IGNORED

£5.30 a pint

sticks 1969

thats why our crowds will go down this year, whatever football is served up; some people will alwyas find something to contrast favourably with going to support our club and someone else will alwyas state the fact that sitting at home watching Robins tv with cans of Lidl's finest was cheaper than watching football at BS3. So what's the point of this post

2 hours ago, sticks 1969 said:

Thought that was quite a sharp price increase 

Yep - and I paid £12 for two pints of normal, cooking lager at a pub in Somerset recently - I know pubs have had an horrific 18 months and I fully accept they will try to recoup some of their losses by raising prices a bit - but £12 for two pints? Won’t be going back there again ...

17 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So we have this thread questioning the drink prices, and another thread saying the food isn't what it was.

Any idea if the PA in the Dolman has improved?

Absolutely bugger all has changed. The Dolman PA is just as crap as it has been for the last 5+ seasons. MKelly has done SFA about it. 

The guy should be replaced in my opinion.He’s a waste of space.

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Absolutely bugger all has changed. The Dolman PA is just as crap as it has been for the last 5+ seasons. MKelly has done SFA about it. 

The guy should be replaced in my opinion.He’s a waste of space.

I had absolutely no idea who that was on the pitch alongside Gerry Sweeney today. Couldn’t hear a thing in the south stand. It truly is dreadful.

The club will charge what they can get away with to maximise revenue, they need the income.

I bought a steak pastie (that was basically a potato pastie) and bottle of water for £6 something - won't be buying anything in the ground for the rest of the season.

13 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

I had absolutely no idea who that was on the pitch alongside Gerry Sweeney today. Couldn’t hear a thing in the south stand. It truly is dreadful.

It’s a complete disgrace that with a sparkling newly redeveloped AG that the PA system is so crap. It’s an embarrassment.

Now that we have a new CEO I’m thinking of sending him an email about it. Maybe then MKelly will actually do something about it.

2 hours ago, nickolas said:

Sod the beer prices, anyone else have their bottle top removed when buying a soft drink? Fed up of that shit. WTF am i supposed to do with an opened bottle that i’d actually like a lid for so i can take it up to my seat?! ( next game it will be a spare lid from home!). ????

Buy your soft drink from B&M before the game and save up to £2 on each bottle.

You can pay by cash too.

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Have to say that this season I have - after years in the Dolman - moved to the Lansdown Stand.

Crystal clear over there I don't know what you lot are moaning about*!

*I do, as for god knows how long, I was a PA moaner.

Ooooooh are you now “elite” and your opinion means more than mine!? I’ll see you in Starbucks, mate. 

48 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

thats why our crowds will go down this year, whatever football is served up; some people will alwyas find something to contrast favourably with going to support our club and someone else will alwyas state the fact that sitting at home watching Robins tv with cans of Lidl's finest was cheaper than watching football at BS3. So what's the point of this post

It's always, sorry but somebody has to say it.

2 hours ago, nickolas said:

Sod the beer prices, anyone else have their bottle top removed when buying a soft drink? Fed up of that shit. WTF am i supposed to do with an opened bottle that i’d actually like a lid for so i can take it up to my seat?! ( next game it will be a spare lid from home!). ????

It's been that way for about as long as I can remember, at every ground in the land.

29 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s a complete disgrace that with a sparkling newly redeveloped AG that the PA system is so crap. It’s an embarrassment.

Now that we have a new CEO I’m thinking of sending him an email about it. Maybe then MKelly will actually do something about it.

In fairness @Robbored, and all joking aside with your constant moaning about the PA system in the Dull Moan, I really think you should do this. As was pointed out in another thread recently, this is actually a serious Health and Safety issue and the club should be ashamed. This really does need to be sorted out. 

7 minutes ago, Dolman_Stand said:

10 - 15% increase in 18 months, seems a bit steep given the economic climate

Yeap. Get the idea publicans need to bring the coins in, but they would move more concourse drinks by expanding the range.

Half two, want another pint? Nah, be a squeeze getting that down in 15 minutes, get me a rum with a dash....

But of course, that isn't an option.

10 minutes ago, PhilC said:

In fairness @Robbored, and all joking aside with your constant moaning about the PA system in the Dull Moan, I really think you should do this. As was pointed out in another thread recently, this is actually a serious Health and Safety issue and the club should be ashamed. This really does need to be sorted out. 

I made exactly the health and safety point personally to MKelly ages ago and he denied it was breaking any H&S regulations.

Faced with a flat denial there wasn’t much I could say or do.

I will emailing Richard Gould tho. Might as well go above MKellys head in an effort to get he PA system fixed so that it’s fit for purpose.

31 minutes ago, RedLionLad said:

Yes, that’s correct, but you can take your own bottles in and no one bats an eyelid.

It’s a strange rule for sure.

Several stadiums don’t allow your own drinks. Remember seeing City at Newcastle and had to dump the drink I’d bought and buy one in the stadium where they promptly removed the lid . Always carry a spare lid now

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I made exactly the health and safety point personally to MKelly ages ago and he denied it was breaking any H&S regulations.

Faced with a flat denial there wasn’t much I could say or do.

I will emailing Richard Gould tho. Might as well go above MKellys head in an effort to get he PA system fixed so that it’s fit for purpose.

Don't think you'd be going over his head, one works for the stadium company, the other doesn't.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

Have to say that this season I have - after years in the Dolman - moved to the Lansdown Stand.

Crystal clear over there I don't know what you lot are moaning about*!

*I do, as for god knows how long, I was a PA moaner.

That’s odd, I’ve been in the Lansdown for a few years and today for the first time I really couldn’t hear a single thing he was saying during the Terry tribute with the former players. 
My initial thought was they’d stolen our speakers and moved them to the Dolman to appease Robbored but apparently not.

Archived