IGNORED

The Office (UK): Ipswich Town edition

LondonBristolian

1 hour ago, Southend Blue said:

Ashton is just trying to endear himself to a new fan base.   Kind of like when you go to a job interview or start new employment (which he is), you need to show the right character.  I have a feeling this 'reach the fans' or whatever it is, won't have a happy ending but I've got to think for the better and remember the absolute shit that was involved while Marcus Evans and his staff were on board.     Don't forget he's relocated from one end of the country to another, pack up your troubles maybe and hope for a fresh start.

We did OK yesterday, maybe on another day the goal shouldn't have been given but we've had more than our share of wrongful rulings and decisions not go our way.     Nothing fancy out there, just get ahead and keep focus.    Lincoln did well in parts but didn't seem fully committed.

We could be playing Derby and Nottingham Forest next season it looks like.    This league is tough enough already and my concern is, if we don't make it out this season what with new players / manager / owners and expectation, it could be some time before a promotion occurs.    Its been a poor start but the win yesterday was crucial.    Hope it inspires the players and Cook to do a bit better and believe in themselves in the weeks ahead.  

We’ve got a new CEO and he has endeared himself to most of us by just talking plain English (not bullshitese) in his single interview that he has done since being here and then simply getting on with his work behind the scenes out of the media spotlight, not acting like some desparate school kid needing love and affection from ‘his fans’. Bloke needs help and if you don’t go up this season so will you Ipswich fans!  Feel sorry for you but very very happy he is not our issue any more.  

• Like 5

19 hours ago, View from the Dolman said:

Utterly bizarre. Pretty sure this is the definitive "yer da's taking the divorce well" video. He's actually lost the plot.

He's obviously been very busy at Ipswich, looks like he's let his subscription for Grecian 2000 lapse...

W*****

Edited by glynriley
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Southend Blue said:

Ashton is just trying to endear himself to a new fan base.   Kind of like when you go to a job interview or start new employment (which he is), you need to show the right character.  I have a feeling this 'reach the fans' or whatever it is, won't have a happy ending but I've got to think for the better and remember the absolute shit that was involved while Marcus Evans and his staff were on board.     Don't forget he's relocated from one end of the country to another, pack up your troubles maybe and hope for a fresh start.

We did OK yesterday, maybe on another day the goal shouldn't have been given but we've had more than our share of wrongful rulings and decisions not go our way.     Nothing fancy out there, just get ahead and keep focus.    Lincoln did well in parts but didn't seem fully committed.

We could be playing Derby and Nottingham Forest next season it looks like.    This league is tough enough already and my concern is, if we don't make it out this season what with new players / manager / owners and expectation, it could be some time before a promotion occurs.    Its been a poor start but the win yesterday was crucial.    Hope it inspires the players and Cook to do a bit better and believe in themselves in the weeks ahead.  

Mate , he’s a CEO - understand if it was a newly signed player who scored the winner and as you say trying to endear himself to a new fan base, or Cook after a win. But a CEO running the length of an away end, beware of the ego. Hopefully he’ll still be running in front of the away end after a defeat - he won’t and you won’t see or hear from him

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Desperate and cringeworthy.

Those are not the actions of a CEO.

He is still a wannabe footballer. Grow the **** up you bellend.

Bizarre behaviour from a club official, I don't think I've seen the like from anyone else anywhere before - he's not the full deck I would suggest 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

Sorry fella, with massive respect to a fellow fan of football, this will end badly.

Trust me, there is nothing that you have seen on here that is exaggerated. The man is dangerous and I fear for you as a club, I really do. If you doubt us, look at the view of the Watford fans where he was before he came here. I was one, and I freely admit it, that thought it was sour grapes - it wasn’t.

Our owner, far from a stupid man and, a self made billionaire, was fooled by him.

I have not looked at this yet, but I am ‘ intrigued ‘ by the companies that MA has / had, that are football related.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Just had to have another look hahaha unbelievable 

Imagine if Richard Gould had come tearing out from nowhere on Saturday and done that 

Never mind Richard, even Nigel doesn't like to take credit. He will applaud the fans briefly from a distance but prefers to let the players take the credit for a win. But he will take responsibility for a loss.

Edited by chinapig
  • Like 5
  • Flames 1