IGNORED

When will fans turn against Nige

Top Robin

36 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

That ignores all context though, as you know.

Pearson has inherited this side and now has made some additions - we're still unbalanced and it'll take a while to get them playing cohesively.

We were a bit unlucky today, and newly promoted sides are always a bit awkward. 

Any rational fan would judge this season as a clean slate. Last season isn't that relevant as it was largely Holden/Johnson's team which he readily admitted was poor.

Football isn't about context it's about results

Just now, nellie said:

its about results and they will come with better performances than we had last season and todays was a better one  

When did we last win a home game?

How many games has person won 

Where is the improvement?

We played Blackpool today not West brom

Not Preston not Barnsley flipping Blackpool

Sorry we should and need to be winning this sort of game,

Improvement in performance for 70 minutes is great but it's a 90 minute game and we weren't good enough for those 90 minutes

We lacked penetration, and attacking finesse, 

Today was better than the end of last season. A lot better than the games against Rotherham and Cov that I saw but a lack of quality still.

I criticised Pearson on here cos I expected better when he first joined but to talk about when people will turn against him now is bizarre. He’s not immune from criticism going forward but it’s been clear reading this board that the whole structure of the club has been off and the stasis/decline that he’s walked into isn’t easy. It’s a big job and the fans are going to have to put up with a bit of a drab season imo whoever is in charge. If it gets bad and you look in trouble clearly he has failed but I can’t see that you can expect much this year with a clearly deficient squad and seemingly no money to spend on it alongside having to sort the operational mess out.

I know many here will say just staying up will be a good thing. I just can’t get on board with that. That said, I do not expect promotion. I’d probably get a bit annoyed if we are in a relegation scrap come the last international break of the year. There is enough talent here to be a midtable side. 

To be honest i thought we were miles better than last season. We looked physically stronger and you couldn't fault the effort that the players put in. At least they showed that they gave a shit - unlike many of them last season.

Myself i enjoyed the match, and just going back down the gate was great. 

Ok, we let in a late goal - yes disapointing but i am under no illusions that this season will be tough. If we had held onto the lead and taken the 3 point then Nige would have been praised by many.

I didn't come out of the ground feeling deflated, just dissapointed we couldn't hold on. I could see many signs that were encouraging. I am not expecting us to finish top half of the division so my expectations are not high. Its a long season and there will plenty of ups and downs on the way. I think we are in a good place.

3 minutes ago, richyy66 said:

To be honest i thought we were miles better than last season. We looked physically stronger and you couldn't fault the effort that the players put in. At least they showed that they gave a shit - unlike many of them last season.

Myself i enjoyed the match, and just going back down the gate was great. 

Ok, we let in a late goal - yes disapointing but i am under no illusions that this season will be tough. If we had held onto the lead and taken the 3 point then Nige would have been praised by many.

I didn't come out of the ground feeling deflated, just dissapointed we couldn't hold on. I could see many signs that were encouraging. I am not expecting us to finish top half of the division so my expectations are not high. Its a long season and there will plenty of ups and downs on the way. I think we are in a good place.

A very sensible assessment of what was seen today without the need to spout anger induced, over the top, drivel on here. First game back after nearly 18 months and people are apoplectic with rage already!! If that's you, get a life, get a new hobby.

Just now, Moments of Pleasure said:

How many transfer windows was Rome built in, I wonder? Most supporters don't know that and nobody ever tells you ....

well NP said 3 seasons to be competitive when he took over so I'm guessing the powers that be understand that 

2 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

All I'll say is that if not winning a game leads to the type of meltdown that some posters are exhibiting then I'd genuinely fear that they won't survive the season.

Seriously, they should follow American, franchise, sports where there is no promotion or relegation. Would be so much better for their mental health and before anyone gets offended I do not make that comment lightly whatsoever. Before shouting me down have a look yourself into some of the comments and mentalities displayed on here because we drew a game of football we were hoping to win.

21 minutes ago, Monkeh said:

When did we last win a home game?

How many games has person won 

Where is the improvement?

We played Blackpool today not West brom

Not Preston not Barnsley flipping Blackpool

Sorry we should and need to be winning this sort of game,

Improvement in performance for 70 minutes is great but it's a 90 minute game and we weren't good enough for those 90 minutes

We lacked penetration, and attacking finesse, 

Tbf monkeh I agree with a lot of what you are saying over a few threads I have seen.

I am not sold on Pearson either but what I saw today was a more workman like performance than last season some good press in this system…. Good experience in midfield with James/king/Williams withHnM and bakinson in reserve.

I saw Kasey Palmer put in a shift with at least two crunching tackles.

it won’t be pretty but it will be honest and more professional than the last couple of seasons

1 minute ago, Numero Uno said:

Seriously, they should follow American, franchise, sports where there is no promotion or relegation. Would be so much better for their mental health and before anyone gets offended I do not make that comment lightly whatsoever. Before shouting me down have a look yourself into some of the comments and mentalities displayed on here because we drew a game of football we were hoping to win.

i think the problem is people expecting to win 

Just now, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Actually, I'll think you'll find most of those who are pissed off are looking at this from anything other than a one game thing. Lots appear to be about seeing through the emperor's new clothes and wondering based on form, when, if anything is going to improve. 

