IGNORED

Talksport today - review of the Championship

Hampshire Red

18 minutes ago, RedRock said:

My worry is a key fundamental hasn’t seemingly been addressed. Where are the chances being created?

Dasilva and Vyner I don’t see as great crossers. Indeed, I can’t recall a Vyner cross. Ever. That leaves CoD and I still haven’t a clue what he brings to the team and Weimann who, again, is a non crosser. So the likes of Martin is wasted.

That leaves us coming through the middle. Palmer is more miss than hit and hasn’t formed a partnership with any attacker, Bakinson likewise. Other options untested.

Really interested to see Nige’s game plan in the Blackpool match. We will know to a large degree after that whether there’s a solution or our struggle to score will last another season. My fear is Nige is relying on CoD to deliver and we know how that will turn out.

This video is a pretty good example of several chances created against PL Villa.

….even if our finishing wasn’t on the money…..nor the refs ability to spot a penalty or three (this is only video I’ve seen of the second one on Scott, plus the clothes-line on Martin).

Subtract the score line (of course you can’t ignore it and the defensive mistakes) and it was promising.

This was nothing like last season.

2 hours ago, RedRock said:

My worry is a key fundamental hasn’t seemingly been addressed. Where are the chances being created?

Dasilva and Vyner I don’t see as great crossers. Indeed, I can’t recall a Vyner cross. Ever. That leaves CoD and I still haven’t a clue what he brings to the team and Weimann who, again, is a non crosser. So the likes of Martin is wasted.

That leaves us coming through the middle. Palmer is more miss than hit and hasn’t formed a partnership with any attacker, Bakinson likewise. Other options untested.

Really interested to see Nige’s game plan in the Blackpool match. We will know to a large degree after that whether there’s a solution or our struggle to score will last another season. My fear is Nige is relying on CoD to deliver and we know how that will turn out.

Just watched the highlights Dave put up- not necessarily through crossing tbh, but we did create chances. Didn't take them though...plus the goal for Aston Villa's 3rd, ball was out, we were possibly denied a pen or 2 as well- you'd hope to get at least 1 of the attempts we had!

Bentley did a poor job on their 2nd too- but better Saturday than during the season.

I've also watched back their 3rd several times, could be a trick of the light, but have to wonder if it hit El Ghazi's hand in the buildup.

Can't pinpoint exactly but somewhere between 2:58-3:04. Think ball was out of play at point of being crossed and potential for an offside as well.

If Weimann was offside in 2019- extremely debatable- then El Ghazi looks similar here when the ball played.

Irrespective of even the above points, I thought we created some good chances, some neat football for sure- made errors wouldn't expect, so best to eradicate now and on balance 3-0 was harsh.

Archived