IGNORED

The Office (UK): Ipswich Town edition

LondonBristolian

Such a ******* snake.

”I’d like to sincerely thank Paul for his hard work” he has absolutely no idea what “sincere” means.

Liked his comment that Gilmartin had been McGreal’s assistant at Swindon, that was for about 3 weeks in the close season, they didn’t have a single game in charge of them!

Good to know as well that on Saturday there was lots of activity that was “busy” pretty sure activity couldn’t be anything else, you smarmy ****.

Thank **** he’s out of our club.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 1

24 minutes ago, petehinton said:

states pretty early into this that it was his call to sack him...even more power than he had here. Scary stuff.

Of course he has more power, he has 360-degree “his” men around him….O’Leary above, Rolls, Costin on the medical side, Werhun on operations plus one other (name redacted) who goes into the dressing room before games.  Also had Probert in Academy now too.

“Let me clear” means “I’m about to lie”.

Cook was a dead man walking.  I bet Morsy is delighted.  

4 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Such a ******* snake.

”I’d like to sincerely thank Paul for his hard work” he has absolutely no idea what “sincere” means.

Liked his comment that Gilmartin had been McGreal’s assistant at Swindon, that was for about 3 weeks in the close season, they didn’t have a single game in charge of them!

Good to know as well that on Saturday there was lots of activity that was “busy” pretty sure activity couldn’t be anything else, you smarmy ****.

Thank **** he’s out of our club.

In Rene’s defence, McGreal was his manager at Colchester.

2 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Of course he has more power, he has 360-degree “his” men around him….O’Leary above, Rolls, Costin on the medical side, Werhun on operations plus one other (name redacted) who goes into the dressing room before games.  Also had Probert in Academy now too.

He was, but Ashton trying to pretend their 3 week spell in charge of a L2 club during the close season is some sort of basis to be put in caretaker charge is fanciful.

The funny thing is Ipswich fans think we're bitter and envious. We're not. We hated that bloke, he ruined the atmosphere around the club with his corporate mates and David Brent esque quotes. He was a toxic cancer on this club and delighted he has left us. I genuinely feel sorry for them, it's going to take City a few years to get rid of that atmosphere as I can still feel his awful stench lingers around our club.

I feel sorry for Ipswich, I really do. Best of luck to them, they're going to need it.

• Like 13

14 minutes ago, 2015 said:

The funny thing is Ipswich fans think we're bitter and envious. We're not. We hated that bloke, he ruined the atmosphere around the club with his corporate mates and David Brent esque quotes. He was a toxic cancer on this club and delighted he has left us. I genuinely feel sorry for them, it's going to take City a few years to get rid of that atmosphere as I can still feel his awful stench lingers around our club.

I feel sorry for Ipswich, I really do. Best of luck to them, they're going to need it.

Yep just posted that on their forum.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Oooooooo, Reneeeeeee

FDE24C0B-F447-4E69-933B-98BB5029D2E8.thumb.jpeg.9cd5f69a43516aebdc81eac50f76618d.jpeg

In fairness, I like Rene, and the link with McGreal will be from their Colchester days….but we also know Gilmartin goes back to Watford / Ashton.

Wonder if Richard Lee is also there doing some “consultancy” in addition to his role as a director at the player agency Refuel Performance Management. Must come in handy when recommending players to sign. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, SuperRed said:

Wonder if Richard Lee is also there doing some “consultancy” in addition to his role as a director at the player agency Refuel Performance Management. Must come in handy when recommending players to sign. 

Wonder if he still has his baseball cap business as well.

Edit: Seems not, but he does have a myriad of other business ventures.

Edited by bcfc01

31 minutes ago, SuperRed said:

Believe there was talk of them using ex-Ipswich player Scott Barron on the recruitment side….Lee’s business partner. ?

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

Yep. If you have a look at their forum you can see the penny slowly starting to drop for more and more of them.

In barely 24 hours they've gone from talking about Lampard, Jokanovic, Hughton etc to realising that there's a very big chance that McGreal gets the job permanently.

Odds on he will be appointed after a rigorous process. Great Human etc etc - :laugh:

3 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Whoever they bring in won’t have time to do a full assessment of the squad, what is needed in January, etc…and guess what, signings will have to be from a small group of friendly Agents that Ashton can do business with.

Yep…..lining his own pockets again!

Wonder how many of the players that were signed in the summer, won’t be wanted by the new manager? ?‍♂️

• Like 1

I liked Rene, a likeable Human but bloody hell he could put a positive spin on anything when he was on Robin’s TV. No I didn’t expect him to be damning of such shite performances but he was gushing and sugar coating just about everyone and anything, wore increasingly thin after a short while. 

• Like 6

28 minutes ago, RedM said:

I liked Rene, a likeable Human but bloody hell he could put a positive spin on anything when he was on Robin’s TV. No I didn’t expect him to be damning of such shite performances but he was gushing and sugar coating just about everyone and anything, wore increasingly thin after a short while. 

the final turd

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I always used to laugh when the ‘let me be really clear’ came out, and what always followed was anything but clear. 
Can’t stand the bloke, and feel embarrassed that he was running our club for a number of years. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, O'Garlandinho said:

I always used to laugh when the ‘let me be really clear’ came out, and what always followed was anything but clear. 
Can’t stand the bloke, and feel embarrassed that he was running our club for a number of years. 

Don’t be embarrassed, it wasn’t your call. Luckily the fans can’t be held to account for any of it. COYRs 

• Like 1