IGNORED

The Office (UK): Ipswich Town edition

LondonBristolian

7 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

That sounds really creepy :shocking: …and probably BS :blink:

Complete and utter bullshit indeed.  The cock man is a narcissist and so full of bull it’s unbelievable. Thank god he has gone as for a while I thought he was here forever such was the love in with the Owners. 

Edited by lenred
  • Like 1

If we still had him and LJ I would definitely have him gone over LJ every day of the week. LJ knew what he was talking about and loved telling everyone, Mark Ashton has no idea what he's talking about but loves telling everyone what he thinks. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Pezo said:

If we still had him and LJ I would definitely have him gone over LJ every day of the week. LJ knew what he was talking about and loved telling everyone, Mark Ashton has no idea what he's talking about but loves telling everyone what he thinks. 

The thought of either of them still being here makes me shudder. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

He just can`t help himself can he?

That's just it, he does. He could see the writing on the wall here so shed a new skin and started feathering a new nest. I am surprised the manager is still there, he doesn't seem the sort to suffer a bluffer.

6 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Article in the Guardian today. Highlight is these three paragraphs:

“Ashton scrolls through his phone and locates a picture of a placard bearing the words “Run towards adversity”, surrounded by signatures. He asked Ipswich’s players, a largely new team after a summer of sweeping change, to “sign it in blood” after a meeting last week. The phrase relates to the challenges faced by the firefighters and rescue workers whose contributions will directly fund the club’s ambition.

“They have to run into burning fires, towards bullets, towards danger,” he says. “The only thing the pension fund have asked me is that, if you join this club, every time you go to work you run towards adversity and tackle the challenge head on. The players represent the fans and the community, but they represent those people as well.

“After it was presented to them, one of the squad went up to my director of performance, Andy Rolls, and said: ‘I owe you an apology, my running stats were down yesterday and I didn’t put in the effort I should have. It won’t happen again.’”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/aug/06/we-need-a-beating-heart-ipswich-town-takeover-set-to-be-game-changer?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

Eeeough, Gag with a spoon !

FWIW, I've commented on that Guardian site, about how we loved and missed him (or not)

41 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

I’m not sure what the past tense is but we’re definitely guilty of having been gaslit/gaslighted fckued over by this absolute charlatan. Lansdown must be, privately, pretty bloody miffed at what happened.  

Lansdown is completely culpable in my eyes. He has a mistrust of ‘football people’ IMO but yet saw fit to give the keys to the club to this utter cynt. Give me strength. The guy had far too much influence and on what basis or track record of previous success was this afforded to him? Ridiculous.

• Like 5
  • Flames 5

If they are top 2 by december, he wlll think hes jose mourinho.

If not, everybody will be blamed bar him.

I heard he visited, a sports psychologist, he said the fans have treated me like a dog for so long, i think im a dog, im going mad.

Sit on the couch please sir.

I cant said mark, im not allowed on the furniture.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

“Ashton scrolls through his phone and locates a picture of a placard bearing the words “Run towards adversity”, surrounded by signatures. He asked Ipswich’s players, a largely new team after a summer of sweeping change, to “sign it in blood” after a meeting last week. The phrase relates to the challenges faced by the firefighters and rescue workers whose contributions will directly fund the club’s ambition.

“They have to run into burning fires, towards bullets, towards danger,” he says. “The only thing the pension fund have asked me is that, if you join this club, every time you go to work you run towards adversity and tackle the challenge head on. The players represent the fans and the community, but they represent those people as well.

“After it was presented to them, one of the squad went up to my director of performance, Andy Rolls, and said: ‘I owe you an apology, my running stats were down yesterday and I didn’t put in the effort I should have. It won’t happen again.’”

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2021/aug/06/we-need-a-beating-heart-ipswich-town-takeover-set-to-be-game-changer?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other

God, I’ve just read it…..it’s awful isn’t it.  I thought Johnson was David Brent, but Ashton is worse.  They must’ve spent so much time sucking each other off.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, bearded_red said:

He doesn’t live by ‘the rules’, and if there’s someone who’s influenced him in that way of thinking, someone who is a ‘maverick’, someone who does ‘that’ to the system, then it’s Ian Botham.

th?id=OIP._fUpJeLwTIspPBzyrwpIywHaE8&w=239&h=176&c=8&rs=1&qlt=90&o=6&pid=3.1&rm=2great bloke and I was lucky to have a beer with him. He did a presentation on a cruise ship out of Sydney in the early 90s. He is one of the most credited cricket players in the world and not a bad football player in his younger years

12 minutes ago, RedZepperin said:

While we are on the subject of psychology, I just came across this: 

Narcissistic personality disorder involves a pattern of self-centered, arrogant thinking and behavior, a lack of empathy and consideration for other people, and an excessive need for admiration.

Yep, said to be common in people in positions of power.

On only a slight tangent, Jon Ronson's book The Psychopath Test is an interesting read.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, LondonBristolian said:

Now I understand his cunning game plan for us . He created adversity so that we could run towards it.