IGNORED

2021/22 Matchday No. 1 - Bristol City v. Blackpool

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Have we actually started a game with both Wells and Martin in pre season?

It will be 4 2 3 1.

Just because there will be 2 people in the centre circle to kick off, doesn't mean we are playing 2 up front for 90 minutes.

Well we all seam to be football experts. Looks like 4 at the back is we all agree on. Who cares realy as long as we win right 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Have we actually started a game with both Wells and Martin in pre season?

Irrelevant 

Just because there will be 2 people in the centre circle to kick off, doesn't mean we are playing 2 up front for 90 minutes.

Ummm………that’s what I’ve been saying…………….:cool2:

• Haha 2
9 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Makes 24 hours to Tulsa seem like a short walk!

Believe it or not I don’t think we’ve played 4231 in pre-season apart from perhaps Exeter (a) when Scott played off of Wells.

Weimann partnered Martin in a 442 v Celtic.

Palmer played very close (almost as another striker) to Martin v Pompey, Plymouth and Villa (I called it a 4411).

Conway partnered Wells in a 442 v MK Dons.

At the end of the day it doesn’t matter, but when we see 4231 we often think it’s 2 holding midfielders.  James isn’t naturally a holding / defensive midfielder, he likes to burst forward.  King certainly isn’t, although his opportunity to join the attack (Leicester days) might be slightly diminished in a City side.  So I don’t see the central two being classed as the en vogue double pivot that gets mis-used by people.

So I expect City to be more fluid under what Robbored describes as 4 defenders, 4 midfielders and 2 forwards.

As you say a 4-2-3-1/4-4-1-1/4-3-3 are relatively interchangeable, describing it as 4-2-3-1 is my lazy shorthand to prevent having to write that out each time!

My main point though is I can't see us playing Wells/Martin together as a traditional front 2 as RR was suggesting.

7 minutes ago, City oz said:

"see how things go" what covert or if City starts winning 

Presume you meant Covid, as I’m not that embarrassed to support City! My lad is in the vulnerable category. So we are just going to see how things develop & go from there. Certainly won’t have anything to do with City starting to win, can never rely on that! COYR 

Looking forward to being back at the gate in a couple of hours for the first time in ages.  Sad that we've lost TC and quite a few fans to the pandemic (perhaps some kind of tribute to them?).

Hoping to see a rejuvenated City, but worried that it might look like just a continuation of the end of last season.  We live in hope though.

We really need to be up for this one as Blackpool certainly will be for their first game in the Championship.

Score predictiion 2-1 City with Martin & Weimann getting one each and that bloke that we were apparently interested in (forgotten his name now) getting theirs.

32 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

Makes 24 hours to Tulsa seem like a short walk!

Believe it or not I don’t think we’ve played 4231 in pre-season apart from perhaps Exeter (a) when Scott played off of Wells.

Weimann partnered Martin in a 442 v Celtic.

Palmer played very close (almost as another striker) to Martin v Pompey, Plymouth and Villa (I called it a 4411).

Conway partnered Wells in a 442 v MK Dons.

At the end of the day it doesn’t matter, but when we see 4231 we often think it’s 2 holding midfielders.  James isn’t naturally a holding / defensive midfielder, he likes to burst forward.  King certainly isn’t, although his opportunity to join the attack (Leicester days) might be slightly diminished in a City side.  So I don’t see the central two being classed as the en vogue double pivot that gets mis-used by people.

So I expect City to be more fluid under what Robbored describes as 4 defenders, 4 midfielders and 2 forwards.

You do realise that you’ve made Robbored think he knows what he’s talking about?

• Haha 4
37 minutes ago, Simon79 said:

Won’t be there today as I’ve chosen to see how things go before getting back to the Gate. But enjoy the day to anyone who is going & stay safe. Hopefully getting off to a great start for what will be an interesting season. Will be emotional on quite a few fronts, first time Ashton Gate will have fans for a league game in such a long time & of course, the memory of TC. So with that in mind I’m going for a 3-0 City win, bringing back memories of that brilliant day in ‘86’. Enjoy everyone. COYR 

Thanks for posting my thoughts for me.

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Hoping to see a rejuvenated City, but worried that it might look like just a continuation of the end of last season.  We live in hope though.

Rome wasn't built in a day & as such we genuinely need to show patience,, restraint & belief in what Nigel is slowly putting into place..........

I have no doubt a less than solid showing today with nil poi & otib will move to meltdown mode!!

20 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

We’re going to wear them in the concourse. I believe that’s what the club has requested.

There is no requirement to have a mask on anywhere in the ground, if you want to that's a matter of personal choice, at the friendly last week most people didn't have masks on 

1 minute ago, winsaw said:

There is no requirement to have a mask on anywhere in the ground, if you want to that's a matter of personal choice, at the friendly last week most people didn't have masks on 

Agreed. Wearing/not wearing a mask is not some form of statement - people should do whatever they feel comfortable with.  Not going today but if I was, I'd be wearing a mask. 

• Like 3

Have I missed something here, our Hungarian midfield maestro who played against France, Germany and Portugal and performed very well, is not considered for the starting X1 or even on the bench.

If that is correct the only conclusion one can make assuming his fitness, is that he will soon be on his way in the very near future.

Every cloud and all that so if Nagy leaves we can expect a new signing fairly soon.