IGNORED

The Office (UK): Ipswich Town edition

LondonBristolian

I mean realistically they should go up and at minimum be top 6. Anything other than that and there’s something gone seriously wrong.

Pressure is on. Ashton being hailed as a hero but that could soon be challenged if their superstars don’t gel. 

FYI I think they will be the team to get it together after Christmas and either win the league or come second, after a poor start. I want him to fail but think with Ipswich’s set up, they have to get some success in a fairly competitive league.

That's it, seems 19 is our limit although why not round it off to a nice 20 ?    Just fell one short of a perfect number.

I know Mark Ashton is largely rebuked or the devil incarnate over there but really, has played a pivotal part in getting these additions in.   Some of our fans while not euphoric are really enthralled by the business done and Ashton is receiving praise from rooftops.    

I think it's the manager that's holding us back.   We could bring in 1, 10, 100 new players if it were possible but when you've got someone who picks the squad, deploys formations and training routines etc who seems at times just about incompetent and more Conference League than the Third Division it does make you worry.

It's all about the 'give it time' philosophy.    You know, something you could have said 15 years ago when the real fall started except near to nothing was or has been done in the time inbetween.

The time ahead is critical.     No wins or beaten by a number of arse-hat teams from Morecambe to Newport and not far off the League One relegation spots.   We won't go down, I'm sure of it, it can't happen - won't happen - but it's a tall order to bring in 20 new additions and make a complete new team in such a short space of time.

Think it just puts more pressure on us than ever before.  Pundits and commentators will be perplexed if we don't make the play-offs at very least.     Think we've done too much changes in too short a time.    Not only the players, but Cook and the Yank ownership takeover with it.  There is a big risk this could implode but have to believe this will work out for the better.  

6 hours ago, ohhhshauntaylor said:

Tbf- they will need all 19 for when the “back on the grass next week” injuries kick in. 

Hysterical how they’ve all fallen for his “open and honest” communication. 

if they’re 15th in November, let’s see how “open and honest” he is!  

Injuries already have kicked in for them .. Paul cooks hoping over international break they get injured players back( whether that's long term injury or recent this season) and the squad trains hard ? 

9 hours ago, Davefevs said:

His wife (ex-wife) has a company doing travel, house hunting etc for pro footballers….creaming money out of football.  I’d love to see the detailed accounts of a couple of his other businesses.  Id love to see the money trail of some of our deals over the years too!

Would imagine, if he was that smart, he would have a side business setup in Hamstring rehab?

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

That's it, seems 19 is our limit although why not round it off to a nice 20 ?    Just fell one short of a perfect number.

I know Mark Ashton is largely rebuked or the devil incarnate over there but really, has played a pivotal part in getting these additions in.   Some of our fans while not euphoric are really enthralled by the business done and Ashton is receiving praise from rooftops.    

I think it's the manager that's holding us back.   We could bring in 1, 10, 100 new players if it were possible but when you've got someone who picks the squad, deploys formations and training routines etc who seems at times just about incompetent and more Conference League than the Third Division it does make you worry.

It's all about the 'give it time' philosophy.    You know, something you could have said 15 years ago when the real fall started except near to nothing was or has been done in the time inbetween.

The time ahead is critical.     No wins or beaten by a number of arse-hat teams from Morecambe to Newport and not far off the League One relegation spots.   We won't go down, I'm sure of it, it can't happen - won't happen - but it's a tall order to bring in 20 new additions and make a complete new team in such a short space of time.

Think it just puts more pressure on us than ever before.  Pundits and commentators will be perplexed if we don't make the play-offs at very least.     Think we've done too much changes in too short a time.    Not only the players, but Cook and the Yank ownership takeover with it.  There is a big risk this could implode but have to believe this will work out for the better.  

Of course your fans are enthralled. Signing players is exciting and gives you hope. You’ve signed 19 so are going to be buzzing. No ones ever doubted Ashtons ability to get deals done - he signed many players here too and got our Fam base excited for the season ahead.

That doesn’t mean this is a god thing though. Signing 10 players is too many in a window but 19?! Regardless of their quality, how is Cook meant to gel a team there and keep everyone happy. It’s bizarre.

At BCFC, we’re now taking a different approach with Pearson being keen on a smaller, tighter, more competitive squad and we’re starting to see some positives with that now.

16 minutes ago, B-Rizzle said:

Of course your fans are enthralled. Signing players is exciting and gives you hope. You’ve signed 19 so are going to be buzzing. No ones ever doubted Ashtons ability to get deals done - he signed many players here too and got our Fam base excited for the season ahead.

That doesn’t mean this is a god thing though. Signing 10 players is too many in a window but 19?! Regardless of their quality, how is Cook meant to gel a team there and keep everyone happy. It’s bizarre.

At BCFC, we’re now taking a different approach with Pearson being keen on a smaller, tighter, more competitive squad and we’re starting to see some positives with that now.

I see what you did there!  ?

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

I think it's the manager that's holding us back.   We could bring in 1, 10, 100 new players if it were possible but when you've got someone who picks the squad, deploys formations and training routines etc who seems at times just about incompetent and more Conference League than the Third Division it does make you worry..  

