IGNORED

The Office (UK): Ipswich Town edition

LondonBristolian

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

If will take until about this time next season, when their annual accounts come out for this season, and they (the fans) realise how much their losses have grown.

And you can bet even at this stage the Pension Fund / Gamechanger won’t be that happy.  There’s no money to be made in Lg1, and bigger losses in the Champ, but it’s the gateway to the PL…and you can bet this was a get out of Lg1 this season, one year in Champ consolidation, then PL push in season 3.  They are behind the curve.

You could imagine Cook probably wanted the odd tweak in January, a new boss will probably want more money spent.

Not going well is it.

4BBEC1CE-2C70-495F-9828-3D8F712950A3.jpeg.101d78425bd24d3085df444251d9286b.jpeg

• Robin 1

47 minutes ago, !james said:

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/524079/page:1

The penny is dropping for some of them!

But my favourite comment:

"Nobody has had their head stuck in the sand over Ashton. Some people prefer to take people as they find them, rather than rely on the views of a bunch of weird Bristol City window lickers whose club has not exactly roared up the league since he left."

Hang on. Do people in Ipswich NOT lick windows? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, !james said:

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/524079/page:1

The penny is dropping for some of them!

But my favourite comment:

"Nobody has had their head stuck in the sand over Ashton. Some people prefer to take people as they find them, rather than rely on the views of a bunch of weird Bristol City window lickers whose club has not exactly roared up the league since he left."

Huh.

Almost as if we've had to ruthlessly cut wages as much as possible due to an incompetent CEO: shunting up wages to turnover 50% over the course of his period in charge while performances became worse the more of the formers signings were introduced,  the club struggling to remain within FFP, same CEO who over his tenure then also butchered our medical, fitness, and scouting departments, which are still or are going to need to be resolved over the course of this season, and possibly next. A CEO whose only benefit is his negotiating skills when selling a player.

Nah, definitely couldn't correlate.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Flames 2

6 hours ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Sunderland 2 points from top with 2 games in hand. 2 fingers.

Johnson places two fingers to remind the fans who , let's face it, are not the brightest attribute to the North East..... particularly when a number have recently suggested to go and get Sean Dyche as his replacement.

They haven’t got two games in hand ... 

9 hours ago, luke_bristol said:

So that simpleton doesn’t understand that the biggest issue with Ashton is that the problems his type cause aren’t just immediate but are the type that get embedded in the club and take years to rectify. They deserve everything they get if they’re too stupid to see that for themselves.

The problem is we have far too many on here who, even now, still can't see it either and genuinely think that changing Managers every half a season until we find one who works will sort us out and so on that basis maybe we deserve what we are getting at the moment? That said I put 100% of the responsibility for Swiss Tony squarely at the Owners feet for allowing it to happen for far too long when most of us had worked him out within 6-12 months of joining (of course, it's HIS club, nobody else's after all) and then defending it against the fans afterwards.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 3

Nuno Espirito Santo now!

When is someone going to tell them they are basically Bristol City of 2013. A midtable third league club with a fanbase and finance capable of top half Championship but no more due to parachute payments and FFP

It says it all about Ashton that he failed here and he had to drop so low with the aim to reach the level we are.

Edited by cidercity1987
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Nuno Espirito Santo now!

When is someone going to tell them they are basically Bristol City of 2013. A midtable third league club with a fanbase and finance capable of top half Championship but no more due to parachute payments and FFP

It says it all about Ashton that he failed here and he had to drop so low with the aim to reach the level we are.

This is literally Gas scales of delusion.

6 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

This is literally Gas scales of delusion.

?‍♂️ 

11 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Nuno Espirito Santo now!

To be fair, might as well go all out for Pep. 

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

?‍♂️ 

To be fair, might as well go all out for Pep. 

Nah, he`s said Man City are the only English club he`ll manage.

Mind you, if the dream ticket of Ipswich Town and working with Mr Ashton was on offer then all bets are off. He`ll no doubt have sleepless nights wondering if he should take the gig though.

