IGNORED

When will fans turn against Nige

Top Robin

Just now, Redrascal2 said:

I would have said it was shambles when he came here  And to expect him to turn it around in 7 months is totally unrealistic. I really cannot understand what you expect with a minimal transfer budget and the squad he inherited. 

We were on a downward spiral since 2019 and performances were getting worse and worse. Led by inexperienced guys in charge.

It will take time to turn it around and I saw a bit of that today, granted the result was frustrating, but we move on

8 minutes ago, 2015 said:

Way too many reactionaries tonight on here ? 

We will be fine this season.

Playing teams just promoted is a tricky one, ask Preston.

Controlled most of the game. 

Better than last season. James, King, Scott, Atkinson new to the team all looked good.

We are not of top 6 quality and nor are we going to be relegation fodder. 

It's a long old season, we won our first 4 last season and got nowhere very fast. Performances are key early on, we need to build up momentum in our performances 

This ? 

4 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Exactly.  As Pearson said in his pre-match, that's football and we have to deal with it.

He's right. He also seemed pretty calm post-match. I have no doubt he gave some of the players a real telling off for conceding late - but if he's not visibly irate then I think that shows he's reasonably content. 

Fans need to be very patient this season. I think there's a degree of impatience ever since 14/15 when Cotterill was able to identify and purchase a group of very able players for League 1 and win the league that season. That won't be possible in this league given our competition, especially with the context of covid.

I don't think we have any real danger of going down, and perhaps fans should use this season to enjoy being back at live games and watching a competitive side with a few blossoming young players. In 22/23 onwards when things are more normal perhaps we'll give it a real go and expectations can be raised. 

2 minutes ago, Redrascal2 said:

I would have said it was shambles when he came here  And to expect him to turn it around in 7 months is totally unrealistic. I really cannot understand what you expect with a minimal transfer budget and the squad he inherited. 

He should have been able to bring in fitness for 90 minutes and ability to see out a game. Kalas should have been on the pitch defending like he did in the euros, hes way better than baker.

oh, and pearson spent the transfer budget on a defender who might well come good, when we could all see that our best striker went and wasnt replaced, 1.5 million is a lot of money in this market.

We were knackered when he came in, but we cant score and cant defend still

29 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Clearly we all want him to do well, but there will come a time when the fans will start to turn on him if things go wrong.

OK he had a dreadful squad last season but I thought some of his tactics and team selections were a bit off the mark and it could have been better I feel.

Today was an improvement but then the old problems came back and just from a few reactions on here, it is clear that some fans are getting a bit frustrated.

I recon that around 5 games should give an idea what he is capable of doing with a team mainly created by himself.

What a ***** thread!!!

3 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

If fans didn't turn against LJ - and let's face it many/most on here swore he was the Messiah until 5 minutes before he got the boot! - they'll take a long time to turn against Pearson. By which time he'll have got it right. 

Did they? I think it was almost unanimous he needed to go by the time he was sacked. 

Just now, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Ah, the old start again thread 

We've not won a league game since March and around a handful in the league this calendar year. 

NP has won 2/3 in the league thus far. 

For those starting to get annoyed it's about a manager trading off reputation but showing nothing of the things that earnt him that rep in the first place. If that goes another 3/4 games then suggest that people will start to be a lot more vocal as it'll be up there with LJ winless streaks. 

That ignores all context though, as you know.

Pearson has inherited this side and now has made some additions - we're still unbalanced and it'll take a while to get them playing cohesively.

We were a bit unlucky today, and newly promoted sides are always a bit awkward. 

Any rational fan would judge this season as a clean slate. Last season isn't that relevant as it was largely Holden/Johnson's team which he readily admitted was poor.

1 minute ago, GasDestroyer said:

The large majority of City fans are right behind Nige P. Any sane City fan acknowledges the shitshow from the last 2 seasons that he inherited.

