IGNORED

The Office (UK): Ipswich Town edition

LondonBristolian

14 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Luke is normally a sensible Ipswich fan:

I’ve read some IT fans suggesting Tyrese Campbell from Stoke, which I thought was pretty unlikely…but Jacob Brown!!! Lordy.

The reply back:- he’s really bought Ashton’s BS.

When does he expect them to sign Semenyo then? I assume Ashton has told him it's a done deal.?

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

I’ve read some IT fans suggesting Tyrese Campbell from Stoke, which I thought was pretty unlikely…but Jacob Brown!!! Lordy.

Tell them they can have Callum O'Dowda and Kasey Palmer if they want.

• Like 5
  • Robin 1

46 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Wow is he on about the same Conor Chaplin who was a bit part player for Barnsley, scoring a massive 4 goals last season?

I dislike Ipswich partly because of Ashton but partly because of their weirdo fans playing the big I am with absolutely zero reason

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

Swiss is already stockpiling players up there. It has all the hallmarks of his previous job………

Here’s a summary of their squad:

436E43D8-B677-411E-86D2-7F9F216CC4A9.thumb.jpeg.e3572899dcfa067e81e0d407b8674127.jpeg

quite interesting that some of the players signed permanently:

• Harper - 998 minutes - a signing influenced by Ashton / O’Leary “we must sign Harper” direct quote in an Ashton interview pre-season
  • Edwards - 1272 minutes (another West Brom connection)
  • Pigott - 1273 minutes
  • Hladky - 1260 minutes

they will have undoubtedly paid larger wages than expected for Lg1 and are stuck with them for 2 more seasons.  Shifting them to improve the squad will be difficult without them contributing to wages.  Pigott allegedly on £8-10k p.w.  I quite liked him, but having failed at Ipswich his stock is much lower than a year ago at Wimbledon.

We’ve already seen Tyrese Simpson say he doesn’t want to stay, Ipswich will have to exercise their option to avoid a young talent walking for nothing, pissed off at lack of opportunities having returned from Swindon loan in January.

With squad list restrictions, they will have less scope to improve the squad that some think.

All within 12 months the “Shitas” touch in full evidence.

Morsy, Burns and Walton - top signings….but you’d expect Cook’s influence on his two former Wigan players!

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Here’s a summary of their squad:

436E43D8-B677-411E-86D2-7F9F216CC4A9.thumb.jpeg.e3572899dcfa067e81e0d407b8674127.jpeg

quite interesting that some of the players signed permanently:

• Harper - 998 minutes - a signing influenced by Ashton / O’Leary “we must sign Harper” direct quote in an Ashton interview pre-season
  • Edwards - 1272 minutes (another West Brom connection)
  • Pigott - 1273 minutes
  • Hladky - 1260 minutes

they will have undoubtedly paid larger wages than expected for Lg1 and are stuck with them for 2 more seasons.  Shifting them to improve the squad will be difficult without them contributing to wages.  Pigott allegedly on £8-10k p.w.  I quite liked him, but having failed at Ipswich his stock is much lower than a year ago at Wimbledon.

We’ve already seen Tyrese Simpson say he doesn’t want to stay, Ipswich will have to exercise their option to avoid a young talent walking for nothing, pissed off at lack of opportunities having returned from Swindon loan in January.

With squad list restrictions, they will have less scope to improve the squad that some think.

All within 12 months the “Shitas” touch in full evidence.

So paying players so much you can't get rid of them when they fail. Sounds familiar.

• Flames 1

1) Whoever invented 32 year service awards? 
2) The ‘EFL’ isn’t 32 years old and Ashton hasn’t ‘worked’ in the EFL for 32 years. 
3) How many palms have been greased? 
4) Is it possible to despise one man so much! 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Harry said:

2) The ‘EFL’ isn’t 32 years old and Ashton hasn’t ‘worked’ in the EFL for 32 years. 

I take it there are many other recipients too….surely he’s not the only person who’s spent 32 years in football?

Answer to 4) yes

5) if he could lick his own balls would he?

answer: yes, 

Edited by Davefevs
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Gert Mare said:

F22F101D-9D62-4C2B-99CA-2C58F9F665A7.gif.f7adafb938243f6c03bcbf10987a3203.gif

The full version of that video has got to be one of the most cringieworthy things ever.

If you showed it to someone they'd probably assume Ipswich had just won the title...?

No, just promotion...?

No, made the play off's...?

No, sorry, what, won at Lincoln......FFS..!

Edited by glynriley
  • Like 5
  • Haha 5
  • Robin 1

1 hour ago, The Humble Realist said:

Someone should let the EFL know its only actually 27 years....he had a 5 year break from the game according to his own LinkedIn profile 

Screenshot_20220427-065117_LinkedIn.thumb.jpg.95874e887b57cd4fa0f4a02c01455664.jpg

Even Grove Life was “services to football”….providing transferred players with hotels, sorting their houses out, etc, etc.  you can see why he likes a transfer, another opportunity to skim some £s off of the top!!!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Harry said:

There wasn’t a vomit emoji. There aren’t enough words…