IGNORED

Alex Scott.

BCFC1512

Just now, Lanterne Rouge said:

Was it him with the assist to the assist? His reverse pass to King?

Yes it was. 

Very happy with Scott today. He already looks like a dependable player. The scary thing is I think he's still playing within himself and has even more than he's shown so far. 

He’s a very talented player but is he, at present, a 20 goals a season player?  He played in a very advanced position today, just the sort of position that would suit Nahki Wells. I found it strange that he was played in this position and, when he went off, Andy King was pushed forward to take his place. IMO it would be best to play Scott in a slightly deeper position behind a natural goal scorer. We need his creativity in midfield 

He was having a good stretch about 5 minutes before he was subbed.

As much as he’s put in a very good performance, let’s not burn him out match #1.

Still think we should’ve seen Wells come on up top to keep the pressure up on their defence, given Martin’s tiring from a decent shift.

Not as good today as some would have you believe on here. 

For me he is almost a good player. Yes I know he is 17 but I judging him as a player despite his age and promise.

We do this every time with the kids and 6 months later they don’t even make the bench.

Has natural talent and good balance.

we played the worst team in the league today and he did ‘OK’ 

What we want to see vs what we actually see ate 2 different things.

Its maybe a season to early for him to impact the game more then he ‘actually’ did today.

Shoots on goal - None

Chances created - None

Give it 3 games and let’s see the if the results go against us will he be in the team - don’t think so. 

Did well for a debut in front of fans but  lacks a bit of pace and is not strong enough ‘yet’ at this level.

Hot prospect - Yes 

30+ games championship - No

I know won’t be a popular view but just being honest.

Had a good game….maybe not as good as Brentford, but involved in lots of good things.  Mature performance, makes good runs off of Martin and Weimann.  Was tired, hence sub.  He worked the press well with Martin….Blackpool like to play out from the back and succeeded very infrequently.

Their keeper is a cheating bar-steward, Scott got nowhere near him.

Getting a lot of smoke blown up his ass. Good at drawing the foul  good at looking forward. Slowed the play up alot and chose the wrong option when better attacking play was on many times.  Yes I am playing devil's advocate, he looked very good for his age  but let's not get ahead of ourselves, he drew some fouls and had some good touches  he certainly was not as good as some ate making out.

Very happy with tbe performance for his age  but the "Scott great 'insert name here' crap" argument I have been hearing just because we drew and Alex is young is a bit laughable 

Was really good to see Scott out there today. He was fun to watch and extremely mature in the way he looked after the ball.

Players we've had in recent years gave the ball away far too often from his position, he didn't slow the play down and seemed to know when to recycle the ball and when to try and do something with it. The last 5 years we've transformed into a potent team rather than a creative team (ie. more goals per shots on target rather than quantity of shots on target/creating opportunities), when he does create chances - we're more likely to make the most of it with the players we've got.

Defensively, I don't think he was particularly tested but closing down their defence looked really good.

Not getting carried away as I doubt he'll get the goals and assists a player in his position needs, to make an impact in the championship immediately. I think how good he becomes will depend on when that happens.

4 hours ago, Alan Dicks said:

I thought we lost shape when he came off.

Not taking anything away from Scott but I think that was more to do with King being moved out of the role he was playing really well.

His calm head was fantastic in and around Atkinson & Dasliva, giving them a bit of freedom to be a bit more progressive - that was lost when Williams came on, not because he did anything wrong, but his primary job was to break up play and not worry too much about the players around him.

I agreed with the decision to take him off, he was tiring but it wasn't that detrimental to the parformance at the time.

edit: sorry @TRL I disagree, I thought he didn't slow the play up as much as Paterson (for example) used to - I didn't see him give the ball away too much either - it's good to read other perspectives though

12 hours ago, Better Red said:

Not as good today as some would have you believe on here. 

For me he is almost a good player. Yes I know he is 17 but I judging him as a player despite his age and promise.

We do this every time with the kids and 6 months later they don’t even make the bench.

Has natural talent and good balance.

we played the worst team in the league today and he did ‘OK’ 

What we want to see vs what we actually see ate 2 different things.

Its maybe a season to early for him to impact the game more then he ‘actually’ did today.

Shoots on goal - None

Chances created - None

Give it 3 games and let’s see the if the results go against us will he be in the team - don’t think so. 

Did well for a debut in front of fans but  lacks a bit of pace and is not strong enough ‘yet’ at this level.

Hot prospect - Yes 

30+ games championship - No

I know won’t be a popular view but just being honest.

Just on the chances created... He very nearly drew a foul in the box, he also had that nice turn on the wing and put a peach of a cross in. Didn't he also win a free kick in a dangerous position?

9 hours ago, solihull cider red said:

Not taking anything away from Scott but I think that was more to do with King being moved out of the role he was playing really well

Agree with this, was impressed with King and whilst nothing devastating going forward, we looked very different to last season, when teams walked through our midfield. He wasn’t as effective up front and we lost something with him no longer being centre mid. Think it was this that made the biggest difference in the last 10 minutes. Maybe Bell for Scott and Palmer into Scott’s role might have been preferable (admittedly with a large dollop of hindsight). 

Archived