IGNORED

Loans Out - Conway / Janneh

Davefevs

15 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Cheltenham usually play 2 strikers

So Cheltenham are planning a league 1 campaign based on playing two rookie loanee strikers up front.  Really?  It may well be true.  As I said I’m very much not ITK, but it does seem odd for Conway and Janneh to go to the same club when there are probably other clubs interested in loaning them separately.

5 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Talk on social media that both might be heading to Cheltenham on loan.

Nothing on the OS………The usual wild speculation and rumour on social media. I’m expecting Conway to be around the matchday squad particularly as Nige thinks we’re short of a striker.

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Only a friendly but Bell was seriously impressive on the left against Villa. Looks a lot stronger than last season. Fantastic energy and intelligent movement. Looks like he can dribble too.

Pearson could be thinking something like this when thinking of the attacking depth in our squad and who generally will play where in the 4231.

A.

Weimann  Palmer   O'Dowda 

Martin

B. 

Semenyo   Scott    Bell 

Wells 

That's just 2 examples and not necessarily first and second best attacking line ups. 8 players fighting for 4 positions.

Obviously if we sign an attacking player or 2 then that completely changes things!

⬇️⬇️⬇️

41 minutes ago, Finley_Smith10 said:

I thought it seemed conway was ahead of Bell but shows how much we know. We got promising players and hopefully they can all push the experienced players. Especially Scott who could be our next big player 

Think we are seeing the usual rating of youngsters emerging, based on snippets of minutes, and the latest good performance pushing a particular player forward….Bell and Scott the latest to benefit.  A week ago it was Janneh, last season was Conway, etc etc.  The main thing is that it’s all positive views…long may it continue.

We have been talking about Bell, Conway, Janneh and Britton in the main as centre-forwards on differing types, but now we are seeing Bell and Janneh wide left, which makes direct comparison more difficult, either in terms of staying here or going on loan….there are different considerations as a result.

Never clearcut is it?

3 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I would be very surprised if Scott is not close to the first team. I can't be so sure on Bell, but very positive what we saw on the weekend.

Scott, as we sit here today, is gonna be a regular in the 18 imho, you know I don’t really do “starters” or “best eleven”.  I see no benefit to send him on loan this side of Xmas whilst he’s on a bit of a progressive “roll”.  If he plateaus, drops off, gets found to be deficient in anyway, no harm in looking at loan in January.  Doesn’t look likely based on his contribution last season and this pre-season….but Champ football can be brutal.

All the others (Bell and Conway in particular) will depend on availability and form of others….and their own form  (if they stay here during this window).

Its massively healthy though, Academy really bearing fruit….many look like having EFL careers in some shape or form, which is a fantastic.  A number look to have at least the opportunity at this level, which is even better.  Some will fall by the wayside, but several are still really young too.

25 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Scott, as we sit here today, is gonna be a regular in the 18 imho, you know I don’t really do “starters” or “best eleven”.  I see no benefit to send him on loan this side of Xmas whilst he’s on a bit of a progressive “roll”.  If he plateaus, drops off, gets found to be deficient in anyway, no harm in looking at loan in January.  Doesn’t look likely based on his contribution last season and this pre-season….but Champ football can be brutal.

All the others (Bell and Conway in particular) will depend on availability and form of others….and their own form  (if they stay here during this window).

Its massively healthy though, Academy really bearing fruit….many look like having EFL careers in some shape or form, which is a fantastic.  A number look to have at least the opportunity at this level, which is even better.  Some will fall by the wayside, but several are still really young too.

Heartily agree. If they are 'on the verge' keep 'em here.  We haven't a huge squad any more, chances will come.

Loans can push a player on, but occasionally we've seen them halting or even reversing the progress a young player is making.  It's quite a finely judged thing deciding what is best in each case.

38 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Well they cannot all develop in the first team at BCFC , but there is also a good chance that many of these players will be part of our squad in 3 years time. Opportunities will depend on who is fit and on the payroll at any time. If you look at Leicester , NP did exactly that , his real squad we will see in 3 seasons time. Many have said we should be working with Cheltenham (really talented coach ) , Exeter and FGR far more. 

I suspect Brian Tinnion wouldn’t mind less miles, unless he’s caning it on the expenses ???

1 hour ago, Mr X said:

Looks as if this is going to be the best batch of players coming through together since Coles, Matty Hill, Doc, Burnell etc under Danny Wilson.  

Weren’t their respective high-watermarks achieved here though? Did any of them really go onto great heights elsewhere? Tommy Doc in particular could’ve achieved much more had he really wanted.  

Archived