IGNORED

2021/22 Matchday No. 1 - Bristol City v. Blackpool

We looked goot at times with some positive mentality but against a worse side and against a side which defended and treated us with respect in the first half. When they tried to play they got it that we are not that much better.

Secons half except a 10 min pressure we were nothing near top 15.

I won't expect more from this season, I won't watch games anymore cause I have my evening ruined. I will start to watch if I see wins in a row on the website live table.

Let's hope we won't relegate, Blackpool for sure will.

That's a sucker punch. Reasonably comfortable performance, room for improvement of course but i like what i saw in the main.

Goals may continue to be a problem though. Wells and Martin adequate but i think we need a strong, pacey type to compliment the effort being put in off the ball.

We look far more organised and focused in our play than we have in a long time, just need more edge up top.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Jerseybean said:

Most obviously we always needed a second goal to be sure. 

Pros - our energy and shape especially in the first half, created several good chances, AS and SB being trusted

Cons - it looked like they might sneak one and so late on they did, us not hitting the target with good chances (COD and AW in particular), COD getting injured early on 

Thought we might just make it a home win and a clean sheet, but hey we are Bristol City! 

Our best bet for the season is keeping clean sheets given we don't have goals in us.

Sadly we still look like a scared team when the pressure is on. Nigel isn't going to change that mentality overnight.

• Like 1

I don't understand how experienced players like King and James completely lost all control of the middle of the pitch for those last 20 mins, and didn't show any leadership capability at all in terms of getting the lads to calm our heads, find feet with our passing. Most of that 2nd half was scrappy as hell and we should be showing basic Championship know how of seeing that game out, especially with the experience still in our team. 

Resorting to scruffy long punts up the pitch again, no direction in our play. What have they learnt in pre-season or do these players just not know how to learn and improve as a collective outfit? I'm gonna question Pearson's subs here too as watching Martin flogged dry was painful, and we were crying out for Wells from around 60-70 mins. Also not sure why our back line was so high at times when it has the collective pace of a pissed up party of slugs. 

That feels like a loss given how late that was, but everyone could see that it was coming from that last 10-15. We just cannot keep the ball, string 4-5 passes together and take the sting out the game. 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, BanburyRed said:

Well that's disappointing but some bloody doom mongers on here. Let's have it right, plenty of chances to have this game out of sight, more chances in one game than most of last season put together, a late sucker punch, Blackpool were dogshit. We'll be absolutely fine this season based on that.

Plenty of chances because as you put it Blackpool are doomed and completely dogshit,not sure how you think we will be fine but I do but that’s just my heart hoping there is one more team worse than us

1 minute ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

So been out working, same old same old?? 

Well done for Alex Scott, 

As for the rest. Is there much in the way of change?? 

Performance was ok I thought, was in control of the game and lack of concentration in 92nd and we **** it up. Play like that every week and we'll be fine this season

• Like 4