IGNORED

2021/22 Matchday No. 1 - Bristol City v. Blackpool

10 minutes ago, BCFCGav said:

COYR. Feel like a kid on Christmas morning (complete with being awake way too sodding early).

Must admit all week I’ve been underwhelmed about this season. But this morning at 41 I’ve woken up with excitement as to what tho season will being. Football eh!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, daored said:

Must admit all week I’ve been underwhelmed about this season. But this morning at 41 I’ve woken up with excitement as to what tho season will being. Football eh!!

Something about ‘the day of’. Brings all the match day feelings rushing back. Just hope it makes the weekend and doesn’t ruin it ??

• Like 1
7 hours ago, CyderInACan said:

Well.  Here we are. The first game of the season. The first game for nearly 18 months that we’ve been allowed to go to. A game that not only marks the return of fans to AG for football but a day that will see us all pay our respects to a (breathe) hero, legend; saviour of this football club. Terry Cooper we salute you, you’ll always be a part of the story of the rebirth and journey of Bristol City. And for that we’ll be eternally grateful  

It’s gonna be a brave punter to predict the outcome of this game. Surely all we can ask for is to look solid. Be committed. And give us something to cheer. 

City 2-1 Blackpool 

Well I wish I was there today on this special occasion. It will be very emotional for all. I wish all you City fans attending today a fantastic day back together watching our great team. 

Be safe, be happy, drink some cider and make some noise so I can hear you all in OZ.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Morning all. Been taking a break from the forum, and football really, during the pandemic. Football in empty stadiums didn’t feel like it counted to me. But I’ll be back today with my son one side of me and my dad the other, and I can’t wait. COYR! 

Good on ya Chip Red. Have a great day

• Thanks 1
36 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Team prediction 

Bentley

Vyner.  Baker. Atkinson. Dasilva

James. King

Weimann.  Scott.  O’Dowda

Martin 

Subs

O’Leary, Simpson, Kalas, Williams, Bell, Palmer, Wells

I agree with this starting 11, I did hear that Palmer might have a niggle that means 90 might be beyond him. Assume the bench isn't far off either.

3 hours ago, BCFCGav said:

COYR. Feel like a kid on Christmas morning (complete with being awake way too sodding early).

Did you have a tangerine, a wrinkly apple, a Woolworth’s cap gun and sugar mice in your stocking?

14 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Thank Bob we were or else we would be contemplating how tough League 1 is going to be this season. 

.... and facing Mark Ashton’s Ipswich! :shocking: