IGNORED

The Office (UK): Ipswich Town edition

LondonBristolian

1 hour ago, !james said:

Haha 

"Churchman"

Not Listening Dumb And Dumber GIF

Churchman is the guy who called me / us window lickers….he has me on ignore.

Im surprised that with his tongue so far up Ashton’s arse that he doesn’t know the plan for the next manager or why one hasn’t been appointed yet.  A few of their posters think I’m trolling.  A few have realised I’m answering questions, providing facts.

I wonder who “mylittletown” is because he has sussed out Churchman!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/525070/wheres-all-the-anti-ashton-stuff-come-from-all-of-a-sudden/#24

Starting to get a real dislike for Ipswich Town. Also known as the Mark Ashton affect 

If we were a tinpot League One club , what on earth does that make them now. What a right bunch of tools

4 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

If we were a tinpot League One club , what on earth does that make them now. What a right bunch of tools

I don’t thing there’s more than a handful of posters on OTIB who think we should be in the PL.  churchman continues a baseless argument because he’s clutching straws / his pride.

If anyone has read my posts on TWTD I’m pretty consistent with what I write in here, he’s a good administrator,  sells for good fees, but he isn’t a good recruiter, nor has he executed a very good re-contracting strategy.  Nor is he alone in his blame.  Poor old Churchman gets so many facts wrong about Bristol City.  I don’t go on to their forum and try to tell them about their players, finances etc.  I’m sure he read the interview about Ashton and Commercial increases and latched onto that…without knowing the reality.

Ashton might be a success at Portman Road, but judging on one transfer window is misguided.  It’s either all Cook’s fault, in which case why think Ashton is so great, or you look at their current position and you think it’s far from perfect how the squad has gelled and therefore there must be some collective responsibility.  

15 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Im surprised that with his tongue so far up Ashton’s arse that he doesn’t know the plan for the next manager or why one hasn’t been appointed yet.  A few of their posters think I’m trolling.  A few have realised I’m answering questions, providing facts.

Going by their comments in that thread, I could take a good guess as to who mylittletown is.

If my hunch is correct, they have a City supporting gf. 

• Flames 1

38 minutes ago, Betty Swallocks said:

Going by their comments in that thread, I could take a good guess as to who mylittletown is.

If my hunch is correct, they have a City supporting gf. 

37 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Too cryptic for me.

I’m thinking Kelsey Grammer?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

I don’t thing there’s more than a handful of posters on OTIB who think we should be in the PL.  churchman continues a baseless argument because he’s clutching straws / his pride.

If anyone has read my posts on TWTD I’m pretty consistent with what I write in here, he’s a good administrator,  sells for good fees, but he isn’t a good recruiter, nor has he executed a very good re-contracting strategy.  Nor is he alone in his blame.  Poor old Churchman gets so many facts wrong about Bristol City.  I don’t go on to their forum and try to tell them about their players, finances etc.  I’m sure he read the interview about Ashton and Commercial increases and latched onto that…without knowing the reality.

Ashton might be a success at Portman Road, but judging on one transfer window is misguided.  It’s either all Cook’s fault, in which case why think Ashton is so great, or you look at their current position and you think it’s far from perfect how the squad has gelled and therefore there must be some collective responsibility.  

That 'churchman' - wow. Classic stuff. Ill informed and very sure of his own opinion, a dangerous combination.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Little bit surprised there is no concrete(ish) candidate yet.  I don’t think 4/5 on is that concrete imho.

image.thumb.png.6fa03b3a9a3fafb5072c7670201cc786.png

Well, we all know it won’t be a ‘name’. 

It’ll be someone that Mr Ashton can ‘have a good relationship with’…i.e. control. 

Really pleased we’ve currently the diversions of the Mark Ashton, Joey Barton and Lee Johnson weekly soap operas.

Really entertaining in these dark days and helps to lessen the pain of witnessing our own pretty inept performances. Even better when the likes of Ipswich fans,  who were given fair warning, slag us off. One by one you can start to see the lightbulbs going on and a slight hint of panic developing. Poor sods.

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

They do seem to think everything at City is rosy now Ashton has finally gone. Surely, as we are 'window lickers' etc, they would obviously understand FFP and the fact we are having to be frugal because of his actions, not the other way around?

