IGNORED

cost of the turn up on the day train fare to Middlesbrough is

Costs are all relative. Flight to Majorca can be great or lead to days of delays, Pandemic testing costs of £400

Teeside you can catch Covid with all the youth who havent been vaccinated

Always reasons to go and not to go! 

Real trouble is the last 18 months supporters of any team have been used to paying £10 to watch their teams - sometimes divided by 2 or more people so the cost expectation has gone right down; as will away crowds for all clubs this season once the tedium has set in and the realisation for most clubs that only one in 20 or 24 clubs actually wins the title

• Admin
4 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I've pretty much given up on the train North. Last few times I've looked could find nothing under about £120. Makes it a dear day out.

Exactly this, unless it is a Group saver ticket on GWR away games on the train a long distant memory for me now

4 hours ago, weepywall said:

Can fly to Majorca and back for that.

Two of us going for less than that in a few weeks (hopefully)

58 minutes ago, harrys said:

Going to Leeds at the end of the month for the cricket, £129 on the train

I have seen that if you go via Newport you can save a lot. Not tried it myself , but pre COVID it did look right.

44 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

I have seen that if you go via Newport you can save a lot. Not tried it myself , but pre COVID it did look right.

I book via split ticket which normally brings the prices down quite a bit but i’m very limited as to what time trains I can catch if I want a full days play

10 minutes ago, Mike Stone said:

Two of us going from Tetbury, estimated fuel cost for the return trip is £70 on the AA website.

Plus the £30 ticket price as well it's going to be an expensive day.

Few years ago was going to go and watch Manor Farm away in a cup game.

As my train got into Bristol I got a text saying the game had been postponed because of the rain in Portsmouth (this was about 9am and was going down on the club coach to save money).

So needed something as a change of plans.

City were away at WBA in the FA Cup,so got a ticket from someone on here who had a spare, ticket from Temple Meads was £90+ and the ticket I think was £25 or £30.

What was going to be less than £20 for travel and entry to the game ended up being about £130.

1 hour ago, Mike Stone said:

Two of us going from Tetbury, estimated fuel cost for the return trip is £70 on the AA website.

Plus the £30 ticket price as well it's going to be an expensive day.

thanks - I wondered what sort of fuel cost 

We’ve decided to stay overnight . Kids first proper away day but didn’t fancy doing the journey back and forth In a day . 

Archived