IGNORED

Managers Present and Past - Statto

Hampshire Red

Tonight i was watching non-league; the first game i've watched live for 17 months and it was weird in several ways; 300 people, no masks, nor precautions and put simply, was like this Covid bug had never happened, buying a pint and a pie in a small clubhouse.

Then you start talking to strangers about who you support and i had Bomo, Watford, Luton, Saints and a Reading 'old boy' - all knew their football so the subject of managers was raised. Everyone surprised we were tipped to struggle when NP was thought to be a good manager. None of them knew where Holden was and all thought Lee Johnson did a very good job with us and nearly got Sunderland up too. THIS IS NOT A JOHNSON POST;

Then we talked League 1 and the managers there. Obviosuly 24 but incredibly 18 of them (75%) have had success at some levels gaining promotion. Sunderland's current manager is one of the 25%!

The 18 League 1 managers with 'promotion' on their CV have a combined total of 44 promotions; Nigel Adkins has 4, including two at Saints

Who do you think are the best managers in League 1 and the 3 most likely teams to go up? Pompey, Sheff Wed, Sunderland, Ipswich (with Paul Cook, who i wanted to replace Johnson), Charlton, Wigan, Bolton?

52 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Here’s my 1-24 done a week ago.

A2995CB2-A4CD-4D6E-B4B7-2BB0D4B1B6C0.thumb.jpeg.bcb93c8783334b2d4507526e289e81a2.jpeg

Shrewsbury at 7th sticks out as one I would certainly disagree with.  Also hoping Sunderland is wrong and they win the league!

I’ve got Shrewsbury around 14th. Small squad but if they manage to add a bit in the next few weeks then maybe top half. 

To answer OPs question on the managers, I think it lends itself to league one being one of the most exciting and competitive leagues this season.  Really looking forward to it. Certainly Cook at Ipswich is one of the stand outs and I’m intrigued to see how they do. 

Sheff Wed manager is unproven and I’m not a massive fan of their signings. Rotherham are my safe bet and we know that their boss is a solid one 

12 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Genuine question... What have I missed at MK Don's that makes you think they will finish 2nd..?

Seemed fairly average/poor last season. 

Watters, Eisa, Parrott and Twine…..albeit my predictions were done before Russell Martin left.  They lacked goals at times, that’s been addressed.

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Watters, Eisa, Parrott and Twine…..albeit my predictions were done before Russell Martin left.  They lacked goals at times, that’s been addressed.

Thanks. 

I didn't know they'd signed Eisa. 

What happened with him at Peterborough..? I thought he was on fire there and making us look silly for getting rid of him - or did he do something that made it obvious why we did, despite his goals (albeit at L1 level) 

16 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Thanks. 

What happened with him at Peterborough..? I thought he was on fire there and making us look silly for getting rid of him - or did he do something that made it obvious why we did, despite his goals (albeit at L1 level) 

Just looked up Eisa's stats and looks like he didn't make anywhere near as much impact last season as he did when he first went to Peterborough. 

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Thanks. 

⬇️⬇️⬇️

2 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

Just looked up Eisa's stats and looks like he didn't make anywhere near as much impact last season as he did when he first went to Peterborough. 

What happened?  JCH, Sammie Szmodics and “Sir Ricky” Dembele ???

Archived