IGNORED

The Office (UK): Ipswich Town edition

LondonBristolian

5 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Reckon there is a pre arranged fee in the deal.

The fact that he’s started the last 9 suggests they are planning on him being with them next season, which is good news.

MA Definitely said there was an option to buy….don’t know obviously if any set terms.

54 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

13 points away from the play offs in the third league, **** me they are terrible 

You must have that wrong. I thought they had assembled the best squad ever at that level, surely winning the league by a record amount was a forgone conclusion.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, GrahamC said:

Reckon there is a pre arranged fee in the deal.

The fact that he’s started the last 9 suggests they are planning on him being with them next season, which is good news.

Their forum seems to like him overall, with the views best summed up by one who wanted him saying ‘One week he’s Pirlo. The next week Onslow’.

It's the same old thing he said when he was here, "we look at international markets", "we work hard" ect ect - it's all things fans want to hear. At no point is MA ever going to say I know the fans want me to do X but we're actually going to do Y, here is the reason why everyone else does X and here's why we think that's a worse idea than Y. The guy lacks depth of knowledge - or certainly doesn't show any in interviews.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Clevedon Red said:

One day we’ll move on from him. 

The reason the reptile is still the topic of conversation is because we are still experiencing the fall out from his time here and will do so next season and beyond such was his painful and costly impact

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Flames 5

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

He hasn’t changed the record at all………..same old same old waffle and hot air.

If I was a Tractor Boy I’d find those comments reassuring but I’m not and our experience of Smarmy Ashton tells us that he’s a charming fraud who talks a good game - a bluffer.

The Ipswich fans think he’s the best thing since sliced bread - I doubt they’ll have the same view in 18/12 or 2 years from now.

• Like 3
  • Flames 1

I couldn't do it, made it through the first clip with his usual PR shit, where he says this isn't PR shit, but no more.

Man it was hard enough listening when he was talking about my team, let alone the Tractor boys (don't Google that BTW ) from over by Norwich.

Just tried the link, it looks like it's going to work then disappeared. Mods ?

Edited by 1960maaan
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Robbored said:

He hasn’t changed the record at all………..same old same old waffle and hot air.

If I was a Tractor Boy I’d find those comments reassuring but I’m not and our experience of Smarmy Ashton tells us that he’s a charming fraud who talks a good game - a bluffer.

The Ipswich fans think he’s the best thing since sliced bread - I doubt they’ll have the same view in 18/12 or 2 years from now.

The big problem is that he costs clubs a lot of money - both in salary and in some of the clunkers he buys as "punts". There is always the suspicion of the old pocketing of brown envelopes as well.

If he was just smarmy and talked a lot of rollocks that wouldn't be so bad. Lots of people in football suffer from verbal diarrhoea. 

• Like 1