IGNORED

Congrats Michelle Owen

readie14

• Admin
1 hour ago, Red Skin said:

I'm pleased for you, Michelle, but this kind of self-promotion that's endemic in today's society really winds me up.  

Person gets promotion and announces it, surely that is not that bad a thing

But agree there are parts of self promotion that are not needed

59 minutes ago, steveybadger said:

She’s telling people about her new job. Can’t really see the heinous crime here?

Must confess I read it that the response was tongue in cheek, and assumed the way it was worded that the OP was Michelle, and the ‘shameless promotion’ was plugging it here...

12 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Must confess I read it that the response was tongue in cheek, and assumed the way it was worded that the OP was Michelle, and the ‘shameless promotion’ was plugging it here...

8 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

It was, the joke has gone over several heads it would seem.

Ah fair enough - too subtle for me! Apols Red Skin if that’s the case.

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Person gets promotion and announces it, surely that is not that bad a thing

But agree there are parts of self promotion that are not needed

You're quite right, shameless plugs are a blight on our society and I feel very strongly about it.  You can read why in my new book, "Shameless Plugs and Why They're Bad", to be published on the 32nd August at all good book stores.

1 minute ago, Nongazeuse said:

I have no idea who this woman is or what she has to do with City. Can someone explain.

She has covered us quite a bit and did several stints on Robins TV I think.

3 hours ago, Nongazeuse said:

I have no idea who this woman is or what she has to do with City. Can someone explain.

Used to do Robins on the Wire podcast with Gregor McGregor, before Bristol Live ditched it & they went independent with Robins at the Gate. The podcast recently announced they won't be continuing this season; I believe now that Michelle's new position will take up a lot of her time!

11 hours ago, readie14 said:

So excited to be able to share this with you this morning ? @SkyFootball @EFL 

A journey that began with work experience at Sky in 2010 continues into what is a dream job for me... https://t.co/KgkiTBWRD5

If Readie14 is indeed Michelle, then many thanks for telling us.

I have genuinely appreciated your banter with Mr Hartlepool and the polite windups he gives that you handle with superb professionalism and humour.

You are a natural in front of the camera and behind the mic. 

It is also lovely to read in between the lines, just how important your family is to you. Never forget that, especially in years to come. 

Congratulations.

Archived