….and this ⬆️⬆️⬆️ For me is where you have your thinking all wrong, the horse and cart the wrong way round.

If Cook is the problem, get rid of him, don’t lavish him with players.

Or get players that Cook wants.  As CEO you should be providing the checks that each signing meets the managers requirements?

To me this is CEO failure and manager failure.

Never in a million years can 19/20 players be a good window.  Recruitment is not about volume….it’s about quality over quantity.  It’s about a plan.2049BD68-F4B3-4A96-9562-60125F28EAC7.thumb.jpeg.d96904692cd3c847ffedfeccf0bbd992.jpeg

Source: ITFC Analytics - I’ve added red shading to the new players.

I still can’t get my head around that. Why would you sign Barry, Edwards then go and get Celina?

This had the hallmarks of us signing Szmodics because we couldn’t get Palmer, then Palmer becomes available, so you get him as well.

Do you honestly believe several of those players signed earlier this summer as first team regulars, and thought Ashton would be signing another in their position later in the window?  Most of your signings will have signed expecting to play each week.  Did Fraser sign expecting Chaplin to steal his minutes?  What was the plan for Evans, Carroll and Harper if Morsy was genuinely the plan?

The players themselves are in the main good players at this level, some very good, but it is gonna stink when you get a busted dressing room / training ground.

Did you need to loan Dobra out?

I guess time will tell, but I’d be horrified if we made that many signings.  A cynic might suggest you let players go so the CEO could have his ego massaged by the thrill of lots of signings.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

The parallel is here for you. City spent multimillions and ended up dumping a dozen players a couple of months ago after having been easily and statistically the worst team in the division for months. 

The bloke while not fully responsible (LJ and to a much lesser extent Holden carry their share of the blame as does SL AND JL) he was the CEO and as such he was in charge. 

Almost the same things are now happening at Ipswich as they did here. I am not at all confident for the future of your club with this man anywhere near the board room. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

Oh you are in for a surprise.....

14 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

Quantity over quality.

A rooftop is a high place from which to fall.

When Ashton is inevitably found out, will he jump or will the owners give him a good shove?

6 hours ago, Davefevs said:

….and this ⬆️⬆️⬆️ For me is where you have your thinking all wrong, the horse and cart the wrong way round.

If Cook is the problem, get rid of him, don’t lavish him with players.

Or get players that Cook wants.  As CEO you should be providing the checks that each signing meets the managers requirements?

To me this is CEO failure and manager failure.

Never in a million years can 19/20 players be a good window.  Recruitment is not about volume….it’s about quality over quantity.  It’s about a plan.2049BD68-F4B3-4A96-9562-60125F28EAC7.thumb.jpeg.d96904692cd3c847ffedfeccf0bbd992.jpeg

Source: ITFC Analytics - I’ve added red shading to the new players.

I still can’t get my head around that. Why would you sign Barry, Edwards then go and get Celina?

This had the hallmarks of us signing Szmodics because we couldn’t get Palmer, then Palmer becomes available, so you get him as well.

Do you honestly believe several of those players signed earlier this summer as first team regulars, and thought Ashton would be signing another in their position later in the window?  Most of your signings will have signed expecting to play each week.  Did Fraser sign expecting Chaplin to steal his minutes?  What was the plan for Evans, Carroll and Harper if Morsy was genuinely the plan?

The players themselves are in the main good players at this level, some very good, but it is gonna stink when you get a busted dressing room / training ground.

Did you need to loan Dobra out?

I guess time will tell, but I’d be horrified if we made that many signings.  A cynic might suggest you let players go so the CEO could have his ego massaged by the thrill of lots of signings.

What interests me is that 13 of those 27 are out of contract next year, as well.

You could easily end up with 30 signings over a 2 year period. Crazy.

• Like 1

I saw a thread on their Fans Forum yesterday (not many posts) but they can't get enough of Ashton after all the deals he's done. One fan even mentioned he couldn't understand our view of him or something like that.

Certainly an Ashton love in at the moment.

I'm in the move on camp, but i'll be interesting to see how it all unfolds :yawn:

1 hour ago, Dastardly and Muttley said:

What interests me is that 13 of those 27 are out of contract next year, as well.

You could easily end up with 30 signings over a 2 year period. Crazy.

Abolutely, and of those 13 look how many are in what's supposed to be their prime years 25 to 29. If they don't make the grade they're going to be expensive to replace and if they're not replaced the squad takes on an even higher average age.

The January transfer window could see as much activity as this one. Crazy.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Henry said:

I’m confused; is it one or two ingredients? Time or patience?

Cook isn’t going to last long, it pains Ashton to say his name.

Ah yes, the traditional follow up interview while things appear to be going well.

In three months when the situation still looks dicey it will be Cooks face in the interviews.

18 minutes ago, Henry said:

I’m confused; is it one or two ingredients? Time or patience?

Cook isn’t going to last long, it pains Ashton to say his name.

Jeez that guy and his spin machine is on full throttle. Absolute bluffer who will hopefully crash & burn ASAP.

• Like 2