IGNORED

Adam Nagy

petehinton

2 minutes ago, exAtyeoMax said:

It's a question of what comes first.

Did he ask for a move when he came back from a very good Euro's, or did he realise he wasn't going to start games and thought sod this.
I don't understand how 2 very good players in the Euro's can't get in a bang average Championship side.
Nige has the right to pick whoever he wants, but you can't help but wonder.

• Like 7

Even Nagys biggest fans couldn’t put him as first on the team sheet Tbf - he’s just not shown it since being here.  When you think today Williams, Bakinson and Massengo weren’t in the side it’s an easy one to say we get rid of - he’s not so much better (or even better) than the other options we have.

From a personal point of view, it is also clear that for some players Covid will have focussed minds - Adam is Hungarian, I believe his wife is Italian, so to be away from both families becomes all the harder - notwithstanding the financial rewards.

Is he saleable? Yes

Is he in our best team? Debatable

Is he replaceable? Undoubtedly 

Its a sell from me and no real concerns over doing so. 

Edit: just tagging @Harry in here for thoughts!

• Like 4
  • Robin 1

I was watching the game today thinking that NP has a propensity to prefer bigger “harder” characters who are going to be physical and aggressive. This view was affirmed further by his decision to pick Martin over Wells. Nagy is unfortunately a more cultured, diminutive type of player. Perhaps he saw the writing on the wall and decided to bolt back to Europe where he wouldn’t feel as homesick 

12 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

It's a question of what comes first.

Did he ask for a move when he came back from a very good Euro's, or did he realise he wasn't going to start games and thought sod this.
I don't understand how 2 very good players in the Euro's can't get in a bang average Championship side.
Nige has the right to pick whoever he wants, but you can't help but wonder.

It stands to reason that Nagy is a high earner, as are Kalas, Palmer and Wells. NP has said we need to reduce our wage bill. If buyers can be found for them, I wouldn’t be surprised to see all of them leave before the end of the month (although Palmer seems to have a future).

Edited by tin

2 minutes ago, italian dave said:

Sadly though, if he’s asked to leave that will probably reduce his value. 

You’d have to question in that case why NP decided to disclose this in his presser, other than to perhaps trigger a bidding war well before the transfer window shuts?

• Like 1