IGNORED

The Office (UK): Ipswich Town edition

LondonBristolian

16 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

Is Paul Cook still manager?

For the time being ?

Why does Ashton think it is OK/appropriate for him to address the team in this way?

in the real world, you build a culture by including middle management in the process not ‘corporate seagull’ and go over their heads. 

The writer clearly thinks this is MA being a ‘Leader’, it is not. It is a symptom of an ego running amok. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

As I have said before in this thread it is more than a little disappointing that our owner and our chairman did not spot all of his character traits much earlier.

It would appear that he is now utterly out of control and this is possibly due to his close relationship with ITFC’s new owners.

If I am Paul Cook I am applying for every vacancy that comes up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ScottishRed said:

As I have said before in this thread it is more than a little disappointing that our owner and our chairman did not spot all of his character traits much earlier.

It would appear that he is now utterly out of control and this is possibly due to his close relationship with ITFC’s new owners.

If I am Paul Cook I am applying for every vacancy that comes up.

Perhaps Paul Cook has the experience and strength of personality to be able to handle Ashton. I imagine Johnson and Holden were fairly easy for Ashton to handle.

They've built up a good squad and under Cook (who I'd have quite liked here prior to Holden) I can see them challenging.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Perhaps Paul Cook has the experience and strength of personality to be able to handle Ashton. I imagine Johnson and Holden were fairly easy for Ashton to handle.

They've built up a good squad and under Cook (who I'd have quite liked here prior to Holden) I can see them challenging.

I imagine Cook does. The question is, if there is conflict between them at some point which one will survive?

My money's on Ashton, who has proved adept at avoiding accountability. A classic case of failing upwards.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yes, all valid points.

I would think that the problem Cook MAY have is players foisted on him, but probably has the strength to face that up with that nice Mr Ashton.

On a separate point I hear that he will be leading the team out at very home game to ‘Simply the best’ by Tina Turner playing over the PA system.

1 hour ago, Red Skin said:

Is going to Andy Rolls the definition of 'running towards adversity'?

Love this thread btw. ?

Limping towards adversity?

15 minutes ago, chinapig said:

I imagine Cook does. The question is, if there is conflict between them at some point which one will survive?

My money's on Ashton, who has proved adept at avoiding accountability. A classic case of failing upwards.

Ashton is O’Leary’s man.  If it goes pear-shaped, Cook will be the scapegoat.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, ScottishRed said:

Yes, all valid points.

I would think that the problem Cook MAY have is players foisted on him, but probably has the strength to face that up with that nice Mr Ashton.

On a separate point I hear that he will be leading the team out at very home game to ‘Simply the best’ by Tina Turner playing over the PA system.

With his baseball cap on back to front. And Ashton 1 on his back.

Edited by Richard Head
  • Haha 1

Apparently Ashton addressed the squad after today’s game and said “ football is a series of peaks and troughs and you don’t know if you are in a trough until you’re climbing out or on a peak until you are climbing down and that’s it, you never know what’s around the corner, if you want the rainbow you’ve got to put up with the rain. Do you know which ‘philosopher, said that he twerped? Dolly Parton, and people say she’s just a big pair of tits.

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

How do people keep falling for this second car saleman's bullshit?  His ego is beginning to run riot yet again, and Ipswich will regret ever appointing him, it won't  be long before they recognise him as the turd in the punchbowl he truly is?    i feel sorry for them, but am just so relieved that we managed to get rid of him and his talentless cronies.   

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

23 minutes ago, maxjak said:

How do people keep falling for this second car saleman's bullshit?  His ego is beginning to run riot yet again, and Ipswich will regret ever appointing him, it won't  be long before they recognise him as the turd in the punchbowl he truly is?    i feel sorry for them, but am just so relieved that we managed to get rid of him and his talentless cronies.   

It won’t be him that gets the boot though….his mate Mike O’Leary is the Chairman and the link into Gamechanger, the owners.

BE505919-FFB3-40DE-B6A6-4E128B284B54.thumb.jpeg.7a6dc5402b65ce41177759dd5b97f84a.jpeg

Is he so insecure he needs his name 3 times in the who’s who….Werhun twice….Rolls and Costin in there too.

16 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It won’t be him that gets the boot though….his mate Mike O’Leary is the Chairman and the link into Gamechanger, the owners.

BE505919-FFB3-40DE-B6A6-4E128B284B54.thumb.jpeg.7a6dc5402b65ce41177759dd5b97f84a.jpeg

Is he so insecure he needs his name 3 times in the who’s who….Werhun twice….Rolls and Costin in there too.

First team fitness coach Jon Ashton - any relation ?

1 hour ago, maxjak said:

64545224.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Today on BBC Transfer News

Paperwork, not points at Portman Road

Ipswich Town have signed winger Bersant Celina on a season-long loan from French side Dijon, pending international clearance.

Kosovo international Celina, 24, had a season-long loan spell at Ipswich in the 2017-18 campaign and becomes their 18TH signing of the summer transfer window.

Ipswich are 21st in League One, with no wins so far this season.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, KernowRed said:

Today on BBC Transfer News

Paperwork, not points at Portman Road

Ipswich Town have signed winger Bersant Celina on a season-long loan from French side Dijon, pending international clearance.

Kosovo international Celina, 24, had a season-long loan spell at Ipswich in the 2017-18 campaign and becomes their 18TH signing of the summer transfer window.

Ipswich are 21st in League One, with no wins so far this season.

I don't know a huge amount about him but Ipswich fans are very pleased. Apparently he was excellent for them before.

18 signings is an enormous amount though, surely any club would struggle to bed in that many new players regardless how strong. 

41 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I don't know a huge amount about him but Ipswich fans are very pleased. Apparently he was excellent for them before.

18 signings is an enormous amount though, surely any club would struggle to bed in that many new players regardless how strong. 

It starts to suggest that the strategy of just signing loads of players in the hope that they fit together and/or one or two saleable assets emerge may have been more down to Ashton’s influence than Johnson’s?

• Like 2

18 players over 25.

Cook used the size of Ipswich's bloated squad and number of loanees as an excuse for their poor performance after he came in last season. At the start of this summer he said he wanted and was looking forward to working with a smaller, more tight knit squad as that's far more conducive to getting performances and results.

Since then they've filled and exceeded reasonable squad numbers again and used their full allocation of loan spots. Either Cook's arse has fallen out, he's that drunk that he doesn'tremember what he's said or Ashton has morecontrol of their transfer activity than Cook does.

• Like 2