IGNORED

Robins TV again

Red DNA

When I’ve logged in the site says I’ve no current subscription, so click on join now and it takes you to a page to buy audio passes only ?.
On another page it says I’ve no active subscription, so I try updating my billing details (to be sure they’re correct) logging in and that fails for some 404 reason.
Then I try inputting my card details manually (same card as I use on PayPal) rather than PayPal, which takes me back to Join the Action - audio pass only ???

Why has it got to be so difficult to spend money with this club?

Maybe I just can’t handle the IT anymore and I should ask Matron to help! ?

Anyone else having issues with the site today as well as me?

3 minutes ago, Johnny Musicworks said:

It’s only available to users outside the UK now as it was before the pandemic. Some mid week games (if not on Sky) will be shown.

I’m not outside the UK and watched numerous games before the pandemic.

If what you say is correct and the IT knows where I am why doesn’t the website put that up as an error rather than just sending you around in an endless loop?

3 minutes ago, Red DNA said:

I’m not outside the UK and watched numerous games before the pandemic.

If what you say is correct and the IT knows where I am why doesn’t the website put that up as an error rather than just sending you around in an endless loop?

It is just offering you what is available. If you were watching pre-pandemic, you'd have needed to be abroad, or 'abroad'. 

During pandemic, being in the UK was fine.

Now, once again, you either need to be abroad, or..... 'abroad' ?

1 minute ago, Kempson said:

Thanks, its my friends first time abroad and he hasn't grasped time zones properly yet.

Ok. So firstly is it sunny? It needs to be sunny for this to work. Now, go outside and put a stick where the top of your shadow falls.

Stand still.

Wait for as long as it takes for your shadow to move 1/24th of a full circle around you.

Now mark that new spot with a stick.

Have a beer.

Go inside and do some rough trigonometry whilst sat in a cool dark room.

You should now have a number. Multiply it by Pi.

That's your kick off time.

Happy to help.

Jokes aside. Use this site timeanddate.com

2 minutes ago, Kempson said:

Thanks, its my friends first time abroad and he hasn't grasped time zones properly yet.

Your ‘friend’ will need to set his payment currency for the video pass subscription to Euros or whatever country he’s currently in otherwise it might not work…?

1 hour ago, Gazred said:

Nope, pay with your usual card, should be fine.

Gutted, my laptop plus iPad has a company VPN and when ever I go onto Robins TV it only gives me the audio option. Tried my wife’s who also has a company VPN and she gets the same options. 
Old fashioned radio Briz for me.
Only wanted today’s as I’m in isolation so can’t go today. 

5 minutes ago, Red DNA said:

Your ‘friend’ will need to set his payment currency for the video pass subscription to Euros or whatever country he’s currently in otherwise it might not work…?

He shouldn't need to do that. I live abroad. Really, I really actually do. I use my UK address and UK bank account to pay in £ every year. It's just the IP address that needs to be foreign.

16 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

Ok. So firstly is it sunny? It needs to be sunny for this to work. Now, go outside and put a stick where the top of your shadow falls.

Stand still.

Wait for as long as it takes for your shadow to move 1/24th of a full circle around you.

Now mark that new spot with a stick.

Have a beer.

Go inside and do some rough trigonometry whilst sat in a cool dark room.

You should now have a number. Multiply it by Pi.

That's your kick off time.

Happy to help.

Jokes aside. Use this site timeanddate.com

I think he did it wrong, 6 beers deep and I'm embarrassed to tell you where the stick ended up.

Somebody call my friend a foreign ambulance. ? He is "abroad".

3 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

He shouldn't need to do that. I live abroad. Really, I really actually do. I use my UK address and UK bank account to pay in £ every year. It's just the IP address that needs to be foreign.

Quite right!   I always use PayPal, which is linked to my offshore sterling account and I don't have a problem when I pay for a TV match. That's not often as I usually go for the monthly audio feed.

Archived