IGNORED

Louis Britton

James54De

7 minutes ago, James54De said:

Is it fair to assume that he is not being included in the first team reckoning because of his contract situation. Seems to be, statistically, superior to both Bell and Conway.

Ok , as someone who doesn’t live on here 24/7 what is his contract situation ?

11 minutes ago, James54De said:

Is it fair to assume that he is not being included in the first team reckoning because of his contract situation. Seems to be, statistically, superior to both Bell and Conway.

Bell and Conway are both better players. Don’t think it’s got anything to do with contracts 

6 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Bell and Conway are both better players. Don’t think it’s got anything to do with contracts 

If Nigel Pearson prefers a big striker up top, as has been suggested on here, surely Britton fits the bill more so than Bell or Conway. 

4 minutes ago, James54De said:

If Nigel Pearson prefers a big striker up top, as has been suggested on here, surely Britton fits the bill more so than Bell or Conway. 

Maybe he’s not quite ready, physically, to play that role in the championship just yet? 

8 minutes ago, James54De said:

Surely NP likes a striker like Jamie Vardy - someone who can put the ball in the net - Vardy is definitely not in the ‘big’ category!

2 minutes ago, SBB said:

Maybe he’s not quite ready, physically, to play that role in the championship just yet? 

In the 15 minutes he had against Brentford he left two of their players on their arses, got booked, and scored a goal.

3 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

In the 15 minutes he had against Brentford he left two of their players on their arses, got booked, and scored a goal.

Very memorable cameo. We should be trying to tie him down to a long term deal.

Just now, Denbury Red said:

Surely NP likes a striker like Jamie Vardy - someone who can put the ball in the net - Vardy is definitely not in the ‘big’ category!

Do you really think he’s trying to use similar tactics to what he used a Leicester? Not much suggests he is. At LCFC he also had Ulloa, Kane (on loan), Chris Wood, Paul Gallagher, Nugent. His top scorers over the three season at Leicester were Ulloa and Nugent (x2)

6 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

He certainly got himself noticed...

When his fitness is of the required standard there really should be the opportunity of more cameo's ..

6 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Indeed he did. I’m thinking more about him doing it consistently and being “robust enough” fitness wise. He may be able to do it with his eyes closed, I was just thinking of reasons why he might not be included at the moment. 
personally, I’d like to see him get a loan and “play 40 leagues games on the spin”.

1 minute ago, SBB said:

Indeed he did. I’m thinking more about him doing it consistently and being “robust enough” fitness wise. He may be able to do it with his eyes closed, I was just thinking of reasons why he might not be included at the moment. 
personally, I’d like to see him get a loan and “play 40 leagues games on the spin”.

Don’t think we’ve got the time for a development loan. He’s out of contract at the end of this season with many championship clubs, and a couple of Orem clubs rumoured to be looking at him. He’s almost certainly got a contract at a good level if he were to leave.

12 minutes ago, James54De said:

Don’t think we’ve got the time for a development loan. He’s out of contract at the end of this season with many championship clubs, and a couple of Orem clubs rumoured to be looking at him. He’s almost certainly got a contract at a good level if he were to leave.

He seems to be 6th choice striker here so hard to see much game time without a loan 

39 minutes ago, James54De said:

It does seem strange and slightly worrying he hasn’t signed a new contract.

Was told by someone with links to the u23s that in his words Louis is a funny one. Said that tactically & technically he’s considered to be behind due to late entry into the Academy & whilst not blessed with pace he always scores. I’ll take the last characteristic above the others as goals are what his job is.  Found it strange his contract wasn’t extended with the others as surely we need him on a deal.  

Get him on a longer deal as fear his leaving could bite us on the ass.

3 minutes ago, Engvall’s Splinter said:

Out of interest - what have you seen out of Conway and Bell that sets them somewhat apart from Britton?

Bell is a lot more versatile and can play across the front 3. Conway is a lot more dynamic and athletic than Britton. Britton is not mobile enough for me.  Can’t see him ever being at championship level or even league one but hey, hope I am wrong!

1 minute ago, CTRed said:

Got to say he’s nowhere near the first team on tonight’s showing. Yes, he scored but didn’t really impact the game in any other way. As a young player here you probably need to do a lot more to get in to the reckoning

There’s definitely a correlation between the fans that think he should be in the first team squad and the fans who haven’t actually seen him play for more than 10 mins. 

Just now, And Its Smith said:

Bell is a lot more versatile and can play across the front 3. Conway is a lot more dynamic and athletic than Britton. Britton is not mobile enough for me.  Can’t see him ever being at championship level or even league one but hey, hope I am wrong!

Thought Bell showed up well on Saturday - certainly staked a claim for further involvement. Not seen much of Conway myself. Disappointing Britton has effectively missed pre season as it would’ve been good to see if he could push on. 

3 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

There’s definitely a correlation between the fans that think he should be in the first team squad and the fans who haven’t actually seen him play for more than 10 mins. 

Possibly. Saw him got about 60 tonight but will bow to greater knowledge

11 minutes ago, Shuffle said:

Was told by someone with links to the u23s that in his words Louis is a funny one. Said that tactically & technically he’s considered to be behind due to late entry into the Academy & whilst not blessed with pace he always scores. I’ll take the last characteristic above the others as goals are what his job is.  Found it strange his contract wasn’t extended with the others as surely we need him on a deal.  

Get him on a longer deal as fear his leaving could bite us on the ass.

Was going to say something along these lines.

Britton has clearer potential but I had also seen somewhere that he was considered to be a bit behind Bell and Conway tactically. But, if the interest of bigger clubs is genuine, it puts us in a tricky position. We don’t want to play someone who is not ready but we don’t want to lose a future talent. I have no idea of the solution but he looked great on his one performance.

Archived