IGNORED

The Office (UK): Ipswich Town edition

LondonBristolian

Their forum lays all the blame at Paul Cook.

Although one or two are starting ask Qs about which ones were Cook signings and which ones were Ashton’s, especially the ones that don’t fit Cook’s de facto 4231.

image.thumb.png.52992b92b529ee5e8845b2fa702b0bac.png

There’s a decent gap to the playoffs, and some relative big hitters above them.  This is gonna be a weird Lg1 this season where there could be serious repercussions for a few teams that don’t go up.  Only 3 can!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

Possibly not, but Mighty oaks from little acorns grow

That may be the case. I would hazard a guess that its more likely this random guy has no internal knowledge of team selection within Ipswich and we've jumped on the bandwagon. I just find it slightly weird the negative obsession with MA. Reminds me of the droves of bitter Barnsley fans who wanted nothing more than our downfall because of LJ.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

That may be the case. I would hazard a guess that its more likely this random guy has no internal knowledge of team selection within Ipswich and we've jumped on the bandwagon. I just find it slightly weird the negative obsession with MA. Reminds me of the droves of bitter Barnsley fans who wanted nothing more than our downfall because of LJ.

I don't find it weird…I'm not obsessed but he, IMO, did untold damage to this club (with permission).

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Although one or two are starting ask Qs about which ones were Cook signings and which ones were Ashton’s, especially the ones that don’t fit Cook’s de facto 4231.

There’s a decent gap to the playoffs, and some relative big hitters above them.  This is gonna be a weird Lg1 this season where there could be serious repercussions for a few teams that don’t go up.  Only 3 can!

We know what we think happened in BS3 but as you say, Ipswich fans in the main love Ashton & see anyone from the West Country pointing this out as simply bitter & they are blaming Cook.

I do think we have to all move on now, many of us believe he screwed us over & left Pearson (& to be fair Holden before him) a pretty shit deal.

However the exodus of staff to Suffolk has presumably ceased & we need to rebuild.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Some big hitters at that level , League one was never an easy league to get out of anyway even harder these days!

Edited by bris red

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I’m looking forward to their recruitment in January.  Brought in 20 first teamers in the summer, yet want more.  Some of those in the summer aren’t getting minutes, gonna be worse by end of January.  Scattergun!

The quote below is from an interview with him in September, saying he hopes that by January he will have put in place a larger recruitment department. 

“I can see, by Christmas, us having four or five people in that recruitment department who are both data driven and scouting driven.   

“They have to be of a certain type who understands what I want and what Paul wants and who can work with us to prepare plans for the future.”

Note he specifically says “what I want”.  No, it should be what Paul Cook wants. 

My only hope from this quote is that he would take Gilhespy and his gang up there ?

Edited by Harry
  • Like 4
  • Flames 1

1 minute ago, Harry said:

The quote below is from an interview with him in September, saying he hopes that by January he will have put in place a larger recruitment department. 

“I can see, by Christmas, us having four or five people in that recruitment department who are both data driven and scouting driven.   

“They have to be of a certain type who understands what I want and what Paul wants and who can work with us to prepare plans for the future.”

Note he specifically says “what I want”.  No, it should be what Paul Cook wants. 

My only hope from this quote is that he would take Gilhespy and his gang up there ?

I read it at the time and picked up on that exact point.

• Like 3