IGNORED

The Office (UK): Ipswich Town edition

LondonBristolian

12 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

On Twitter Ipswich fans uniformly think he is some sort of genius.

Their wage bill must be frightening if they don’t go up, them & Sheffield Wednesday are gambling wildly on promotion.

Problem exacerbated by it probably being the most competitive Lg1 in years, stronger than 14/15, and that had some good teams in it.

Big gamble they will gel….there are “teams” in Lg1 who will make it very tough for Ipswich….most of them will be raise their game against the so-called superstars.

2 hours ago, richyy66 said:

New chief executive Mark Ashton has delivered a signing, on average, once every five days since taking charge at the start of June. 

Just think of all that cash he is spunking....He just loves spending other peoples money. Bloke is a nutcase..

its not about that though is it.hes got to be taking backhanders or bonuses for signings,ive never known anyone else  orchestrate so many

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

its not about that though is it.hes got to be taking backhanders or bonuses for signings,ive never known anyone else  orchestrate so many

His wife (ex-wife) has a company doing travel, house hunting etc for pro footballers….creaming money out of football.  I’d love to see the detailed accounts of a couple of his other businesses.  Id love to see the money trail of some of our deals over the years too!

2 minutes ago, redsquirrel said:

doesnt say much for paul cook either if he needs all those new players

Very disappointed.  Really wanted him here.  Heard some shit from a Portsmouth fan last week re his time there, and don’t mind saying I was wrong about him….dodged one I think.  What does it say for him that Ashton turned him down last summer.

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

His wife (ex-wife) has a company doing travel, house hunting etc for pro footballers….creaming money out of football.  I’d love to see the detailed accounts of a couple of his other businesses.  Id love to see the money trail of some of our deals over the years too!

Very disappointed.  Really wanted him here.  Heard some shit from a Portsmouth fan last week re his time there, and don’t mind saying I was wrong about him….dodged one I think.  What does it say for him that Ashton turned him down last summer.

if they do get promoted, would it automatically mean a big pay rise for those players?

Irrespective of how big a cock he is, there is no recruitment plan that can be deemed good that involves 19/20 first team signings.  It’s not like they didn’t have a group of players.

Lets see how many are here this time next year.

I see this as awful recruitment.

Hope it goes horribly wrong.

• Like 12
  • Flames 1

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Irrespective of how big a cock he is, there is no recruitment plan that can be deemed good that involves 19/20 first team signings.  It’s not like they didn’t have a group of players.

Lets see how many are here this time next year.

I see this as awful recruitment.

Hope it goes horribly wrong.

Absolutely! How could the existing group have been THAT poor that an additional 19/20 signings were necessary?