29 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

About 2 maybe 2.5  years ago, I was in a location where Ashton was. He was dealing with someone and I was sat behind. All he talked about was himself and how he was signing this player and that player. He talked about it being "my club" and how brilliant he was in the transfer market. When he left, the person who was dealing with him, a friend actually asked "Does he own Bristol City ?" and then " He is so full of sh1T". Now if that person in 30 minutes got his number how could our billionaire businessman owner not in 4 years. He will destroy Ipswich.  

It makes me so angry and sad at the same time. He has to have his comeuppance soon…?

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

About 2 maybe 2.5  years ago, I was in a location where Ashton was. He was dealing with someone and I was sat behind. All he talked about was himself and how he was signing this player and that player. He talked about it being "my club" and how brilliant he was in the transfer market. When he left, the person who was dealing with him, a friend actually asked "Does he own Bristol City ?" and then " He is so full of sh1T". Now if that person in 30 minutes got his number how could our billionaire businessman owner not in 4 years. He will destroy Ipswich.  

Apart from dealing with the financial and contractual side of the football club, what else does a CEO now have to do at City? Ticket sales, Catering, Stadium and pitch maintenence are covered by Bristol Sport.

A Director of Football seems to be our priority. Could this be Pearson in a year or so after he has reshaped us off and on the field?

@billywedlock

Edited by cidered abroad

1 hour ago, cidercity1987 said:

Money Talks!!

3 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Mrs Ashton? 

I don’t believe there’s a Mrs Ashton, only an ex-Mrs Ashton (happy to be corrected)….but she still has a business in the world of football, supplying services like hotels, relocations, etc.  Very profitable services when there’s a lot of transfers and players need to move from one side / end of the country to another.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Hmmm 1

13 hours ago, Southend Blue said:

I think the yanks who took over (or some representation) may have been in attendance today and took time to survey the 6,000 in attendance as hoof balls were played often and we huffed and puffed to a  0 - 0  draw at home to the mighty Barrow FC.     At some stage a Eureka moment occurred and they decided Paul Cook was dogshit here and went the way of the fans who decided to stay away and put their own plan into operation.

Cook should never have been given the job to begin with.   Lambert was a disaster, in fact they've all been failures going back to the mid 2000's apart from one or two seasons with McCarthy and even then that isn't really saying much.

This isn't a time for anger, I can see a window of opportunity ahead.    OK we didn't win today what should have been a simple victory but are still in the F.A. Cup and think the replay is on BBC terrestrial television which is something.     Cook was poor, in fact he was shit, pure and simple if I may add, but as of today he's no longer my or our club name responsibility.     Had his personal issues such as family bereavement in recent months and while truly sorry (for that) and extend sympathy then and now, as a managerial figure with us at least, he got out of his depth in a relatively short time.  

Imo you won’t get a manager that’s opinionated. You’ll get one that can be manipulated . Watford & Oxford fans warned us about Ashton but we ignored it as we’d just been promoted . Over the course of 5 years that bell end trippled the wage bill but massively reduced the quality of the squad & we’re reaping it now . We collectively hate the bloke but in a way I don’t blame him . I blame our owner who employed him twice. Yes, twice & he completely ****** our squad up both times 

Edited by steviestevieneville
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Money Talks!!

I don’t believe there’s a Mrs Ashton, only an ex-Mrs Ashton (happy to be corrected)….but she still has a business in the world of football, supplying services like hotels, relocations, etc.  Very profitable services when there’s a lot of transfers and players need to move from one side / end of the country to another.

Clever couple. Steve does like the entrepreneurial spirit, doesn't he? Why he took to Lee with his property portfolio while the rest of his players were pissing it away and brawling in town and so on

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Money Talks!!

Are you referring to Player PA here?

If so, that company has changed hands and is now associated with someone else since October (the new owner was previously working at Player PA). The company website hasn't been updated to reflect this but it also doesn't reflect the death of her sister (as reported here).

• Like 1