IGNORED

The Office (UK): Ipswich Town edition

LondonBristolian

53 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

?

? indeed. I can fill you in a little. 
Nors used to play at Forest Green a few years back (I’d actually done a number of scout reports on him back then, 2012-14). I’ve got a few contacts from those days who are still in touch with Nors, as well a couple of folks in the industry who are very close to Paul Cook. 
I’m reliably informed this evening that there was a fair bit of interference in the dressing room - not just from Ashton, but another person who is close to Ashton (not Werhun, someone else). Not a ‘football’ person either. 

Oh, and Andy Rolls is SERIOUSLY not liked!!! 

Can’t wait to hear some more ?

Edited by Harry
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Ipswich fans can wish for whoever they like but football people do talk to each other. Do they seriously think that Ryan Lowe for instance won`t give Paul Cook a ring before he decides if he wants the job or not?

Ashton`s reputation precedes him.

An interesting one would be Chris Hughton. He was saying on the Yeovil v Stevenage coverage that he`s ready to come back if the right job came up.

Chris Hughton will surely just think back to summer 2020 and ask - eighteen months ago you thought Dean Holden was better than me, bye (polite).

Just now, Harry said:

Nors used to play at Forest Green a few years back (I’d actually done a number of scout reports on him back then, 2012-14). I’ve got a few contacts from those days who are still in touch with Nors, as well a couple of folks who are very close to Paul Cook. 
I’m reliably informed this evening that there was a fair bit of interference in the dressing room - not just from Ashton, but another person who is close to Ashton (not Werhun, someone else). Not a ‘football’ person either. 

O’Leary?

2 minutes ago, Harry said:

Nors used to play at Forest Green a few years back (I’d actually done a number of scout reports on him back then, 2012-14). I’ve got a few contacts from those days who are still in touch with Nors, as well a couple of folks in the industry who are very close to Paul Cook. 

I have no inside knowledge at all, but none of that surprises me in the slightest.

Cook is better off out of it.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Chris Hughton will surely just think back to summer 2020 and ask - eighteen months ago you thought Dean Holden was better than me, bye (polite).

O’Leary?

Nope. Even less of a ‘football’ person than O’Leary!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

There are some brilliant suggestions on their forum as to who would want to manage their midtable third division club:

Jokanovic

Bruce

OGS

Champ play off, Robins

Lampard

But they will be competing with the Gas for them when Joey is sacked surely?

20 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

There are some brilliant suggestions on their forum as to who would want to manage their midtable third division club:

Jokanovic

Bruce

OGS

Champ play off, Robins

Lampard

I think the time has come for Swiss Tony to take the final step in his management career and take charge himself.

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Would John Terry want to go there? You know better than I 

He's on a kind of one year sabbatical at the moment. So it may be a bit too early for him. Personally, I think he has all the attributes to become a top coach. 

Ipswich presents a decent opportunity for him, but it's true he may well get better offers. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Harry said:

As you know, I have a contact that knows Cook's agent (Irish). I literally cannot wait to hear his side of the story ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, Harry said:

I really have nothing against Ipswich as a club but I’m so ******* glad that ***** ain’t with us no more. 
look at the ******* fall out we’re still dealing with because of him 

but that *** is a millionaire through his bullshit . Unreal really 

Edited by steviestevieneville
  • Like 7

2 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

I really have nothing against Ipswich as a club but I’m so ******* glad that ***** ain’t with us no more. 
look at the ******* fall out we’re still dealing with because of him 

but that *** is a millionaire through his bullshit . Unreal really 

Really hope we get them in the cup at home (if they beat Barrow) , knowing that piece of shit he wouldn’t attend 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, daored said:

Really hope we get them in the cup at home (if they beat Barrow) , knowing that piece of shit he wouldn’t attend 

He’d be nowhere near it. 
anyone like watching the simpsons. ? Ashton coming back would be like the end of the monorail episode 

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Ahhhhhhhh, got you!  Oh dear.  Now that would seriously annoy the manager and players.

Oooh do tell 

2 hours ago, REDOXO said:

I AM NOT LJs number one fan by any extent. But Sunderland are third in touching distance of top spot and are still in a cup. 

Lord knows what Sunderland supporters want. They are where they are because they have been awful for years, not due to a bad performance today allegedly. Anyone worth his salt knows that place is a no win job! Lunatics. 

Not being funny, but city fans were like that with LJ when we were knocking about the play offs probably well above our station in most neutrals eyes. 

• Like 2

I think the yanks who took over (or some representation) may have been in attendance today and took time to survey the 6,000 in attendance as hoof balls were played often and we huffed and puffed to a  0 - 0  draw at home to the mighty Barrow FC.     At some stage a Eureka moment occurred and they decided Paul Cook was dogshit here and went the way of the fans who decided to stay away and put their own plan into operation.

Cook should never have been given the job to begin with.   Lambert was a disaster, in fact they've all been failures going back to the mid 2000's apart from one or two seasons with McCarthy and even then that isn't really saying much.

This isn't a time for anger, I can see a window of opportunity ahead.    OK we didn't win today what should have been a simple victory but are still in the F.A. Cup and think the replay is on BBC terrestrial television which is something.     Cook was poor, in fact he was shit, pure and simple if I may add, but as of today he's no longer my or our club name responsibility.     Had his personal issues such as family bereavement in recent months and while truly sorry (for that) and extend sympathy then and now, as a managerial figure with us at least, he got out of his depth in a relatively short time.  

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Oooh do tell 

6 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Harry’s the man to say, not me.

Yeah, I don’t wanna give the identity of the individual to be honest, probably not right and fair to that person who, as far as I know, isn’t in the public eye, and likely isn’t actually to blame! 

• Like 1

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/524079/page:1

The penny is dropping for some of them!

But my favourite comment:

"Nobody has had their head stuck in the sand over Ashton. Some people prefer to take people as they find them, rather than rely on the views of a bunch of weird Bristol City window lickers whose club has not exactly roared up the league since he left."

19 minutes ago, !james said:

"Nobody has had their head stuck in the sand over Ashton. Some people prefer to take people as they find them, rather than rely on the views of a bunch of weird Bristol City window lickers whose club has not exactly roared up the league since he left."

So that simpleton doesn’t understand that the biggest issue with Ashton is that the problems his type cause aren’t just immediate but are the type that get embedded in the club and take years to rectify. They deserve everything they get if they’re too stupid to see that for themselves.

• Like 14

18 minutes ago, !james said:

If will take until about this time next season, when their annual accounts come out for this season, and they (the fans) realise how much their losses have grown.

And you can bet even at this stage the Pension Fund / Gamechanger won’t be that happy.  There’s no money to be made in Lg1, and bigger losses in the Champ, but it’s the gateway to the PL…and you can bet this was a get out of Lg1 this season, one year in Champ consolidation, then PL push in season 3.  They are behind the curve.

You could imagine Cook probably wanted the odd tweak in January, a new boss will probably want more money spent.

Not going well is it.

• Like 1