IGNORED

No Robins TV next season..

Silvio Dante

33 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I've tried many different IPTV providers and they were all much of a muchness until the one I'm with now was recommended. Been with them 3 years now. It's by invitation only and they run off their own panel unlike the majority. £75 a year I pay and have pretty much everything including 6k series and 8k movies.

Obviously all the sports channels and club matches are on there too.

I'm very happy with them tbh.

Do you have a 8k TV? Otherwise it’ll make no difference 

13 minutes ago, boatman said:

I am on the city database with a uk address, would they still let me purchase with my current address as long as I have a v p n?

Yes.

As I said above I live abroad, but use my UK address for all things City. I have been paying them for RobinsTV for years now and the address never comes up. You'd just need to have your VPN active when you log on to the site to pay.

34 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Toby has read out my name in the past, saying “and hi to Dave joining us from Frankfurt”

They tweeted out during/before a game asking where our abroad viewers are watching from so I replied "Milton Key... I mean Paris, definitely Paris"

12 hours ago, boatman said:

I am on the city database with a uk address, would they still let me purchase with my current address as long as I have a v p n?

Yeah, the way to look at it I guess is that some people have to go abroad for months at a time for work, and therefore they live here, but have a legitimate reason to be subscribing.  The club are just doing what they have to do in terms of blocking UK IP addresses given the regulations surrounding UK broadcasts.  They would obviously prefer bums on seats, but I doubt they really care about people using VPN's if they can't make the match.  They're just not allowed to encourage, or even acknowledge it I guess.

On 04/08/2021 at 17:14, RedEyez said:

Yeah I would be game for that if I had no eyes 

Very funny, ha ha!   I could subscribe to Robins TV, I can afford it, but as I have studied all comments on the quality of this stream since is has started, I'm not convinced it is good enough. I don't like watching any stream if it is buffering and going on and off, fortunately I don't have that problem with the audio service, which is in fact the Radio Bristol commentary. I find it very good and especially when Gary Owers is co - commentator, he tends to tell it like it is and is very informative, unlike the commentators on the TV stream, I've been told. So for the time being I will be sticking to the audio, my decision and mine alone.

On 05/08/2021 at 10:29, Steve Watts said:

Yeah, the way to look at it I guess is that some people have to go abroad for months at a time for work, and therefore they live here, but have a legitimate reason to be subscribing.  The club are just doing what they have to do in terms of blocking UK IP addresses given the regulations surrounding UK broadcasts.  They would obviously prefer bums on seats, but I doubt they really care about people using VPN's if they can't make the match.  They're just not allowed to encourage, or even acknowledge it I guess.

Just to confirm it’s not a problem. I am registered in the UK but often find myself travelling abroad between 2.30 and 5.30 on alternate weekends and some Midweek evenings. 

If, like me, you cannot get to the gate often, it’s a decent service for the money

Archived