IGNORED

coverage on radio

Langford Red

I will try and remember everything about football radio coverage

No BBC local radio station is allowed to broadcast any of the three  EFL football leagues commentaries over the internet.

Although talksport 2 and the main channel is.

This means on Friday week you will be able to listen to the City v swansea game on Talksport 2 over the internet,BUT not Radio Bristol over the internet

Any one who lives from Minehead Westwards towards Ilfracombe will be able to pick radio wales on the radio as well as using Wales freeview channel ???

If you have no other option Yeovils games CAN be broadcast over the internet, and SOMETIMES they give score up dates on City and the other lots scores.

If we are playing at the same time as the other lot, the away team will be on freeview 719 and 94:9 and possible freeview 722

This is why I have banged on about getting a local freeview aerial installed,at least you will Bristol City radio commentary in crystal clear Mono every two weeks

So this weekend we will be on 94:9 and freeview channel 719(and I hope on 95:5 and freeview channel 722?

14 minutes ago, David Brent said:

Sorry if it’s obvious but what’s the reason for games not allowed to be broadcast on radio Bristol online?

I've always thought it was because they sell the coverage back to clubs to play through things like RobinsTV. 

1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

I will try and remember everything about football radio coverage

No BBC local radio station is allowed to broadcast any of the three  EFL football leagues commentaries over the internet.

Although talksport 2 and the main channel is.

This means on Friday week you will be able to listen to the City v swansea game on Talksport 2 over the internet,BUT not Radio Bristol over the internet

Any one who lives from Minehead Westwards towards Ilfracombe will be able to pick radio wales on the radio as well as using Wales freeview channel ???

If you have no other option Yeovils games CAN be broadcast over the internet, and SOMETIMES they give score up dates on City and the other lots scores.

If we are playing at the same time as the other lot, the away team will be on freeview 719 and 94:9 and possible freeview 722

This is why I have banged on about getting a local freeview aerial installed,at least you will Bristol City radio commentary in crystal clear Mono every two weeks

So this weekend we will be on 94:9 and freeview channel 719(and I hope on 95:5 and freeview channel 722?

I'm still using a crystal set. What is it on that?

I think back in the redifusion days(ask your grand parents)

Radio Bristol was cabled into homes 

due to poor reception in low lying area of Bristol using an aerial.

The local BBC radio stations in your area have only been on freeview for only a few years.

Having said that,I was surprised the football commentarys were allowed on the freeview platform,I was expecting there to be a block on the radio commentary's

One of the daytime radio Bristol presenter said earlier that they were back on the internet after being ‘geoblocked’ throughout the Olympics due to the risk of any comments about the games breaching rights somewhere in the world, so sound of the city may be back next week. 

20 minutes ago, Parkwaymom said:

One of the daytime radio Bristol presenter said earlier that they were back on the internet after being ‘geoblocked’ throughout the Olympics due to the risk of any comments about the games breaching rights somewhere in the world, so sound of the city may be back next week. 

Yes I heard Geoff answer this question and said it was a temporary block while the Olympics were on 

Archived