IGNORED

The Office (UK): Ipswich Town edition

LondonBristolian

3 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

I’m in BS3 and it is also scorchio 

It's bloody ridiculous is what it is :) It's not even officially Summer until next week. I've already moved the start of my daily walk from 9am to 7am and I wore a hat today. I'm still holding off on the suntan lotion because I'm British.

• Haha 1
  • Flames 1

2 hours ago, Northern Red said:

They're in a similar position to where we were last summer, a load out of contract with a new manager wanting to change the culture whilst having to reduce costs.

Yes I agree. They have fallen more than we have in the past few years, from premiership, to playoffs then not getting them for past couple of seasons. Will be interesting to see if they soar, float or sink

• Like 1

On 17/06/2022 at 16:37, Sleepy1968 said:

It's bloody ridiculous is what it is :) It's not even officially Summer until next week. I've already moved the start of my daily walk from 9am to 7am and I wore a hat today. I'm still holding off on the suntan lotion because I'm British.

Knotted hankie next? ?

On 17/06/2022 at 08:54, Rudolf Hucker said:

Nor me. 

On 17/06/2022 at 09:11, glynriley said:

I'm sure if you ask him nicely...

7 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

If you ask him nicely…

What were you saying the other day about "be quick or be original"...? :whistle:

• Haha 1

Nosing at the forum , there’s a thread on this , and a few are seeing through him

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/537042/mark-ashton-signing-autographs-today/#35

Could be worse, it wouldn't surprise me if the wannabe had a load of signed photos in his pocket next time. He's not football staff, should be nowhere near the pitch. The home boardroom and director's box are his domain at an away game. Never saw a CEO in those sticker books you could get, players and at most the manager. He'll be getting a suit sponsor and a centrespread in the programme next.

* I understand ‘Churchman’ from their forum held the queue for autographs up , for 35 mins as he wanted 51 autographs (One for each of the family apparently) 

Edited by Sheltons Army
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Sheltons Army said:

Nosing at the forum , there’s a thread on this , and a few are seeing through him

https://www.twtd.co.uk/forum/537042/mark-ashton-signing-autographs-today/#35

Could be worse, it wouldn't surprise me if the wannabe had a load of signed photos in his pocket next time. He's not football staff, should be nowhere near the pitch. The home boardroom and director's box are his domain at an away game. Never saw a CEO in those sticker books you could get, players and at most the manager. He'll be getting a suit sponsor and a centrespread in the programme next.

Just about to post the same thing. Still in favour with the majority, but the geneal feeling of him being a saviour is starting to change. The David Brent comment got me.

1 minute ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

They`ll learn in time and I hope they still have a club to support at the end of it.

Mind you, he`ll be long gone before it all collapses as it inevitably will.

The way the Americans are , and the s*** that they lap up , he will slide off to the States 

.......and will become CEO for the MLS in 10 years time

• Like 1

Just now, Sheltons Army said:

The way the Americans are , and the s*** that they lap up , he will slide off to the States 

.......and will become CEO for the MLS in 10 years time

I must admit when he got his foot in the door at the EFL I thought he would end up blagging his way to running it - maybe they saw through him in time?

Pension Fund not releasing much in the way of transfer funds are they?

image.thumb.jpeg.ebdcf24306de02271a94f9653040b966.jpeg
Suspect he’s feeling the heat again.  Free transfers, re-contracting Kayden Jackson.  Hopefully it’s because McKenna has targeted them, but when you see them trying to rid of the keeper they signed last summer (Hladky from Salford) but insisting on a fee from Aberdeen, you realise financially they went mad last season.  Now Aberdeen have picked up Roos from Derby, so they are stuck with Hladky as back up to Walton.  Looking forward to who will want Pigott on £10k p.w. I think he’s alright, but they overpaid for him.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Lanterne Rouge said:

I must admit when he got his foot in the door at the EFL I thought he would end up blagging his way to running it - maybe they saw through him in time?

You can actually see it can’t you - There’s people , that lap b****** up like nodding dogs, in many walks of life

In my career I saw a fair few bluff their way up and up

And the Americans are absolute suckers for his type

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Davefevs said:

Pension Fund not releasing much in the way of transfer funds are they?

image.thumb.jpeg.ebdcf24306de02271a94f9653040b966.jpeg
Suspect he’s feeling the heat again.  Free transfers, re-contracting Kayden Jackson.  Hopefully it’s because McKenna has targeted them, but when you see them trying to rid of the keeper they signed last summer (Hladky from Salford) but insisting on a fee from Aberdeen, you realise financially they went mad last season.  Now Aberdeen have picked up Roos from Derby, so they are stuck with Hladky as back up to Walton.  Looking forward to who will want Pigott on £10k p.w. I think he’s alright, but they overpaid for him.

Archie Garnham is Chair of the Arizona First Responders Pension Funds

• Haha 1