IGNORED

Mansion Bet profanity

Agard Days Night

I have been made aware of a social media post by our sponsors, that contains an obscene amount of profanity. 

Even putting to one side the dubious morals of associating with a betting firm, should we as a family club be happy to be sponsored a company who is putting out messages such as ‘Fuc* off you Spanish c***’.

Disgusting. 

3 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

I have been made aware of a social media post by our sponsors, that contains an obscene amount of profanity. 

Even putting to one side the dubious morals of associating with a betting firm, should we as a family club be happy to be sponsored a company who is putting out messages such as ‘Fuc* off you Spanish c***’.

Disgusting. 

Link?

3 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

Disgusting. 

Can’t see anything ? 

3 minutes ago, 2015 said:

The football forum has well and truly been taken over in the past few weeks by very sensitive individuals

@Agard Days Night is usually on the wind up, but this is actually fairly interesting. Lots of bookies use jokey content like this on Twitter - but this is definitely an anomaly. I can't think of any other time I've seen one that used language like that in a tweet. I'm surprised this got approved in their social media/marketing dept.  

Talking about it doesn't mean people are being "sensitive" btw. 

1 minute ago, Phileas Fogg said:

@Agard Days Night is usually on the wind up, but this is actually fairly interesting. Lots of bookies use jokey content like this on Twitter - but this is definitely an anomaly. I can't think of any other time I've seen one that used language like that in a tweet. I'm surprised this got approved in their social media/marketing dept.  

Talking about it doesn't mean people are being "sensitive" btw. 

Watched the video, they should delete it imo, but silly for people to get overly offended by it.

Just now, Davefevs said:

Would imagine they’ve been inundated with requests to remove / apologise.

None in the replies - https://twitter.com/MansionBet/status/1423554434488016899

For a bit of context, (you may already know) but the clip they're using is of Bootlegger the Wrexham fan/internet personality. I am surprised they've used that particular one though.

10 minutes ago, Agard Days Night said:

That’s the one. Thoughts?

Jokes aside, that’s not great is it? Especially considering betting companies sponsoring clubs is a touchy subject as is. They’ve not done us or themselves any favours there. 

Ultimately this is a betting firm (i.e. 18+) aiming at an adult audience on a social media platform where the minimum age is the same.

While I agree the tweet is poor taste, and they likely could have used a differing bootlegger clip, can't say I really see the issue.

Not exactly as if Lego has gone and posted it.

Archived