IGNORED

The Office (UK): Ipswich Town edition

LondonBristolian

On 03/04/2022 at 01:16, fgrsimon said:

Oops! Nothing like a home defeat to Cambridge Utd for a chastening dose of hard reality. If Ipswich fail to make the L1 Play-Offs, it has to be seen as an abject failure whichever way you look at it. 

As long as he steals his ridiculous wage, he won't give a shit. He will just bleed the club dry, take credit for anything good then, when the cash dries up, he will move on to his next victim.

Good luck to Ipswich though, a top club.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, chinapig said:

I see they are 9th, 8 points off Sunderland in 6th having played a game more. Top 6 not looking likely but he will spin it as a personal triumph.

NEXT SEASON IS #OUR TIME (POSSIBLY BUT IF NOT IT'S SOMEBODY ELSE'S FAULT)

Deflect the focus of failure to the PA system and big screen!

There is no way they expected to miss out on playoffs…you can never assume automatic promo.  They may have got rid of lots of players, but not as many high earners went (Skuse) as came in.

He will have a degree of sympathy from fans that it’s Cook’s fault, and had he had McKenna they’d be in and amongst it.  Maybe, but his scattergun recruitment (again) will not be easily remedied.  I look forward to him shifting Joe Pigott on £8-10k, without contributing to his wages, especially after the season he’s had.

Their accounts for this season are probably 10 months away, so we won’t know the affect he’s had financially for some time yet.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Town chief executive Mark Ashton said: “The club would like to place on record its gratitude to Lee for his support over what has been a period of transition. Lee’s role has changed in several ways over the past year, and he felt it was the right time to pursue other opportunities.

Sounds like Swiss gradually removed anything to do with football operations from the job, and probably gave him menial tasks to force his hand: "Lee, the toilet in my exectutive office is blocked again ..."

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Town chief executive Mark Ashton said: “The club would like to place on record its gratitude to Lee for his support over what has been a period of transition. Lee’s role has changed in several ways over the past year, and he felt it was the right time to pursue other opportunities.

Sounds like Swiss gradually removed anything to do with football operations from the job, and probably gave him menial tasks to force his hand: "Lee, the toilet in my exectutive office is blocked again ..."

I am 110% sure that the departing Lee O'Neill drafted this paragraph of his leaving statement:

image.png.fd168bafffa17575667621acaec6d630.png

?

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

32 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

Or, we have successfully constructively dismissed him by messing him around until he’d had enough. 

• Like 2

On 10/04/2022 at 12:15, Silvio Dante said:

To lighten some of the doom from yesterday, mate of mine has sent me the Ipswich season ticket renewal letter.

Good to see Suffolk resident “Bobboblue” has had his complaints over the Tannoy heard.

9CD6D036-3FC5-4448-B650-9B34E238CD51.jpeg

I bet @Robbored has fired up the minibus for a trip to Ipswich just for the new PA system.

3 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

They can`t make the playoffs after losing at Rotherham just now.

10th now, having finished 9th last season.

McKenna made a bright start with 6 wins in opening 8 (no draws), but for a side who thought they’d still make play off the next 12 have seen 4 wins, 6 draws and 2 defeats.  

They can’t beat the sides above them.

Bakinson on the periphery of things first half when Ipswich on top, but little to be seen second half, bar tippy-tally fouls as Rotherham dominated.

They have a lot of work to do this summer, I bet Ashton can’t wait (kerching!).

Burns played well first half, Wolfenden v.useful too at the back, Walton v.good keeper at Lg1 level.

• Like 2

On 13/04/2022 at 23:06, Davefevs said:

Tomorrow:  Ipswich announce a promotion for Luke Werhun to whatever role his “relative” gives him!

It seems that might be one of the few promotions at Portman Road (or is it the Ashton Stadium now?) this season following today's result.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

McKenna made a bright start with 6 wins in opening 8 (no draws), but for a side who thought they’d still make play off the next 12 have seen 4 wins, 6 draws and 2 defeats.  

Bakinson on the periphery of things first half when Ipswich on top, but little to be seen second half, bar tippy-tally fouls as Rotherham dominated.

Burns played well first half, Wolfenden v.useful too at the back, Walton v.good keeper at Lg1 level.

Opinions on Bakinson sound familiar.... https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/533880/criminal-from-bakinson-there/#10

And it seems MA will have their blessing to fill his pockets, sorry, make more signings.....

• Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Pigott, Bonne and Chaplin starting on the bench. I wonder what the aggregate wages are for those 3? Not cheap for League 1 I suspect.

• Like 1
  • Flames 1

37 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Opinions on Bakinson sound familiar.... https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/533880/criminal-from-bakinson-there/#10

And it seems MA will have their blessing to fill his pockets, sorry, make more signings.....

I love their forum, basically a new thread for every touch a player makes or doesn’t make!!!

35 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Pigott, Bonne and Chaplin starting on the bench. I wonder what the aggregate wages are for those 3? Not cheap for League 1 I suspect.

Bonne on loan, but as you say not cheap.

As it happens, Conor Chaplin would t be a bad fit for us in a 433.  In a front 2 he’d be good in a high press too.

• Like 1