IGNORED

2021/22 Matchday No. 1 - Bristol City v. Blackpool

2 minutes ago, winsaw said:

There is no requirement to have a mask on anywhere in the ground, if you want to that's a matter of personal choice, at the friendly last week most people didn't have masks on 

That's exactly what he has said? It's his personal choice to follow what the club are advising. The club state:

"We encourage you to use face coverings when moving around internal areas.

Feel free to wear face coverings in your seat" 

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, winsaw said:

There is no requirement to have a mask on anywhere in the ground, if you want to that's a matter of personal choice, at the friendly last week most people didn't have masks on 

You are of course correct, I think the club used the phrase ‘ encourage people to wear masks in & around the concourse’. Personally I would. COYR 

Going for 2-0 today.

Hopefully, as a newly promoted side it will take Blackpool a few games to get up to speed, it can be a big step up from L1 for some.

I'd forgotten how much my mood an a Saturday evening depends on the result.

Several games before the end of last season it stopped happening, when our loss was almost a foregone conclusion, but we weren't going to go down.

But now there is the hope again, please City, don't crush it today! 

If there was but one positive from the debacle that was last season it's that expectations will be cosiderably lowered. There are no easy games in this league and we have to compete. Now with a proper manager on board and a lot o the dead wood cleared we should see the start of the turnaround.

2:0 City. Martin & Wells.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Jerseybean said:

Two bold assertions coming up…

1) There will be not one single FFS on this thread today

2) The number of FFS on OTIB will significantly decline under NPs management

Just a mo, sorry about that there were two blokes in white coats at the front door

COYR

FFS. You lose!

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Teams announced in a few minutes.  I have to say that I don't have a clue as to what the starting 11 is likely to be or the formation, so the teamsheet will be an interesting one.

For some reason, I am expecting the friendlies to be a bit of a red herring and that the formation and team we use in the first game is one we will have been using in training but not in matches. This could, of course, be me talking nonsense.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Have I missed something here, our Hungarian midfield maestro who played against France, Germany and Portugal and performed very well, is not considered for the starting X1 or even on the bench.

If that is correct the only conclusion one can make assuming his fitness, is that he will soon be on his way in the very near future.

Every cloud and all that so if Nagy leaves we can expect a new signing fairly soon.

Maestro's a reach but fair point 

1 minute ago, siuk101 said:

Nagy on his way out? 

We shall see at the end of August. He had to force his way in last year and did so. I would have picked him but the fact is we were not good enough in midfield last season so understand the rationale for three new faces there.

Weirdly, given our limited transfer business, Bentley and Vyner are the only two players starting that were regularly playing in our abysmal second half of last season. Shows how bad our injury crisis was that five starters are players at the club last season who Pearson could barely work with.