IGNORED

Bristol Visit

iamalagerdrinker

Hello all,

Me and my Girlfriend are visiting Bristol for a long weekend as a overdue 30th birthday present for myself. She booked it back in May and it's fallen on a international weekend which is a pain!

We're looking for things to do over the weekend. Bar recommendations, restaurants, anything you think would be fun?

Looking for a decent Indian restaurant and somewhere for cocktails especially but happy to hear any recommendations. 

Thanks

@iamalagerdrinker

The area around the Old Duke was always good, if the weather is nice. There was a nice curry house down there too, can’t remember what it was called. The area behind the mshed has some nice bars, had a good atmosphere too. Is it called Gaol Ferry Steps? 
I’d avoid pitcher & piano but then I’m old and have been there too many times ?

4 hours ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

Hello all,

Me and my Girlfriend are visiting Bristol for a long weekend as a overdue 30th birthday present for myself. She booked it back in May and it's fallen on a international weekend which is a pain!

We're looking for things to do over the weekend. Bar recommendations, restaurants, anything you think would be fun?

Looking for a decent Indian restaurant and somewhere for cocktails especially but happy to hear any recommendations. 

Thanks

Two excellent Indian restaurants fairly close to each other in Hotwells Rd. the Raj Bari and further along the Rassary. Both very good an both within easy walking distance of the docks where there’s always loads going on.

Apart from the two I’ve recommended there are plenty of other Indian restaurants all over Bristol. Other posters will have their own recommendations.

5 hours ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

Hello all,

Thanks

Yatton is the place to be seen

5 hours ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

Hello all,

Thanks

Seeing as you’re just a bit older than me. I’ll recommend what I’d find to be a lovely day/evening out in Bristol….

Start in Kings Street, lots of places good for a drink. A very good mix down there and if the weather is nice, you’re onto a winner. 

Then a bit later I’d make about a 15 minute walk to Urban Tandoor by corn street. Smashing curry house, definitely the best in the City centre imo.

Cocktail bars I’d recommend London Cocktail Club. Just on the triangle top of park street…

Have a good un??

Archived