IGNORED

£5.30 a pint

sticks 1969

3 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

That’s odd, I’ve been in the Lansdown for a few years and today for the first time I really couldn’t hear a single thing he was saying during the Terry tribute with the former players. 
My initial thought was they’d stolen our speakers and moved them to the Dolman to appease Robbored but apparently not.

Maybe that gives you an idea of just how poor the PA is over the other side!

27 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

Several stadiums don’t allow your own drinks. Remember seeing City at Newcastle and had to dump the drink I’d bought and buy one in the stadium where they promptly removed the lid . Always carry a spare lid now

Shocking today  guess the ex players because you couldn't  here who they were.

10 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Buy your soft drink from B&M before the game and save up to £2 on each bottle.

You can pay by cash too.

Or The Food Warehouse (Iceland) next door, very cheap for drinks in there too. I usually bring my own drink to the match, usually water this time of year, but if I forget I can get four bottles of water in those shops for much less than the price of one in the concourse.

By the way although we can’t take cans in, or bottles with tops, I’ve always been allowed to take the insulated metal bottles in without issue. These keep drinks nice and cool or hot in colder months. 

You cannot compare shop prices with a bar. That's ridiculous. 

The bar is open once or twice every week, and the cost incorporates all the staff costs, from the servers to the cleaners, as well as overheads, and finally a profit. 

After season ticket discount, which about 60% of the crowd has, a pint is still under £5. That's still bloody good. 

21 minutes ago, Selred said:

The bar is open once or twice every week, and the cost incorporates all the staff costs, from the servers to the cleaners, as well as overheads, and finally a profit. 

After season ticket discount, which about 60% of the crowd has, a pint is still under £5. That's still bloody good. 

Sounds good value to me.?

24 minutes ago, Selred said:

Really??

55 minutes ago, RedM said:

By the way although we can’t take cans in, or bottles with tops, I’ve always been allowed to take the insulated metal bottles in without issue. These keep drinks nice and cool or hot in colder months. 

“What’ve you got there RedM”

”It’s my insulated bottle, it keeps hot things hot and cold things cold”

”So what do you have in there today”

”Two cups of coffee and a choc ice”

16 minutes ago, Silvio Dante said:

“What’ve you got there RedM”

”It’s my insulated bottle, it keeps hot things hot and cold things cold”

”So what do you have in there today”

”Two cups of coffee and a choc ice”

You know me too well!

It”s the old ‘bus ticket’ situation. Less people pay the price so the price goes up.

The price of a pint goes up to £5.30 because not enough were paying £4.80.  Next season it’ll go up to £5.50 or more.

I wonder how many sales have been lost by the stadium by not accepting cash anymore?

23 hours ago, nickolas said:

Sod the beer prices, anyone else have their bottle top removed when buying a soft drink? Fed up of that shit. WTF am i supposed to do with an opened bottle that i’d actually like a lid for so i can take it up to my seat?! ( next game it will be a spare lid from home!). ????

Where do you sit?

I buy a coke or water every game, and don’t remember having a lid removed since sitting in the Atyeo, probably 15+ years ago. And I think that was only after some d**khead threw a bottle at the ref once.

Had a ST in the Dolman and SS since then and never had the lid removed. 

53 minutes ago, jimmyb said:

Where do you sit?

I buy a coke or water every game, and don’t remember having a lid removed since sitting in the Atyeo, probably 15+ years ago. And I think that was only after some d**khead threw a bottle at the ref once.

Had a ST in the Dolman and SS since then and never had the lid removed. 

Dolman. Was a new one for me to have it removed and was no getting a lid despite protest. Such basic things are so ####ing annoying!

I found the price fine now we are cashless.

Literally bought 3 pints, handed over S/T then held my phone loosely by the contactless pad - one beep and walked away.

Literally cost nothing provided I don’t look at my online bank balance ??

On 07/08/2021 at 19:39, nickolas said:

Sod the beer prices, anyone else have their bottle top removed when buying a soft drink? Fed up of that shit. WTF am i supposed to do with an opened bottle that i’d actually like a lid for so i can take it up to my seat?! ( next game it will be a spare lid from home!). ????

I had a row with a steward a few seasons ago about the lid thing , sad git spotted my lid from 100 yards away Im sure . Made me remove it and give it to him under the premise that I may throw the bottle at the pitch at some point .I stood my ground for ages ,would not hand over something I had paid for as was rightfully mine .Of course I was threatened with eviction and a ban .Had to give it up grrrr.

Archived