IGNORED

The Office (UK): Ipswich Town edition

LondonBristolian

5 hours ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I like the way you say early years, the 80s (nearly 40 years ago) and the Stones had already been around for 20! 

People/journo’s also tend to forget that Brian Jones founded the Rolling Stones, not Mick & Keith. I expect Mick & Keith do too.

I should have said earlier. 

I'm in my late 60s so well remember the very early years (although I must confess to not being their greatest fan). 

Your right about Jagger & Richards as, over time, it's got to feel that they are the Stones. Academic of course, but I wonder how the band would have developed without Jones' untimely death. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

I should have said earlier. 

I'm in my late 60s so well remember the very early years (although I must confess to not being their greatest fan). 

Your right about Jagger & Richards as, over time, it's got to feel that they are the Stones. Academic of course, but I wonder how the band would have developed without Jones' untimely death. 

he'd already left or been fired…such a waste of a talent. There were rumours of him working with George Harrison, and others in the future. An extremely talented musician who probably wasn't suited to the rock n roll circus that the Stones became.

Churchillesque rallying cry from MA at Ipswich. Deft use of the English language, with an amazing, incredible and, may I say it, exciting use of adjectives that include "amazed", "amazing", "excited" and "exciting". Fans of his "fantastic" and (my personal favourite) "absolutely fantastic" will have to wait for his next speech. https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2021/october/mark-ashton-shrewsbury-town-programme-notes/

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, RedZepperin said:

Churchillesque rallying cry from MA at Ipswich. Deft use of the English language, with an amazing, incredible and, may I say it, exciting use of adjectives that include "amazed", "amazing", "excited" and "exciting". Fans of his "fantastic" and (my personal favourite) "absolutely fantastic" will have to wait for his next speech. https://www.itfc.co.uk/news/2021/october/mark-ashton-shrewsbury-town-programme-notes/

What happens when they beat someone reasonable ?

41 minutes ago, RedZepperin said:

Full dress rehearsal of MA’s speech for the next home game.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, RedZepperin said:

I repeat it again, in all seriousness, I am truly concerned about his mental health wellbeing.

Also, if I was Paul Cook, I would not be looking to buy a house in the Ipswich area.

45 minutes ago, RedZepperin said:

Interview over on the Ipswich site now with one of the American owners who is visiting Ipswich this week. In the photo announcing the interview, there's a man in the middle pointing as if he's checking out a new missile site in North Korea. He's not the American chap.

You're not wrong!

Looks like a successful launch...

Screenshot_20211022-192935_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

The obsession on here about him and Johnson is insane.

Obsession I would agree - but I'm not so sure that's what it is. People all over OTIB this afternoon are looking for reasons why we are in the mess we are in. Johnson, Ashton, look no further.

It really hurts if you saw it coming. What a mess!

I don't give two hoots what happens to them now though. In fact good luck to LJ if he can turn his apprenticeship at City into something good...although it still beats me why we ever hired an apprentice when we had such a wonderful opportunity to really build.