IGNORED

£5.30 a pint

sticks 1969

2 minutes ago, PFree said:

That’s before the ST discount?

No before discount I paid £9.55 for two golds with discount 

the sad thing is not so long ago it was competitive priced to pubs around the ground 

like someone said welcome to modern football

10 minutes ago, Rocking Red Cyril said:

I Remeber the good old B&E from my time living in bridge. ?

Is it still open 

Yes still the same 

We have a cunning plan.

We drink in the Masonic until about 2:45, then walk down and don't spend money the ground.

It's the only way the Club will realise they are taking the piss.

The annoying thing is, when the ground opened , they matched pub prices, which got people down there spending money. When they started raising prices, I stopped going down early.

Sod the beer prices, anyone else have their bottle top removed when buying a soft drink? Fed up of that shit. WTF am i supposed to do with an opened bottle that i’d actually like a lid for so i can take it up to my seat?! ( next game it will be a spare lid from home!). ????

8 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

We have a cunning plan.

We drink in the Masonic until about 2:45, then walk down and don't spend money the ground.

The annoying thing is, when the ground opened , they matched pub prices, which got people down there spending money. When they started raising prices, I stopped going down early.

It's a fine balance they could do with finding better.

High prices at the ground vs lower prices but getting more people to buy. Same could be said with season tickets and shirts.

It always strikes me as weird that season (and match day) tickets are so expensive at clubs who don't sell out every game.

Surely having 12000 season tickets at £300 = £3.6m

Or 15000 tickets at £250 = £3.75m + the extra food + beer + merchandise those extra 3000 people would bring.

19 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

We have a cunning plan.

Post redevelopment drank in the stadium rather than local pubs, but the pubs won me back based on the fact they were consistent with their prices and service.

£5.30 for a pint screams 'there is no alternative, you have to buy me'; of course we have an alternative. And at those prices I am delighted that the club have made this an easy decision.

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Post redevelopment drank in the stadium rather than local pubs, but the pubs won me back based on the fact they were consistent with their prices and service.

£5.30 for a pint screams 'there is no alternative, you have to buy me'; of course we have an alternative. And at those prices I am delighted that the club have made this an easy decision.

1 minute ago, pl00peh91 said:

We charged £33 today for away tickets, the most in the championship. We have gone fully corporate and aren’t even trying to hide it anymore

Yep, and I'm not impressed.
I've gone from drinking a pint or two locally then going to the Fanpark / ground, to staying in the Pub until 2:45 like I used to. Only one loser.

3 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Yep, and I'm not impressed.
I've gone from drinking a pint or two locally then going to the Fanpark / ground, to staying in the Pub until 2:45 like I used to. Only one loser.

Seems like commercial suicide to price out some potential customers and to disengage with others.

If it was an out of town stadium with no alternative the price would still smart, bit you would reluctantly accept it. Thankfully there are a range of alternatives.

1 minute ago, Bristol Rob said:

Seems like commercial suicide to price out some potential customers and to disengage with others.

If it was an out of town stadium with no alternative the price would still smart, bit you would reluctantly accept it. Thankfully there are a range of alternatives.

Exactly. They were good when the stadium first opened, they will surely notice the drop in sales soon.

56 minutes ago, sh1t_ref_again said:

I don't mind the price so much, its replacing Butcombe with a tangy horrible beer called independent I object to

Oh goodness, I know they are pushing the Independence but I assumed they'd have Fortitude on for people who want a relatively normal beer rather than a citrussy hop fest

28 minutes ago, grifty said:

It's a fine balance they could do with finding better.

High prices at the ground vs lower prices but getting more people to buy. Same could be said with season tickets and shirts.

It always strikes me as weird that season (and match day) tickets are so expensive at clubs who don't sell out every game.

Surely having 12000 season tickets at £300 = £3.6m

Or 15000 tickets at £250 = £3.75m + the extra food + beer + merchandise those extra 3000 people would bring.

Exactly this. And if the football is total shite, you'd still be forced to go..........and then drown your sorrows to cope with sheer boredom and depression! Win win for the club.....god we are marketing geniuses hahaaa!

Archived