food nowadays, the spit and saw dust pubs are dead  

The abbotswood Inn is still open "002' but what a load of gashead retards you get in there.

Archived