IGNORED

When will fans turn against Nige

Top Robin

Clearly we all want him to do well, but there will come a time when the fans will start to turn on him if things go wrong.

OK he had a dreadful squad last season but I thought some of his tactics and team selections were a bit off the mark and it could have been better I feel.

Today was an improvement but then the old problems came back and just from a few reactions on here, it is clear that some fans are getting a bit frustrated.

I recon that around 5 games should give an idea what he is capable of doing with a team mainly created by himself.

3 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Clearly we all want him to do well, but there will come a time when the fans will start to turn on him if things go wrong.

OK he had a dreadful squad last season but I thought some of his tactics and team selections were a bit off the mark and it could have been better I feel.

Today was an improvement but then the old problems came back and just from a few reactions on here, it is clear that some fans are getting a bit frustrated.

I recon that around 5 games should give an idea what he is capable of doing with a team mainly created by himself.

I think he is a bit over rated but you cannot say this squad has been mainly created by himself

6 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Any sane fan will realise it will take any manager quite a while to turn it around completely.  Unless we are looking likely to be relegated, it would be naive to sack him or for fans to turn against him.  

Rome wasn’t built in a day. Most supporters know that.

Anyone expecting anything other than a tough season given the car crash NP inherited and the lack of cash to put it right is in for a shock. 

Today was better than virtually all of the turgid shit served up last season, IMO. 

Feels like a lot of fans don't really understand where the team is right now.  It's going to be a season spent nearer the bottom than the top.  Between 12-15th with signs of progression will be good and then improve again next season.  This forum may well be a place to stay away from considering the reaction to one point in our first game of the season today! 

2 minutes ago, nellie said:

This season was all about consolidating and rebuilding after the utter shit shambles he inherited 

And this is what a lot of supporters still not get grips with. Pearson has came out and said it will take 3 years to challenge. 

I honestly believe most do not understand how bad of a squad Pearson took over. I will happily take 21st right now if offered to me. Buckle up because it will be a very long season. 

Way too many reactionaries tonight on here ? 

We will be fine this season.

Playing teams just promoted is a tricky one, ask Preston.

Controlled most of the game. 

Better than last season. James, King, Scott, Atkinson new to the team all looked good.

We are not of top 6 quality and nor are we going to be relegation fodder. 

It's a long old season, we won our first 4 last season and got nowhere very fast. Performances are key early on, we need to build up momentum in our performances 

Fans need to be patient. It's been a strange 18 months and he's inherited a weak and unbalanced side.

I'm a believer in the Gary Johnson theory of blocks of 10. It'll take 10 games to see where we are. 

Probably won't be able to truly tell until October/November to see how good or bad we are. 

Christ it’s concerning we’re even discussing this. 3 year project, which we are one game deep into. Massive improvements on last season today, just a gut punch of an ending. We saw enough today to show we aren’t the team of last season already. 3 year project, be patient.

16 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Are you looking for permission or something?

I don’t understand what is wrong with some of you!

Plenty have posted on a thread saying where they expect us to finish and the consensus is around half way, but some understanding that there is rebuilding to do. We play reasonably well, but lose a late goal and some are wanting to turn on the manager. Grow up, and realise that the other team are trying to win / stop us, so it will not be easy. 
We didn’t quite get what we deserved today but 45 games to go. Keep the faith FFS.

rant over

Too many looking at the result and not the context of performance. We don't lose concentration in the last 30 seconds, we win 1-0 and we all say it's a solid start. We didn't and now we are apparentely in a relegation scrap.

Hilarious

6 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Im pretty much there with pearson, he is living off of what he did at leicester, but his record here is shambolic, but i suppose he can bitch at gregor when we keep losing to show how tough he is.

I would have said it was shambles when he came here  And to expect him to turn it around in 7 months is totally unrealistic. I really cannot understand what you expect with a minimal transfer budget and the squad he inherited. 

2 minutes ago, HappyClapper said:

I don’t understand what is wrong with some of you!

Plenty have posted on a thread saying where they expect us to finish and the consensus is around half way, but some understanding that there is rebuilding to do. We play reasonably well, but lose a late goal and some are wanting to turn on the manager. Grow up, and realise that the other team are trying to win / stop us, so it will not be easy. 
We didn’t quite get what we deserved today but 45 games to go. Keep the faith FFS.

rant over

Exactly.  As Pearson said in his pre-match, that's football and we have to deal with it.

I like how all post-season the feeling on here was one of optimism but understanding that it's going to be a transition season with some green shoots of hope of some better football and being harder to break down.

End of the first game - NP out. SL out. No NW, TK, more injuries, wah wah wah

Archived