IGNORED

The Office (UK): Ipswich Town edition

LondonBristolian

54 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Was that his words?

If he’d said Paul Cook is a key player in the recruitment process, that would be better phrasing.

Hes a bit disingenuous when he says there were no Recruitment Dept when he arrived.

I screenshotted the set up when he joined.

14EFBBD1-5825-432D-8C34-26B7A66EAC34.thumb.jpeg.7419120cf2fbdd301f9cb0eb593687e7.jpeg

Bowman was McCarthy’s Recruitment / Chief Scout person.  Alex Hood is still there…under the new guy Sam Williams.

Spin, lies, spin.

Bowman might not have been who he wanted, but there was definitely something in place.

image.thumb.png.3a0518e137dc9c12cc492e69d4a9142b.png

He may have used an adjective like key, important and so on but what stands out is that he refers to "my recruitment team" as he did when he was with us.

Not "our" not " Paul's " recruitment team. Which rang alarm bells when he was here and to do the same with Ipswich fans but they seem to be lapping it up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

Was that his words?

If he’d said Paul Cook is a key player in the recruitment process, that would be better phrasing.

Hes a bit disingenuous when he says there were no Recruitment Dept when he arrived.

14EFBBD1-5825-432D-8C34-26B7A66EAC34.thumb.jpeg.7419120cf2fbdd301f9cb0eb593687e7.jpeg

Bowman was McCarthy’s Recruitment / Chief Scout person.  Alex Hood is still there…under the new guy Sam Williams.

Spin, lies, spin.

Bowman might not have been who he wanted, but there was definitely something in place.

Edited by slartibartfast

Was that his words?

Spin, lies, spin.

This Dave Bowman?

Was that his words?

Spin, lies, spin.

T

Edited by slartibartfast

With all due respect to the fine people of Arizona, before investing in Ipswich Town  the pension fund should have accepted the club's existing values. It has no right to impose its own values after making the investment, however large that investment may be. MA has dropped a bollock on this one. Surrounded as he is by yes men, nobody will ever tell him he has.

19 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Was just about to say I'd heard it here, I think it might have been LJ rather than him though.

Im sure you're right but as Ipswich are now using it I assume it "came from the top".

I used to think most of the issue in the LJ/MA  were with LJ but since they have gone to 2 separate clubs I am more and more convinced that it was 90% MA and LJ was just toeing the line.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, CyderInACan said:

Yeah they’re now owned by their pension fund! 

Running towards Adversity makes perfect sense when talking about Police officers, and I get that Ipswich are now effectively owned by their pension fund.

It however makes very little sense, when talking about a football team. It's probably unlikely that they will be running towards a violent and dangerous situation on the playing field.

A classic example of mixed messages getting completely misunderstood.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, NcnsBcfc said:

Running towards Adversity makes perfect sense when talking about Police officers, and I get that Ipswich are now effectively owned by their pension fund.

It however makes very little sense, when talking about a football team. It's probably unlikely that they will be running towards a violent and dangerous situation on the playing field.

A classic example of mixed messages getting completely misunderstood.

Quite. It’s corporate horseshit. And poorly crafted horseshit, at that. 

• Like 2
  • Flames 1

Makes my skin crawl with his bulls**t bluff , and transparent arse licking

i bet the police officers and firefighters in Phoenix are delighted by their money being ‘invested’ in Ipswich Town

No doubt they are already wowed by last years transfer business 

in days gone by , Roger Cook or World In Action would have a program on this bloke

• Like 4
  • Flames 3

35 minutes ago, Club and Country said:

Only watched 30 seconds, as with here, has far too much control over all aspects at Ipswich and it will end in tears

I can’t be arsed to watch it.  He’s living rent free in my head, that’s enough for me ???

• Haha 1