God yeah, a totally unprofessional and unorganised mess for the last 18 months under Johnson and then Holden. 

He is the guy we need to get us back on the right track and we need to keep the faith

17 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Pearson seems okay in the post match.  Quite matter of fact.  Didnt take chances and thats that.  

Important to remember this is the first game of the season.  

Until either Wells wakes up or we recruit a goalscorer, we will have to get used to low scoring games where we rely upon our defensive abilities to see us through.  Unlike today ?   Peronally,  I really miss the days when wingers  played regularly.

He is still in his first transfer window one that unfortunately due to covid we cant and a lot of other teams haven't been able to compete in as they would hope today was really the first day of the project so im looking at it as was it better than last season could i see a improvement and honestly yes i believe there was   

43 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Clearly we all want him to do well, but there will come a time when the fans will start to turn on him if things go wrong.

OK he had a dreadful squad last season but I thought some of his tactics and team selections were a bit off the mark and it could have been better I feel.

Today was an improvement but then the old problems came back and just from a few reactions on here, it is clear that some fans are getting a bit frustrated.

I recon that around 5 games should give an idea what he is capable of doing with a team mainly created by himself.

And the winner of the most pointless thread after one game is……

45 minutes ago, Top Robin said:

Not really

2 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

It doesn't ignore context.

For Bristol City, Dean Holden is still, at this point, statistically a better  managerfor us than the man he's been replaced by. ?

So, it's not rational then to ignore it, considering form and at this stage a complete lack of progress in 7 months. 

Fans are not going to keep putting up with this for long especially when the novelty of being back at games wears off either. 

He's got work to do. 

Lack of progress you are joking 

3 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

Not really

Bit of an odd view when you spent the entire time slagging them off. But then I suppose it's all part of your "act" isn't it, being all contrarian?

31 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Let's hope never, then we'll be doing ok. 

Forums been invaded by pant wetters lately. 

Lately?

41 minutes ago, And Its Smith said:

Feels like a lot of fans don't really understand where the team is right now.  It's going to be a season spent nearer the bottom than the top.  Between 12-15th with signs of progression will be good and then improve again next season.  This forum may well be a place to stay away from considering the reaction to one point in our first game of the season today! 

Well said. Your last sentence is so bang on the money - I was thinking exactly the same thing earlier.

We all wanted an experienced Manager and one who has worn the T-shirt, we have that now and need to be patient. He’s cleared a lot of dead wood and is bringing our talented youngsters through which is great to see.

He will make decisions some fans feel uncomfortable about like not using Nakhichevan today but it’s a like a decision over a 50:50 tackle, somebody will always have their take and be disappointed with the outcome.

I personally wanted Hughton but what has he done since being at Forest, and remember he inherited a much stronger squad than ours.

Internal splits have been addressed, we will always win, draw or lose as a team under him and players will always understand their honest position.

This is season is the start of a rebuilding exercise, it’s the problem nowadays, fans expect instant results. If we’d won today, we would all have felt much better but, we didn’t, so get behind the lads and remember this isn’t last season any longer..!

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Bit of an odd view when you spent the entire time slagging them off. But then I suppose it's all part of your "act" isn't it, being all contrarian?

Lately?

Not contrarian at all. I said all last season that the squad and injury crisis wasn't as bad as people made out, and that the manager/s shouldn't get a pass because of that

2 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

2 wins from 15/16 games

Screams progress. 

Absolutely shouts it in fact, sigh. 

Progress would be having a better win loss record and addressing the issues he was meant to have addressed but hasnt, yet. 

Thus, the fans in the main will start turning in fairly short order if this continues. 

To some fans of other teams, we're already being seen as a bit of a joke for being so placid about things heck even NP himself said it at the end of last season. 

FGR Tuesday, and see what happens there. 

Scrub last season the squad he had was injured and quite frankly shit today was really the first day with what was the beginning of his own team and the performance was better than the drizzling shits i watched last season   

Archived