IGNORED

The Office (UK): Ipswich Town edition

LondonBristolian

29 minutes ago, miloemily said:

I had to watch it 3 times as I couldn’t believe my eyes. Grade a w@nk stain. Wtf does he think he is????

Same!    

I had to check the score again.  They beat Lincoln, who've already lost 3 times this season, 1-0 !    

Reckon he's feeling the pressure?

1 hour ago, YGBjammy said:

Oh my word ?

Let's see if he takes this level of credit when it's all gone wrong later down the line; I think we all know the answer. Biggest narcissist going.

Christ ! That video confirms it.

The idiot is already auditioning to become Rover's next manager.

I hope he succeeds.

Wael has a huge fortune for him to spend (Factcheck False)

59 minutes ago, Daniro said:

Same!    

I had to check the score again.  They beat Lincoln, who've already lost 3 times this season, 1-0 !    

Reckon he's feeling the pressure?

The goal they scored also shouldn’t have stood, and Lincoln had a goal wrongly disallowed for offside…hardly a battering

• Like 1

17 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Utterly bizarre. Pretty sure this is the definitive "yer da's taking the divorce well" video. He's actually lost the plot.

“Mark Ashton is a blue … he hates Norwich”. Apparently. :noexp:

He’d surely just played and scored the winner or completed the last leg of a world concert tour, right?

Narcissism is alive and well and now living in Ipswich. 

Ashton is just trying to endear himself to a new fan base.   Kind of like when you go to a job interview or start new employment (which he is), you need to show the right character.  I have a feeling this 'reach the fans' or whatever it is, won't have a happy ending but I've got to think for the better and remember the absolute shit that was involved while Marcus Evans and his staff were on board.     Don't forget he's relocated from one end of the country to another, pack up your troubles maybe and hope for a fresh start.

We did OK yesterday, maybe on another day the goal shouldn't have been given but we've had more than our share of wrongful rulings and decisions not go our way.     Nothing fancy out there, just get ahead and keep focus.    Lincoln did well in parts but didn't seem fully committed.

We could be playing Derby and Nottingham Forest next season it looks like.    This league is tough enough already and my concern is, if we don't make it out this season what with new players / manager / owners and expectation, it could be some time before a promotion occurs.    Its been a poor start but the win yesterday was crucial.    Hope it inspires the players and Cook to do a bit better and believe in themselves in the weeks ahead.  

• Haha 1
  • Hmmm 1

2 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

When Paul Cook departs, and it is a when not an If, it would not surprise me in the least if he appoints himself interim manager.

can see it now.
ITTV "We have Mark Ashton here with an important announcement"

MA: Thank you Barry

ITTV: It's Gary actually

MA: Don't argue, I've changed it. Any way, thanks to Peter for all his hard work

ITTV: It's Paul 

MA: shut up Barry, anyway. We have the perfect man lined up, the right DNA and a top human being

ITTV: great news, and the new man will be?

MA: Me,
       and can I first thank myself for this opportunity . I am sure I will do a great job, and if I don't it wont be my fault.
       Now can we end on a song
       ? it's all about me ? It's all about Mark Ashton ?

• Haha 6

3 minutes ago, Southend Blue said:

Ashton is just trying to endear himself to a new fan base.   Kind of like when you go to a job interview or start new employment (which he is), you need to show the right character.  I have a feeling this 'reach the fans' or whatever it is, won't have a happy ending but I've got to think for the better and remember the absolute shit that was involved while Marcus Evans and his staff were on board.     Don't forget he's relocated from one end of the country to another, pack up your troubles maybe and hope for a fresh start.

We did OK yesterday, maybe on another day the goal shouldn't have been given but we've had more than our share of wrongful rulings and decisions not go our way.     Nothing fancy out there, just get ahead and keep focus.    Lincoln did well in parts but didn't seem fully committed.

We could be playing Derby and Nottingham Forest next season it looks like.    This league is tough enough already and my concern is, if we don't make it out this season what with new players / manager / owners and expectation, it could be some time before a promotion occurs.    Its been a poor start but the win yesterday was crucial.    Hope it inspires the players and Cook to do a bit better and believe in themselves in the weeks ahead.  

He’s a grade A manual manipulator and you’ll see it eventually. 

21 hours ago, Northern Red said:

The epitome of cringeworthy.

Anyone would think he's a Narcissist.

Most people would watch this back and shudder with embarrrassment, but Mr "No Mark" Ashton will probably watch it back and cream his pants.

Wonder how he plans to top this "performance" if Ipswich manage to actually get a second win this season.

I hope Lansdown sees this video. It proves everything that many said about Ashton being a waste of space, his delusions of grandeur, and why he was widely despised.

• Like 7

55 minutes ago, Southend Blue said:

Ashton is just trying to endear himself to a new fan base. 

So you think a Chief Executive should be awarding himself a lap of honour? Is that normal do you think?  And did he do the same after the thrashing by Bolton?

Most people would expect a CEO to stick to doing CEO stuff surely? Unless I missed Ed Woodward doing a lap of honour after the West Ham game earlier. ?

Still, I hope the kool aid tastes nice.?

• Like 4
  • Haha 2
  • Flames 2

54 minutes ago, Southend Blue said:

I remember when we used to think a single result would turn our season around or change our fortunes and we were up and down like a yoyo, mainly up the first half of the season and down the second. 

Now we've moved on to wanting steady performances knowing that they will give steady results which at the moment are great away but poor at home (a trait from our Ashton era) still waiting to see if it can be maintained over season and if we can turn out home form around but we will see.

Hope he doesn't screw up your club like he screwed up ours but he has form over a long period of time and at multiple clubs, I was a supporter of his for the first few seasons and dismissed dissenting voices as people that don't like suits or due process or any other list of reasons that people seemed to pinpoint as a character trait of his, it all fell apart for me at the appointment of Holden when I realised there was nothing behind what he was saying - there wasn't any due process he just knew how to say the word. 

One word of warning from a fans perspective it does all seem to make sense at the time, when we were selling our players for more than ever before and signing what some were telling us was the best lower league and European players that could be available to championship clubs it sounds great, you only find out you've got 10% talent and 70% average league 1 players and 20% journeyman types on there way down once it's too late. I still stand by the observation that I made that Lee Johnson seemed to have a bigger role in most of our better signings than he did in the mediocre ones so logically Ashton was more involved in the mediocre ones. 

• Like 4