IGNORED

Latest Pearson interview

Jerseybean

Just heard another NP interview in which he said HNM is back training and available for selection and that Joe Williams has looked very good in training. Thereby implying both are in contention for Saturday, although he added that those who’ve been injured need to be reintroduced carefully/appropriately. 

1 minute ago, Supersonic Robin said:

An interesting point for me was Pearson's new approach to home matchdays.

The squad are now to meet at the RHPC for a pre-match meeting, before getting the Robins bus to the stadium together. NP mentioned the importance of "arriving as a team" and "getting the preparation right".

Bit Don Revie about it…

1 minute ago, Supersonic Robin said:

The squad are now to meet at the RHPC for a pre-match meeting, before getting the Robins bus to the stadium together. NP mentioned the importance of "arriving as a team" and "getting the preparation right".

So we don't get to see what the players are driving anymore?

9 minutes ago, Marco the red said:

My take was that neither Williams or Massengo will be starting Saturday.

Kalas not even mentioned when talking about captain, Bentley Bentley Martin mentioned I think it may be Martin, or he may through in a spanner with James.

Worth noting that Bentley and Martin were mentioned in the context of players who have been captain in pre-season, with NP noting he was happy with the jobs they both did when in the role.

W.r.t the captain this weekend, he didn't give anything away.

Quite rightly, NP mentioned that it's more about multiple players showing leadership, as oppose to have the one 'designated leader'

11 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Yeh I never liked seeing the players turn up randomly to the ground, always felt a bit to casual to me

12 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Similar to Bristol Bears who meet up at their training ground pre-match. However, they all drive their cars separately to the stadium and they've had a decent season!

1 minute ago, Marco the red said:

We used to do that when I played in the semi pro game - one lad in particular would arrive on time to the base then driving to the ground would always turn up just before kick off, this was due to eating his kebab or Chinese, depending on what took his fancy.

Used to jump in Bobby's transit and head to pitch 48 or so on the downs!

28 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

I imagine he wants to make a clean break from last season and emphasise that this season is a new start.

Last season ended so badly, Saturday is almost a 3 pointer in terms of moving on psychologically.  

2 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

I imagine he wants to make a clean break from last season and emphasise that this season is a new start.

Last season ended so badly, Saturday is almost a 3 pointer in terms of moving on psychologically.  

Interesting point actually - I've been considering whether there may be an important psychological aspect to Saturday's game.

Would an early goal for Blackpool cause the squad's confidence to suddenly fall through the floor, for example?

Given that we've been seen as "a bit soft" over the last few years, I imagine NP will be hoping to make us a bit more psychologically and emotionally resilient. Perhaps the team will respond to adversity better than we've come to expect!

51 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

The players will hate being bussed into Ashton gate ?...

The meeting & probable lunch will stop them Wandering into the ground at 2pm yawning & scratching their arses ...

Good.

56 minutes ago, Supersonic Robin said:

I drive past there on the way in, wonder if they’ll give me a lift. Happy to pay the £4.50 it would cost on the other park and rides.

32 minutes ago, brady bunch said:

Matty James for Captain...

Definite leader, just have a feeling it won’t be a new boy with the arm band, but an existing player.

Guess there could be a big plot twist, in that Kalas keeps it, but telling media would give away his team selection.

1 hour ago, Supersonic Robin said:

You see all the top Prem clubs like city and Liverpool etc doing it and also it looks more professional aswell rather than turning up separately, good idea.

35 minutes ago, Marco the red said:

Another video just released, NP really doesn't like Gregor and he.

I've just said the same on the Gregor thread. If looks could kill, I feel a bit for Gregor to be honest it must be quite intimidating walking on egg shells.

1 hour ago, Lew-T said:

Bit Don Revie about it…

I remember him as a deep lying number 9 for Man City sometime after the Hungarian Hideguti did the same against England.

In those days, number 5 defender marked number 9 opposition. It caused chaos when the furthest forward opponent wasn't wearing number 9!

The interview showed us how NP will deal with fouls (in his eyes) be it his players, coaching staff, fans or young hacks. I dont think we got good questions but did like his answers on ledership and the importnace of positive fans (wonder if he ever read this forum after a defeat?)

Matty James does come across as a positive and good guy and no-one should pick up footballers for using the 'minumum of 100% effort' as being his level of maths. Got more excited about our teams' chances this season listening to the Bacup Boy than to NP

2 hours ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Didn't Don stop the coach early and get the players to walk into the stadium with the fans usually a couple hundred yards away from the ground?

1 hour ago, Super said:

Still having nightmares...

First game on the downs as a 17 year old man twice my age told me he'd break my effin legs if I skinned him again, last game played in goal and opposition CF vomited his 5 pre match pints down my front. Happy days.

5 hours ago, Supersonic Robin said:

Could be a masterstroke if it helps turnaround our shocking form at home. Our last win at Ashton Gate was in January. 

Archived