IGNORED

Abus matchday Bus service has been withdrawn

ark_at_ee_mind

Not sure if this has been posted already, but I was just checking that this service (from Brislington to Ashton Gate) is still running for Saturday's game, only to discover that is has actually been permanently withdrawn!

Thought I'd post this in case anyone else was unaware, as I don't think this has been widely publicised on the OS (apart from a mention in the 'Getting to the gate' page for the friendly against Villa, here).  Also confirmed on the Abus website, here.

Can't say I'm that pleased about it as the Abus service was perfect for me, and I think I'll have to use the Park and Ride from Brislington (Service AG2) instead now which I find much less convenient (and slower).

Also worth mentioning that FirstBus have withdrawn the AG4 Service as well.

44 minutes ago, ark_at_ee_mind said:

Not sure if this has been posted already, but I was just checking that this service (from Brislington to Ashton Gate) is still running for Saturday's game, only to discover that is has actually been permanently withdrawn!

Thought I'd post this in case anyone else was unaware, as I don't think this has been widely publicised on the OS (apart from a mention in the 'Getting to the gate' page for the friendly against Villa, here).  Also confirmed on the Abus website, here.

Can't say I'm that pleased about it as the Abus service was perfect for me, and I think I'll have to use the Park and Ride from Brislington (Service AG2) instead now which I find much less convenient (and slower).

Also worth mentioning that FirstBus have withdrawn the AG4 Service as well.

As far as I am aware Abus is withdrawing its 349 service too, so I don’t know if they are ceasing trading altogether? 
I did check the other day and it appears you can use a dayrider ticket for the AG2 if you get on in the Bristol zone, which includes Keynsham (up to Ellsbridge House) so it should only cost £5/£4.50 with app

37 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

Very disappointing. Its going to have to be the 24 for me but the queues for this service will now signicantly increase. 

It was chaos when I tried it with my much older Dad and he no longer is willing to go to games on public transport. Single decker buses...... It is a shambles. 

30 minutes ago, Rebounder said:

It was chaos when I tried it with my much older Dad and he no longer is willing to go to games on public transport. Single decker buses...... It is a shambles. 

Even the double deckers are rammed post match. I ended up walking to Redcliffe Hill to get a bus (should’ve gone to East St really) on Saturday, so took ages to get home to Keynsham.

• Admin
28 minutes ago, Rebounder said:

Out of interest when did you last get this service, I thought the 24 had been a double decker service for over a year now

18 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Limited trains this Saturday as well, no trains from Bath direction and think I'm right in saying nothing from North Bristol. All adds to the adventure of getting to AG ?

I'd check again later in the week, services were running all routes last Saturday after a late change

15 minutes ago, phantom said:

Out of interest when did you last get this service, I thought the 24 had been a double decker service for over a year now

I'd check again later in the week, services were running all routes last Saturday after a late change

Fair enough I'm glad that's changed. The game was the 3-0 loss against Leeds a while ago so before that changed. I retract my shambles comment - though it was that day. 

1 minute ago, Rebounder said:

Fair enough I'm glad that's changed. The game was the 3-0 loss against Leeds a while ago so before that changed. I retract my shambles comment - though it was that day. 

Apparently that was 4 years ago... I have no idea where that time went. 

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Even so, it is packed out and you're not always able to get on. You have no chance if you don't get in the queue in Duckmoor road

The club did mention this before the Villa game and thanked Abus for their service.

They then mentioned it’s replacement too, I’m hoping it’ll be better.

• AG3: Temple Meads Stop T6 (Station Approach) - Haymarket Stop B10 (near Primark) – St Augustine’s Parade Stop C7 (opposite The Hippodrome) – Ashton Gate

Here is the full story for the Villa game, I presume it’ll be similar to this for the rest of the season bar the timings of course.

The Temple Meads offer looks loads better than Abus, not their fault they did all they could but it was embarrassing waiting at Temple Meads sometimes and telling away fans the one or two buses have gone or wouldn’t be along for an hour. Absolute madness from the major rail station to a championship stadium.

Let’s hope this is as good a it looks

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/getting-to-the-gate-aston-villa/

• Admin
12 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

@JerrySLO

Any news on the pre and post match transport situation?

Already announced - see link below 

11 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

Here is the full story for the Villa game, I presume it’ll be similar to this for the rest of the season bar the timings of course.

The Temple Meads offer looks loads better than Abus, not their fault they did all they could but it was embarrassing waiting at Temple Meads sometimes and telling away fans the one or two buses have gone or wouldn’t be along for an hour. Absolute madness from the major rail station to a championship stadium.

Let’s hope this is as good a it looks

https://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/getting-to-the-gate-aston-villa/

11 minutes ago, Clutton Caveman said:

I wonder is a car sharing site should be set up. Plenty of people travel with 1 or 2 people in the car and would welcome a bit of extra discussion too and from the game.

That is a good idea. A bit of help with petrol and parking costs. Good way to make new friends too.

• Admin
51 minutes ago, Clutton Caveman said:

I wonder is a car sharing site should be set up. Plenty of people travel with 1 or 2 people in the car and would welcome a bit of extra discussion too and from the game.

The interesting thing is, when the club were looking to move to Ashton Vale they had to sign up to numerous measures to get people to the ground with organised public transport, this involved promotion of car sharing schemes, coaches from a long list of various areas

The sad thing this all got dropped  

• Admin
5 minutes ago, thatcham red said:

On top of the bus replacement service into Temple Meads, the 10.27am to Weston that passes through Parsons Street has also been cancelled. Potential for others to be cancelled, so worth checking.

GWR have been running an amended timetable since Saturday last weekend between Weston and Bristol, the stopping services are all over the place compared to the normal timetable

The times actually changes twice at the end of last week

The A Bus service was very convenient for me, living in Brislington, although it took a very convoluted route and leaving an hour before kick off didn’t give enough time to have a couple of drinks before the game. It’s a shame it’s stopped. But it makes sense for there to be a more regular service from TM. 

On 03/08/2021 at 12:55, exAtyeoMax said:

As far as I am aware Abus is withdrawing its 349 service too, so I don’t know if they are ceasing trading altogether? 
I did check the other day and it appears you can use a dayrider ticket for the AG2 if you get on in the Bristol zone, which includes Keynsham (up to Ellsbridge House) so it should only cost £5/£4.50 with app

and 5 of you can travel together for £10 or £9

16 hours ago, Slack Bladder said:

I think Ashton Gate falls into the Bristol Clean Air Zone charge which was due to start this year.

So good public transport links are needed more than ever.

We'll need parking space for all those orange scooters 

Just had a look and the CAZ ends at the cut, so unless things change, Southville and Ashton Gate won't be affected. It starts probably 2022.

• Admin
22 hours ago, Offside said:

The A Bus service was very convenient for me, living in Brislington, although it took a very convoluted route and leaving an hour before kick off didn’t give enough time to have a couple of drinks before the game. It’s a shame it’s stopped. But it makes sense for there to be a more regular service from TM. 

aBus was convenient for years getting back to Temple Meads, but the service was so poor before the game

Because they ran so few buses you would have to be there early to guarantee getting the service

At least now it will be regular and not have to worry about missing the service

Archived