IGNORED

The Office (UK): Ipswich Town edition

LondonBristolian

3 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Sky Sports News - Curtis Davies, Tim Sherwood and Jamie Mackie giving Ipswich a bit of stick.  Davies saying there will be disharmony because not all 19 can play.  Sherwood saying new manager won’t be able to shift them because of their high wages.

That's OK,  if they can't shift them,  just see out their contacts and let them go on mass for free.... worked here, what could possibly go wrong with such a plan....??

• Flames 3

"supporters" on the pitch at Charlton and their own keeper assaulted by a "supporter".

Reports of racial abuse of one of their players by a "supporter".

Their forum in melt down.

Not going too well up there.

Maybe Ashton should do a few high fiving runs around the ground to get them onside - it worked before after all.

Despite the obvious depth of feeling against Ipswich Town FC on here recently, I will never forget that Ipswich played a match vs Southampton back in 1982 in aid of our players who were caught up in the horrendous financial situation that defined our history at that time - for me, the Tractor Boys and the Saints will always have my respect for that gesture ...

• Like 6
  • Flames 1

6 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Despite the obvious depth of feeling against Ipswich Town FC on here recently, I will never forget that Ipswich played a match vs Southampton back in 1982 in aid of our players who were caught up in the horrendous financial situation that defined our history at that time - for me, the Tractor Boys and the Saints will always have my respect for that gesture ...

I don’t think anyone has anything against Ipswich(actually think of them as a decent set of fans), it’s just there CEO. For the moment those 2 are difficult to separate but when he leaves I know who I will still have a problem with and who I don’t.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, bcfc01 said:

"supporters" on the pitch at Charlton and their own keeper assaulted by a "supporter".

Reports of racial abuse of one of their players by a "supporter".

There were a good number or them absolutely trolleyed at London Bridge at past 7pm as I was heading home. Not only did they have little chance of making kick off but they've obviously not been to Charlton for a while as they all marched resolutely in the same direction as me to the Millwall platforms, singing songs and chanting. I did briefly start pointing them in the opposite direction to little effect (Charlton train is literally the far other end of the station) but they were in their own little world & given their description of us as window lickers and bitter over Ashton I left them all to it.

• Like 9
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, billywedlock said:

Ashton not running down the touchline now is he...... When those fans wake up to that reality that total POS , his interference in the team and dressing room they maybe closer to L2

I can’t see the US owners standing for this for too long. Are they football experts? Do they understand the machinations of how football works? 

53 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Blimey. I don’t know there was the fracas between a fan and Cotts. 
I hope all this accelerates the exposure of MA and brings it all to an end 

One or two fans and the manager yes and we’ve had a lot against Pulis in the past but like this against the players? I know it wasn’t good against Coventry but was it this bad?

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, One Team said:

One or two fans and the manager yes and we’ve had a lot against Pulis in the past but like this against the players? I know it wasn’t good against Coventry but was it this bad?

It feels to me, looking from a distance, that this unrest has accelerated quite quickly from within the utopian dream of the summer. The team isn’t in a relegation fight, so it feels a bit OTT, especially towards the players! We’d usually direct our anger towards the manager, but they haven’t got one…:dunno:

Edited by exAtyeoMax
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

It feels to me, looking from a distance, that this unrest has accelerated quite quickly from within the utopian dream of the summer. The team isn’t in a relegation fight, so it feels a bit OTT, especially towards the players! We’d usually direct our anger towards the manager, but they haven’t got one…:dunno:

It might have been a bit OTT BUT Swiss Tony was giving it the big one after signing 19 players and last night Ipswich got absolutely battered, not even a shot on target. I suppose that would annoy a few (the ones who don't call us window lickers and have their heads literally stuck up their arses, that is). The lucky thing for us was that when Ashton got rumbled and knew he was finished here he was able to work behind the scenes to secure his exit strategy. Let's not kid ourselves it's still going to take years to clear up the mess that Swiss and Johnson left behind them, completely and utterly condoned by Legacy Boy, but at least it's being slowly sorted. Win/Win for everyone. Swiss will likely get rumbled very quickly now assuming Ipswich fans aren't as thick as they ******* look (unless he breaks tradition and appoints a very good Manager which will dilute his power) but where will he piss off to in the next couple of years? Ipswich are stuck with Swiss Tony for a while, no doubt about it, and given the reaction of many of their fans at being told what he would do to them there couldn't be more of a match made in heaven.

Edited by Numero Uno
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Blimey. I don’t know there was the fracas between a fan and Cotts. 
I hope all this accelerates the exposure of MA and brings it all to an end 

I was at Brentford away a few years ago, I believe it was Wade Elliots debut - He was terrible as were most of the rest. 

The City squad that day got absolute pelters as they headed down the tunnel which was right next to their old away end.

Marvin Elliott was the only man clapped off the pitch. 

• Like 1
  • Robin 1

Sensible Ipswich fans will know this season the club have stated it’s a re-building one. So why on earth sack your manager after a few months?! Mixed messages to say the least.

Clearly after years of disappointment, looks like a quite few have forgotten this and are getting impatient. That’s what money does - a sniff of it and all perspective goes out the window, they just want success now.

Interesting parallels with Ashton here already showing there…..

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

I was at Brentford away a few years ago, I believe it was Wade Elliots debut - He was terrible as were most of the rest. 

The City squad that day got absolute pelters as they headed down the tunnel which was right next to their old away end.

The player that got pushed around by a fan last night for Ipswich was the Goalkeeper who apparently was the only player that turned up. I know he can't do it as a professional athlete but he should have completely twatted the fat dwarf into next week.

1 minute ago, Alessandro said:

Sensible Ipswich fans will know this season the club have stated it’s a re-building one. So why on earth sack your manager after a few months?! Mixed messages to say the least.

Clearly after years of disappointment, looks like a quite few have forgotten this and are getting impatient. That’s what money does - a sniff of it and all perspective goes out the window, they just want success now.

.......only a lot quicker.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

There was the time at Brentford when Tammy was nearly in tears, that was when Tomlin was at the club and LJ got loads of grief.

48 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

It’s not necessarily money, it’s the promises made by Swiss…all that BS 

It's all happening much quicker with them than us and there are a few contributory factors.  

1.  The players are not as good as the squad we had in 2016.  Ayling, Flint, Baker, Bryan, Pack, Smith, Freeman, Reid, Kodjia.  He's assembled the current Ipswich squad more or less. It's down to him and he's made no secret of it.

2.  He was insulated from criticism by Steve Lansdown who appeared publicly when we were doing crap and backed the manager.  Ashton was nowhere.  Now Ashton is front and centre and having made the mistake of sacking a perfectly competent manager.  Attention will turn to him sharpish as the penny drops amongst the less delusional Ipswich fans.

• Like 4