IGNORED

The Office (UK): Ipswich Town edition

LondonBristolian

On 19/09/2021 at 17:40, glynriley said:

He's obviously been very busy at Ipswich, looks like he's let his subscription for Grecian 2000 lapse...

W*****

13 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He’s no longer Grecian 2000 judging by Saturday!

I made thet very point a couple of days ago...!!

19 hours ago, Red Rag said:

The more I watch the video the more I am staggered by his self importance. Is the man deranged? I wonder if if woke up on Sunday looked at video and thought, oh sh-t what have I done.

He’s probably looking at CCTV clips to see which fans didn’t reach him so he can catch them next time. Just so they can say “I’m never washing this hand again” 

• Haha 1

Question is, why would anyone film this pompous buffoon parading in front of the fans like he'd scored the winning goal?

Ashton has obviously had this cameraman primed ready, to film him going bananas like a demented banshee, the start of the season.

But unfortunately for him, until this Lincoln game, Ipswich simply couldn't win.

Well, he's finally managed to get himself centre-stage and in the spotlight. I bet he's made all his family and friends watch the video over and over again.

Let's see what happens when Ipswich revert back to imploding. Their next opponents are Sheffield Wednesday.

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Bazooka Joe said:

Question is, why would anyone film this pompous buffoon parading in front of the fans like he'd scored the winning goal.

He probably wants to shore up the support of the owners. This is how he imagines gullible Americans like to see proof of success. A bit like when Tom Cruise jumped up and down on that sofa, this sort of exhibitionism might just elicit derision.

16 minutes ago, RedZepperin said:

He probably wants to shore up the support of the owners. This is how he imagines gullible Americans like to see proof of success. A bit like when Tom Cruise jumped up and down on that sofa, this sort of exhibitionism might just elicit derision.

Probably more like this.

Remember the publicity we got after the Man Utd win? Remember Johnson swinging the ballboy around in celebration? Fan interaction - got a lot of positive press from that.

Who was also here at the same time? MA probably thinks he can do something like this, and get just as much press attention from it. Has it worked? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else other than here...

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Taz said:

Probably more like this.

Remember the publicity we got after the Man Utd win? Remember Johnson swinging the ballboy around in celebration? Fan interaction - got a lot of positive press from that.

Who was also here at the same time? MA probably thinks he can do something like this, and get just as much press attention from it. Has it worked? I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else other than here...

LJ's celebration was clearly spur of the moment, it showed a human side and it turned out there was a nice back story for the press to get their teeth into. That spontaneity is completely opposite to this clearly prepared "moment" that just "happened" to get captured on an iPhone or whatever. 

• Like 12

2 hours ago, RedZepperin said:

I hadn't thought of that.   He probably just had a really bad 3 month appraisal from HR in the US and got told that his key area for improvement was in Customer Services.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

LJ's celebration was clearly spur of the moment, it showed a human side and it turned out there was a nice back story for the press to get their teeth into. That spontaneity is completely opposite to this clearly prepared "moment" that just "happened" to get captured on an iPhone or whatever. 

Absolutely. 

Knowing Ashton as we do though, he'dprobably try spinning that this was a "spur of the moment" as well. Whilst ignoring the fact that it was clearly organised.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Taz said:

Probably more like this.

I'd say it's more akin to Holden doing a photoshoot down The Lions. Not anywhere near as bad as Ashton, but very much staged and trying to show he was one of us compared to the previous manager. Nothing against Holden though. Quite possible that Ashton was the one who suggested it. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Rebounder said:

I'd say it's more akin to Holden doing a photoshoot down The Lions. Not anywhere near as bad as Ashton, but very much staged and trying to show he was one of us compared to the previous manager. Nothing against Holden though. Quite possible that Ashton was the one who suggested it. 

More like if O'Driscoll had ran off down the touchline after this win which also took us out of L1 relegation zone

Bristol City 2-0 Crawley Town - BBC Sport

B

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Took a “cheating” goal to get the equaliser too.

Would love to know what comms there were between keeper and defender.

Defender (Right Back) seems to have pointed behind Peacock-Farrell rather than screaming at him "he's behind you" pantomime style. However, how unprofessional is it of an International Goalkeeper not to have a quick look behind him before putting the ball on the floor. It's standard Goalkeeping practice at all levels these days. Players will accept genuine mistakes such as handling errors from Goalkeepers all day long like the Bentley error against Luton and the QPR lad against West Brom (it happens) but that type of concentration lapse will boil their piss when they've worked bloody hard for 89 minutes to get a 1-0 lead and are managing the game to a conclusion.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silvio Dante said:

U23s are away at Ipswich this afternoon. Wonder if Ashtons ready to go all “David Pleat” should they sneak a late equaliser

???

56 minutes ago, Son of Fred said:

Pick up a 'Femme de la nuit ???......

Too quick SoF:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1238017/Premier-League-manager-caught-visiting-prostitutes-brothel.html