Fine club are Ipswich but there are some bitter comments on there.

2 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

On a slightly different note, their forum is an utterly unreadable mess isn't it?

Just a front page of random topics with off topic stuff mixed with the footy chat. Adverts in every available space. Just awful. 

Thank god for Tom and the OTIB team.

I take it you have not seen Lutons forum.

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

They do seem to think everything at City is rosy now Ashton has finally gone. Surely, as we are 'window lickers' etc, they would obviously understand FFP and the fact we are having to be frugal because of his actions, not the other way around?

Yeah still got that entitlement despite not being in the top flight for god knows how long. To the younger generation of football fans they are just an average club.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

Yep, they - Churchman and one or two others - think that now Ashton’s gone we should be top 6.  They really don’t understand the mess the club is now in.  Not all Ashton’s fault, SL and JL part of that in the last 12 months or so, and add in LJ for some of the time before that.

In Ipswich’s case, Cook part of the collective blame too.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

think that now Ashton’s gone we should be top 6.

Football fans often have a particularly curious expectation that sudden change will bring instant results. You see it everywhere in the game, from the 'new manager bounce' to a player returning from injury being 'like a new signing' to the simple demand for a substitution at half time.

There is a prevalence of feeling that one change in one position, either on and off the pitch, will immediately, inevitably, and irreversibly produce monumental transformation.

It really is a very peculiar expectation, often even a demand, and I feel it is rarely seen elsewhere to such a dramatic extent.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Football fans often have a particularly curious expectation that sudden change will bring instant results. You see it everywhere in the game, from the 'new manager bounce' to a player returning from injury being 'like a new signing' to the simple demand for a substitution at half time.

There is a prevalence of feeling that one change in one position, either on and off the pitch, will immediately, inevitably, and irreversibly produce monumental transformation.

It really is a very peculiar expectation, often even a demand, and I feel it is rarely seen elsewhere to such a dramatic extent.

it’s the random nature of it mixed with unjust hope IMHO. How many times have we seen it on here - formation, player coming back from injury, change the manager. A manager above the level might get you an extra 10 points a season.

Most of the time this stuff is just poking around the edge of a real problem of just needing better players.

Tried to quote Midlands Robin r.e. TWTD is a mess and largely unreadable.     I see your point entirely.    Ipswich fan or not, it's a bloody nuisance over there often enough for any supporters trying to read as they insist on saturating the pages with needless advertisements and video things playing away, and all this while you're trying to read actual relevant stuff.     I'm not sucking up to anyone, that's not what I do, but fair play here at OTIB you've put together a clear comprehensive fan site free of adverts and easy to read and participate in.     Way better than TWTD and not afraid to say it.    It's not so much about what team you or I follow, the basics are having a simple layout design that's clear and effective.   You have it, we don't,    

While on the subject sorry if anyone from here ventured over there the past few days and got shot down or kicked into touch.   There's a few weasels on there or some prone to over-reaction but isn't that the case with most fan forums wherever you find them.    It's obvious Mark Ashton has caused a divide or some hostility between both sets of supporters since coming in but after the Lincoln antics some weeks back he's kept something of a low profile.   A number of fans at ITFC remain sceptical as to his true intentions although the majority offer support and encouragement.  

Regards the new manager with us, I try to not to get too involved until an actual appointment has been made.    Largely hearsay and conjecture right now and I could reel off about 10 or 15 names seen linked in the last 24 hours but the most important thing they need to do is not make a hasty decision and give what will be a pivotal decision due care, time, and attention.     

• Like 15
  • Thanks 3

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/517646/so-cook-will-be-ashtons-fall-guy/#0

yes, from 11th September…

7 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

This. I said prior, with a CEO, it takes 2-3 years to start seeing results.

Coincidently, 2 to 3 years in to Ashton's reign is when it all started going tits up. I don't expect much change here for the next year, at a minimum.

• Like 3

Just now, Taz said:

He's like the uncle you only see at Christmas but never leave on his own  around anything valuable :disapointed2se:

I have visions of him being on something like Strictly. God alone knows what that would be like!

Mind you, if he was on I`m A Celebrity I might break the habit of a lifetime and actually watch it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1