IGNORED

The Office (UK): Ipswich Town edition

LondonBristolian

8 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Article in the Guardian today. Highlight is these three paragraphs:

“Ashton scrolls through his phone and locates a picture of a placard bearing the words “Run towards adversity”, surrounded by signatures. He asked Ipswich’s players, a largely new team after a summer of sweeping change, to “sign it in blood” after a meeting last week. The phrase relates to the challenges faced by the firefighters and rescue workers whose contributions will directly fund the club’s ambition.

“They have to run into burning fires, towards bullets, towards danger,” he says. “The only thing the pension fund have asked me is that, if you join this club, every time you go to work you run towards adversity and tackle the challenge head on. The players represent the fans and the community, but they represent those people as well.

“After it was presented to them, one of the squad went up to my director of performance, Andy Rolls, and said: ‘I owe you an apology, my running stats were down yesterday and I didn’t put in the effort I should have. It won’t happen again.’”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/aug/06/we-need-a-beating-heart-ipswich-town-takeover-set-to-be-game-changer?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Just the way he engendered a culture of "running towards adversity" here then? As opposed to a culture of laughing all the way to the bank.

Note the reference to my director of performance. So he's already decided it's his club.

• Like 7

16 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

“Ashton scrolls through his phone and locates a picture of a placard bearing the words “Run towards adversity”, surrounded by signatures. He asked Ipswich’s players, a largely new team after a summer of sweeping change, to “sign it in blood” after a meeting last week. The phrase relates to the challenges faced by the firefighters and rescue workers whose contributions will directly fund the club’s ambition.

“They have to run into burning fires, towards bullets, towards danger,” he says. “The only thing the pension fund have asked me is that, if you join this club, every time you go to work you run towards adversity and tackle the challenge head on. The players represent the fans and the community, but they represent those people as well.

“After it was presented to them, one of the squad went up to my director of performance, Andy Rolls, and said: ‘I owe you an apology, my running stats were down yesterday and I didn’t put in the effort I should have. It won’t happen again.’”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/aug/06/we-need-a-beating-heart-ipswich-town-takeover-set-to-be-game-changer?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Amazing.

1 minute ago, Northern Red said:

Whatever happens at City this season, however bad it might get, we should be eternally grateful that that charlatan and his mates aren't here anymore.

I was sat in the Dolman last Saturday looking towards the Director's box and just thought how relieved I was that MA wasn't there anymore. 

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

“Had to let him go in the end… he was rubbish.” 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

30 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Just the way he engendered a culture of "running towards adversity" here then? As opposed to a culture of laughing all the way to the bank.

Note the reference to my director of performance. So he's already decided it's his club.

To be fair, if Andy Rolls was directing Ashton’s performance, it explains a Hell of a lot. At least we now know why we were hamstrung by poor leadership…

• Haha 5

23 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Whatever happens at City this season, however bad it might get, we should be eternally grateful that that charlatan and his mates aren't here anymore.

Unfortunately for me I live in the Ipswich TV catchment area. His smarmy self has just popped up on the local news, proper spoilt my tea it did. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I think "running toward success" would be the preferred direction of travel. All your base belong me.

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

Give it a few weeks & he wont be able to run! COYR

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

Are you trying to spoil my evening?!! As if reminders of Ashton and Rolls weren’t enough, up pops Russell Osman ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Fordy62 said:

“After it was presented to them, one of the squad went up to my director of performance, Andy Rolls, and said: ‘I owe you an apology, my running stats were down yesterday and I didn’t put in the effort I should have. It won’t happen again.’

That sounds really creepy :shocking: …and probably BS :blink:

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Shock Horror..............Ipswich turns into   South Central LA? ............ Firemen facing Bullets as they rescue cats from trees?    Mark  Ashton is the New Tony Soprano?......?   Poor Ipswich fans?

South Central LA you say?

Straight Outta Ashton.

• Like 1