IGNORED

Zak Vyner

Lew-T

I thought he had a reasonable game - will add however that just before the equaliser, he lumped the ball straight into touch from a free kick - and I thought then “that’s really sloppy and needless, I hope it doesn’t cost us….”

On 08/08/2021 at 00:33, Merrick's Marvels said:

Neither full back will still be here if the Pearson revolution is given time to succeed.

In the meantime, they're the best we've got and there's no prospect of an upgrade any time soon. 

Both were OK today, no more no less. 

50% right. JD will be off as soon as we get a decent offer. He's good technically but a weakness in defence. I'm interested to see what happens with Pring..

Vyner will be a squad player for us. His versatility will come to the fore when we sign a proper right back but for now he's doing a decent job.

2 hours ago, JonDolman said:

He definitely was injured. Kicked it with his left foot and reacted in pain holding his left calf or something. He was not moving too well after that for the rest of the game. I think we had run out of subs. He was very poor from that point and who knows if he'd been fit then we might have had more chance of seeing out the game.

Fair enough. According to the BBC Bell came on at 88 minutes, so something seems to have gone wrong with communications.

42 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

I might have thought it seemed like longer than it was that Vyner had a knock. It was definitely after Bell came on because I remember thinking we can't bring on Simpson as we have used all our subs. I thought Bell was on a little longer than that, but I might have that wrong too!

Oh well, am just going to try and stop thinking about this - it won't do me or City any good.

Bell certainly packed a fair bit into his few minutes: chases a ball into a corner from offside position, prevents it from going out and let's them have a free kick instead, kicks the ball away and then gets booked for his trouble. Onward and upward!

3 hours ago, The Bard said:

50% right. JD will be off as soon as we get a decent offer. He's good technically but a weakness in defence. I'm interested to see what happens with Pring..

Vyner will be a squad player for us. His versatility will come to the fore when we sign a proper right back but for now he's doing a decent job.

Yes that's fair, his versatility might save him but can't see him being first choice that's for sure. 

Archived