At present, statistically, NP is at time of writing our worst manager of all time I think. 

That focuses the mind a little and really for some they'd want to see more than that. 

ok who should we bring in and what can he change with nothing to spend ?

A significant number of the population have lost the plot and it's not different with city fans.  We should be in League 1 because we were atrocious last season because the team wasn't good enough.  We aren't going to suddenly turn into a top 6 side having signed 3 new players.  Grow up.

1 minute ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Actually, I'll think you'll find most of those who are pissed off are looking at this from anything other than a one game thing. Lots appear to be about seeing through the emperor's new clothes and wondering based on form, when, if anything is going to improve. 

At present, statistically, NP is at time of writing our worst manager of all time I think. 

That focuses the mind a little and really for some they'd want to see more than that. 

I was there today and I certainly saw improvement over the end of last season, as there should be given we have better players playing. I saw a player in Alex Scott, whilst not really setting it alight today, who will be making a massive contribution sooner rather than later imo. What a talent we have there. I can see that Matty James, whilst not having a bad game, is clearly capable of a lot more than we saw today. Andy King is clearly a very useful asset to have and a comparison between him and Chris Brunt is chalk and cheese tbh. Quality ball in for the goal. Baker did what Baker does and I saw enough from Atkinson to suggest that once settled in we have a defender on our hands there.

Negatives - Vyner isn't comfortable at full back. The kid has bulked up and lost a bit of pace/sharpness as a result compared to say two years ago. Has to be competing for a place in the middle. We also need a bit more spark going forward which is why we drew the game instead of winning the game today. However Weimann and King missed absolute sitters. The game could have been wrapped up after 45 minutes.

I saw all that today and, for me, that means more than staring at spreadsheet statistics. For me, it means I will give NP the time that is sensibly needed to carry out a huge rebuilding job. If we are making the same mistakes in ten games time and bottom of the league on 4 points then that might be a different matter. What I do know is that constantly moaning, bitching, bellyaching, crying and whingeing on this internet forum is not going to change anything. Pearson won't be sacked after 5 games so if he upsets people that much then find something to do that makes you happier.

2 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

I've not advocated anywhere he should go, yet. Merely ansered the threads questions and looked at people's concerns. 

As mentioned earlier we go again in vs FGR and NP needs to start winning some games or the fans will turn. 

Everyone forgotten the long LJ winless runs and open warfare on here and elsewhere already? 

Different management, approaching the same situation as it stands. 

i do understand but i feel people forget NP came in after the transfer window closed and inherited a squad that was largely injured and in my opinion a mid table squad he could only bring in a free agent so no scope there he has overseen a clear out but in all honesty hasn't had the backing of previous managers/head coaches add to that covid impacted finances we realistically a lower end of the table team i saw a improvement today green shoots so to speak if we keep seeing those grow we will be ok but ok i fear it will be 

2 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

Again, didn't mention you or you being at the game, wish I was, got piss wet through working instead. 

One year maybe. 

For all the improvements that you've seen at the game, then there are clearly a number of others who are starting to get pissed off at NP and some shitty results as they see them. 

I've already said I'm expecting relegation or thereabouts and that this season is about youth development for me. Others want wins, not every game but more than 2 since February. Cant remember what the win at home record is like for last 2 years but is awful istr

I'm not seeing any belly aching either, many of the posters such as @Monkeh have been around the block for ages and are giving considered answers. if they're starting to say things, others will be, if not here, but to their friends families mates etc. 

I'm not saying everyone is bellyaching but at the same time you don't have to look that hard to see signs of it either. Some people are simply unable to contain the disappointment of throwing away two points and that manifests itself in completely over the top analysis of the game and the slating of individuals. For all of the posters that make the comments you suggest above I could also point to a similar number, if not more tbh, who have said "that was an improvement on last season, give it time and we'll be alright".

We are where we are due to a failed "strategy" (in the loosest sense) that emanates from the previous, absolutely detestable, fraud of a CEO we employed but more particularly from the well meaning guy who invests the cash and has to take the ultimate responsibility. The mess we are in took years of making and will take a further year or two to sort out imo. I think patience will see us right, others may disagree.

5 minutes ago, Numero Uno said:

I'm not saying everyone is bellyaching but at the same time you don't have to look that hard to see signs of it either. Some people are simply unable to contain the disappointment of throwing away two points and that manifests itself in completely over the top analysis of the game and the slating of individuals. For all of the posters that make the comments you suggest above I could also point to a similar number, if not more tbh, who have said "that was an improvement on last season, give it time and we'll be alright".

We are where we are due to a failed "strategy" (in the loosest sense) that emanates from the previous, absolutely detestable, fraud of a CEO we employed but more particularly from the well meaning guy who invests the cash and has to take the ultimate responsibility. The mess we are in took years of making and will take a further year or two to sort out imo. I think patience will see us right, others may disagree.

that is the best way it has been put 

Archived