IGNORED

Adam Nagy

petehinton

4 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

You’d have to question in that case why NP decided to disclose this in his presser, other than to perhaps trigger a bidding war well before the transfer window shuts?

I can see the point of triggering a bidding war but surely there are other ways to do that. I just think that where it’s known that a player wants away that removes a card from his current club’s hand. 

But I’m sure NP has more experience of this than me! 

Perhaps he could have done with the advice of a seasoned wheeler dealer, someone like….Mark Ashton - only joking ! 

10 minutes ago, tin said:

It stands to reason that Nagy is a high earner, as are Kalas, Palmer and Wells. NP has said we need to reduce our wage bill. If buyers can be found for them, I wouldn’t be surprised to see all of them leave before the end of the month (although Palmer seems to have a future).

They are also the better players . Nagy & Kalas have come out of the Euro's in massive credit. Pearsons call, but seems strange they can't get in a bang average Championship side. As I said Nige's call and until we get shitter than under Johnson I'm happy to see where it takes us.

7 minutes ago, IdliketoRogerMoore said:

If he request to leave we don’t have to pay him the rest of his contract as he’s the one who wants to break it!

It's  contract, we pay him until he leaves . He may not get bonus's due if he requests a transfer, that's a different thing, but asking for a move doesn't affect much.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 1960maaan said:

They are also the better players . Nagy & Kalas have come out of the Euro's in massive credit. Pearsons call, but seems strange they can't get in a bang average Championship side. As I said Nige's call and until we get shitter than under Johnson I'm happy to see where it takes us.

It's  contract, we pay him until he leaves . He may not get bonus's due if he requests a transfer, that's a different thing, but asking for a move doesn't affect much.

Hmmm. Not sure that’s right, at all.

2 minutes ago, Marco the red said:

I think NP is deliberately leaving out players to force this to happen, Nagy Kalas etc.

My thoughts too. Kalas & Nagy won’t have their stock any higher than right now, and are on huge huge wages. Makes sense to try and move on. 

Wells - won’t want to not be the main man, not least an unused sub. 

Gonna be a really interesting week transfer wise

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, pl00peh91 said:

You’d have to question in that case why NP decided to disclose this in his presser, other than to perhaps trigger a bidding war well before the transfer window shuts?

Make sense to advertise the fact to any interested parties if Nagy wants out. 

I get the idea he’d prefer to be playing in European leagues but doubt those clubs are watching Bristol city post match interviews, but you never know.

Just now, James54De said:

Hmmm. Not sure that’s right, at all.

Just because he asks for a move doesn't mean he doesn't get paid , does it?

There are usually bonus's paid over a contract, maybe every 6 months or so. Asking for a move will affect that. Do you think asking for a move means he doesn't get a normal wage?

Just now, petehinton said:

My thoughts too. Kalas & Nagy won’t have their stock any higher than right now, and are on huge huge wages. Makes sense to try and move on. 

Wells - won’t want to not be the main man, not least an unused sub. 

Gonna be a really interesting week transfer wise

You have to question their ambition after a good Euros to even consider staying at City.

As much we love the club we are a struggling 2nd tier team with little to no chance of going anywhere this season.

Shame we probably never saw the best of him, but I think personally; I’m done with buying for pure potential, and hoping that will work out.

If he generates some space on the wage bill (not even concerned with the fee) to potentially bring in some one to assist up top, it would work in our favour.

This season was always going to be an extension of the end of last, where NP works out who is with him, who isn’t, and moves things around to get us on track.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Marco the red said:

Wells should be starting with Martin in my honest opinion, he comes on today against a tiring side I think we get a 2nd.

You’d drop Alex Scott to accommodate Well & Martin? Before today maybe but after this after Scott is a starter for me. We’ll see if it sustainable as may fade after a run of games but he looks special.

Would have swapped Martin for Wells at about 75 mins today.

• Like 1

It wasn't a surprise that Kalas, Wells and Naggy didn't start - they didn't get back to training until after the squad went to Loughborough. All of them are trying to catch up with the pre season and I don't think they will be properly really ready for a few weeks yet. 

Naggy has had a long standing issue settling in the UK, it's just simply not for him and the championship doesn't really suit him either. 

He could keep trying to settle but after 2 years and less time on his contract than has already passed he must be thinking that he isn't ever going to settle so for his own mental state and the best for Bristol City I think he has called it correctly (if not a little late). 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Red Alert said:

You’d drop Alex Scott to accommodate Well & Martin? Before today maybe but after this after Scott is a starter for me. We’ll see if it sustainable as may fade after a run of games but he looks special.

Would have swapped Martin for Wells at about 75 mins today.

Bentley

Atkinson Kalas Baker

JD Scott/Palmer King James Vyner

Wells Martin

8 minutes ago, Wolf Island said:

Quite likely. Misguided signing who never wanted to be here. Would’ve been better off keeping and playing Joe Morrell.

Here’s the Joe Morrell love in again. Never got any game time here, can’t get into Luton’s midfield, his reputation far exceeds his showing on the pitch 

Nagy is probably behind James King Williams as a minimum based on today, maybe HNM and Bakinson too. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, petehinton said:

Bentley

Atkinson Kalas Baker

JD Scott/Palmer King James Vyner

Wells Martin

Is that 12 a side? ?

I thought Palmer & Scott both on pitch worked well. Might get mullered by better opposition though or Palmer has regular off day.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SBB said:

As I posted in the other Nagy thread, surely his agent has courted interest and will have an idea where he is going to go, before he asked to leave? Could leave him in no mans land if no bids come in. 

Yep. I also don't think Nige would publicly mention that he's asked to leave if there's not a very good chance of it happening.

• Like 2