IGNORED

The Office (UK): Ipswich Town edition

LondonBristolian

7 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Ipswich look well off the pace today

As just about the only poster on OTIB thinking we are still on the very outer edge of the play off race, this would be a very bad resultΒ 

Really πŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆπŸ™ˆ.Β 
im ever the optimist but play offs , that will all be undone after todays result no doubt πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

17 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

A lot yes. Quick scan of the articles shows fairly common private equity terms, which will certainly be supplemented by a private shareholders agreement.

Interesting to see that Probert, Rolls, and of course Ashton all got issued Growth Shares, which they can sell to club in certain circumstances - most likely a full sale - for a whack of cash.

Edited by ExiledAjax

5 minutes ago, redkev said:

Sorry can’t take the east anglia ( fierce) rivalry seriously with middle aged men stood up singing in bright yellow shirts πŸ™ˆ

Yeah much rather see our lot with their washed out yellow shirts

6 minutes ago, redkev said:

Sorry can’t take the east anglia ( fierce) rivalry seriously with middle aged men stood up singing in bright yellow shirts πŸ™ˆ

I dunno..Some past games perhaps moreso. Quick search gave me this from 2011.

https://www.lowestoftjournal.co.uk/news/22915628.arrests-made-east-anglian-derby-game/

Edited by Mr Popodopolous

2 minutes ago, Markthehorn said:

Ipswich got us next ..

Probably get the backlash .

Hard to say really. Watford to me from the outside seem like or have seemed like one of those unpredictable midtable sides..you drew with Leeds the other week.

Like Middlesbrough at Home who they (Ipswich) also play, could be a banana skin for a side with pressure on like Ipswich.

51 from 21...

36 from 20.

I went too early on Easter Monday when they turned it around vs Southampton but are they being found out a bit.

They haven't still hadΒ thatΒ many injuries to the spine, which rather goes against the law of averages in a League like this.

Knew Norwich would be right up for it, like a City Rovers game & they will absolutely love it if that’s what stops them getting automatic promotion.

Think top six is sorted now, Norwich are on a great run, West Brom very consistent & everyone above too far ahead 7th.

4 Parachute club and one long term but no longer Parachure club in the top 6 atm.

Ipswich are either spending somewhat more than we can imagine or have put a once in a generation season on middling or top 10 resources...by which I mean competing with a) 3 First year Parachute clubs and b) 3 of the larger clubs to drop at once to this level in modern times.

11 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Yeh Ipswich have one of, if not the, toughest final 6 games in the division, starting today.

Huddersfield on the last day is their only cushy game left.

That game wont be easy if Huddersfield need something out of it to stay up

4 hours ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Hard to say really. Watford to me from the outside seem like or have seemed like one of those unpredictable midtable sides..you drew with Leeds the other week.

Like Middlesbrough at Home who they (Ipswich) also play, could be a banana skin for a side with pressure on like Ipswich.

Well we definitely went back into normal mode today .

Very passive and slow against a negative PNE side .

13 minutes ago, Maltshoveller said:

So having to play a team fighting to stay up wont be a hard game?

I just reckon the idea that playing teams down the bottom towards the end of the season is notably hard is a bit of a myth.Β 

Same as the "new manager bounce", or the idea that you'd rather play relegated PL teams in August over promoted L1 teams, or that signing a striker in January is a good idea.

I've not looked at it in detail but the very fact that "great escapes" are so rare suggests to me that shit teams are shit, and they stay shit right to the end of the season.

So yeh my hypothesis is that Huddersfield are shit, were shit in December, and will be shit on the last day as well.